• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the year the model was made, but as far as ones I've kept, I've been consistently a 45 in Achilles. I'm on my 4th pair.

12.5 C/D on the Brannock, low volume feet (because total volume is another factor, as well as instep height).

I only got my first Adidas recently, but I'm a 12 in the Stan Smith 80s and whatever anniversary pair they put out. Wear a lot of the bigger Alden lasts in 11D, but also have 12C, so.

Oh, and 12 for the Converse Allstar 70.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Depends on the year the model was made, but as far as ones I've kept, I've been consistently a 45 in Achilles. I'm on my 4th pair.

12.5 C/D on the Brannock, low volume feet (because total volume is another factor, as well as instep height).

I only got my first Adidas recently, but I'm a 12 in the Stan Smith 80s and whatever anniversary pair they put out. Wear a lot of the bigger Alden lasts in 11D, but also have 12C, so.

Oh, and 12 for the Converse Allstar 70.
How do your converse fit compared to the Achillies?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do your converse fit compared to the Achillies?

The Converse are a wider, higher volume shoe and probably a touch longer. Achilles are manufactured within the last couple years, I'm fairly sure.

daniel2001

Reaction score
The Converse are a wider, higher volume shoe and probably a touch longer. Achilles are manufactured within the last couple years, I'm fairly sure.
That's really interesting. In my case, My converse chuck 70s in size 9 are the same length as my CPs in size 41 (US 8). That's why I was concerned that 42 might be too long and cause excessive heel slippage.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really interesting. In my case, My converse chuck 70s in size 9 are the same length as my CPs in size 41 (US 8). That's why I was concerned that 42 might be too long and cause excessive heel slippage.

I guess they do line up about the same.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Except they're a whole size apart for me LOL
CPs are the most inconsistent shoes ever that I've seen in terms of sizing. I've heard people size down by 2 full sizes and it's not even tight for them, while others size up by a full size and some stay tts, which really confuses me. Obviously everyone's perception of fit is different and people's feet are also different. But still interesting how CPs are much more inconsistent than any other shoe in existence.

karmaguy

Reaction score
You must have narrow feet then, right?
i'd say so more than the average person. i do think a lot of the disucssion on CP sizing is folks having different preferences on how "tight" they like their sneakers. I could probably do a 42 if i wanted a looser fit but i like my sneakers to be a lil tighter..especially since i find my CPs stretched a bit

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guys, we have to think critically...size down from what?

Alden at 8, achilles is 41, and nike in 9.5 is tts for dress shoes, sizing down 1 from the standard sneaker sizing. Most people size up on nikes by a half.

It's been like 10 years of these questions on this thread, and most of differences are just about not being clear about your starting point of dress shoes vs sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads