• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grolubao

Reaction score
Someone posted some time ago with an alternative to common projects but seems they've deleted the post. Does anyone remember the name of the brand?

Grolubao

Reaction score
It was a couple pages ago. It’s not Artisan, or Koio or Oliver Cabell it’s a new brand.

Grolubao

Reaction score
Indeed these are very similar, literally looks like clones. Even the toe box is much closer to CP than say Artisan Lab

I replied to a post that does not exist anymore, that was the one stating this new brand that was similar to CP

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends. I love Common Projects Achilles but my right foot has a wide point near my pinky toe area that makes most Common Projects a bit too tight. I have a few of the usual models, like the standard whites and blacks that work ok for a brief walk but end up feeling too tight. I've had them for years and they don't seem to want to stretch out in that area. A few years ago I found one model in Europe that fit just right. They seem to be slightly wider. It was a series CP made that had colored insides and soles. I recall the colors were white, red, or black, all on a white/white shoe. I've worn them into the ground and would love to replace them, but I can't find this style of Achilles anymore. I just compared them to the standard Achilles and realized they have a completely different sole. I'm attaching photos in case anyone knows what model this is and if they're still made. Thanks!

The cleaner model is the standard 1528 and the beat-up one is the wider one 2053.

EDIT: According to this site, the sole on the ones I prefer (2053) is the "KOBE" sole. https://www.footwearoutsourcing.com/en/margom-soles/

IMG_0153.jpeg IMG_0152.jpeg IMG_0151.jpeg

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi friends. I love Common Projects Achilles but my right foot has a wide point near my pinky toe area that makes most Common Projects a bit too tight. I have a few of the usual models, like the standard whites and blacks that work ok for a brief walk but end up feeling too tight. I've had them for years and they don't seem to want to stretch out in that area. A few years ago I found one model in Europe that fit just right. They seem to be slightly wider. It was a series CP made that had colored insides and soles. I recall the colors were white, red, or black, all on a white/white shoe. I've worn them into the ground and would love to replace them, but I can't find this style of Achilles anymore. I just compared them to the standard Achilles and realized they have a completely different sole. I'm attaching photos in case anyone knows what model this is and if they're still made. Thanks!

The cleaner model is the standard 1528 and the beat-up one is the wider one 2053.

EDIT: According to this site, the sole on the ones I prefer (2053) is the "KOBE" sole. https://www.footwearoutsourcing.com/en/margom-soles/

View attachment 1653128 View attachment 1653129 View attachment 1653130

The 2053 Is the Achilles Super model, they made them for a few seasons a few years ago but have since moved on to a different style amd/or discontinued them.

If you're having trouble with widths, my recommendation is to try a different model, not Achilles. Bballs, track supers, courts, really anything that's not Achilles and you should be ok.

Grolubao

Reaction score
The 2053 Is the Achilles Super model, they made them for a few seasons a few years ago but have since moved on to a different style amd/or discontinued them.

If you're having trouble with widths, my recommendation is to try a different model, not Achilles. Bballs, track supers, courts, really anything that's not Achilles and you should be ok.

Try Artisan Labs since they have ever so slightly bigger toebox, might suit you well

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Achilles retro are also wider

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads