• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Not sure if the right place but I got a bunch of 42 CP shoes bball and Achilles that I just don’t wear at all (maybe worn once each) and I wanna get rid of them. Anyone interested hmu. Classic colors and materials

daniel2001

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was wondering if you can help me with sizing for Achillies Low. I got them a while ago in size 41. I normally wear a 9 or 9.5 US. 9.5 in Nike Air Max 270, Pegasus 35 and Vans Old Skool ComfyCush, 9 in Air Force 1 and Converse Chuck 70 hi. Most people I asked told me to size down so I got the 41 which in theory translates to a US 8. At first it was extremely tight and narrow. I wore it a few times and it got a bit better but I still can't wear it for more than a few hours without my feet hurting. Should I sell these and get a size 42? I hate heel slippage. Would a bigger size be too long? What's the general consensus when it comes to the Achillies' sizing? I'd appreciate any info.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was wondering if you can help me with sizing for Achillies Low. I got them a while ago in size 41. I normally wear a 9 or 9.5 US. 9.5 in Nike Air Max 270, Pegasus 35 and Vans Old Skool ComfyCush, 9 in Air Force 1 and Converse Chuck 70 hi. Most people I asked told me to size down so I got the 41 which in theory translates to a US 8. At first it was extremely tight and narrow. I wore it a few times and it got a bit better but I still can't wear it for more than a few hours without my feet hurting. Should I sell these and get a size 42? I hate heel slippage. Would a bigger size be too long? What's the general consensus when it comes to the Achillies' sizing? I'd appreciate any info.

Um, I think you should try a 42, but you might want a wider fitting shoe, like bball or something

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
42 will almost for sure be too big. You might try and see but I think you should accept that they might not be for you as they don't make half sizes.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never sized down in Achilles – sizing down is BAD advice. Go TTS in Achilles, if you're a US 9 get yourself a 42.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 thoughts

- I recently dug out my old BBall Lows (circa 2016), which I thought I had disposed of, and they look better than ever.

- Have you guys heard of this ultra-niche minimalist shoe-brand called Adidas? They have this shoe called the "Stan Smith" that's real clean. I just got my first pair and am wondering why I didn't try them sooner.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never sized down in Achilles – sizing down is BAD advice. Go TTS in Achilles, if you're a US 9 get yourself a 42.

Ehhh, it depends. Achilles has always been a larger 45 (my size) than many other brands, although also narrow. Add to this that in certain years Achilles were, in fact, larger than baseline (if there was a baseline), and I'd say that one could size down if other factors align, like being between sizes and having narrow feet.

I also find the equivalence drawn between CP size and standard sneaker size to be kind of a misguided pursuit. CPs are in whole sizes, most standard sneakers, and shoes for that matter, are measured using half sizes. For the range of 40-45, as an example, you have 5 size options, whereas most shoes in this range would have 10. And that's before factoring for width.

One day some post-doctorate will write their thesis on men's perceived sizing vs. objective measurement, as it is a notable phenomenon in Internet-driven menswear culture that perceptions of size distort toward discomfort.

As suggested above, the model is likely too narrow for you. Try the BBall or maybe the Retro Achilles.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Um, I think you should try a 42, but you might want a wider fitting shoe, like bball or something
I don't like the design of bballs personally. The Achillies look way better imo. Thanks though. Maybe my feet are too wide for these like you said.

daniel2001

Reaction score
42 will almost for sure be too big. You might try and see but I think you should accept that they might not be for you as they don't make half sizes.
How come? I've heard many people in this thread say they've gone tts and it worked for them. Can you share your experience? I really wish they did half sizes too. On Cettire they sell CPs in half sizes but they're fake I'm assuming haha.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Ehhh, it depends. Achilles has always been a larger 45 (my size) than many other brands, although also narrow. Add to this that in certain years Achilles were, in fact, larger than baseline (if there was a baseline), and I'd say that one could size down if other factors align, like being between sizes and having narrow feet.

I also find the equivalence drawn between CP size and standard sneaker size to be kind of a misguided pursuit. CPs are in whole sizes, most standard sneakers, and shoes for that matter, are measured using half sizes. For the range of 40-45, as an example, you have 5 size options, whereas most shoes in this range would have 10. And that's before factoring for width.

One day some post-doctorate will write their thesis on men's perceived sizing vs. objective measurement, as it is a notable phenomenon in Internet-driven menswear culture that perceptions of size distort toward discomfort.

As suggested above, the model is likely too narrow for you. Try the BBall or maybe the Retro Achilles.
Again, I'm only interested in the Achillies so if you guys are sure 42 would be too big I'd have to give up on them or only wear them for 2 hours max.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Such is life.
There's no store where I live where I can try it on. Do you think I should order the 42? I'd only wear them with thin dress socks, so I want little to no heel slippage. With my Nike Air Force 1's I only wear them with thicker athletic socks. With that in mind, would the 42 fit me or would it be too long you think?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no store where I live where I can try it on. Do you think I should order the 42? I'd only wear them with thin dress socks, so I want little to no heel slippage. With my Nike Air Force 1's I only wear them with thicker athletic socks. With that in mind, would the 42 fit me or would it be too long you think?

Here: https://cavour.co/en/product/5134/achilles-low

Not condoning purchasing habits that involve buying things just to try them on, but free returns. The shipping fee will be worth it to put to the matter to rest for you.

WatchesCars

Reaction score

I wear size 9 in nikes and size 40 in common projects achilles. Can't see how 42 would fit you. I can fit into a 41 but it feels sloppily long for comfort

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads