• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Just checked it out, I do think the difference in the waves at the top of the toe area on the margom sole is a sign of fakes though

From grailed (I assume real) - one wave at the very tip, this matches on my other CPs
View attachment 1563397

From trr pair - two waves at the very tip View attachment 1563400

Plus, the lack of removeable insole...

Is this just an old model?
@troika my CPs I purchased 4-5 years ago and have since donated to a customer who always shops with us had a glued down insole if this helps at all

My white Achilles from Yoox purchased in 2016 had a glued-down insole, as do my Blush Achilles purchased from Dover Street Market in 2017/18.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks boys. I'll figure it out! I mean I can't complain tbh, they feel really good, fit well, and I got them for a steal. Maybe I just rock possibly fake bballs forever?

Nothing is real.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I'd be careful with Therealreal. I couldn't quite prove it, but I was almost positive the leather jacket I bought from them was fake. Certain things were off. Luckily, was able to return it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@troika fwiw it also seems like a weird model and colour to fake.
mid be more worried if they were white achilles or even bball lows or Chelsea’s, not a one off grey suede from seasons past in the hi top.

jaybeerex

Reaction score
Hey all, been lurking on here for a while but just wanted to pop a quick question in for any bball and specifically 1842 variant owners. I have 3 pairs of achilles and know them well but this is my first pair of bball i got from mr porter here in the UK, and i wanted to check if what i'm seeing here is common with others?

I'm used to having the non-removal insole in the achilles and when i checked the bball the insole seemed to have some room to slide back and forth and was easily removable. Upon removal you can see in the images the loose thread from the sole stitching, this is consistent in both shoes. This seems a real oversight, but is this common? does everything look as expected here? you'll also notice the brass nails seem to be hastily placed and not uniform.

IMGUR gallery - bballs 1842

xterno50

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Is this kit good enough to take care of a pair of some Suede Chelseas?

Only thing that i think is missing is the water and dust repellent spray https://reshoevn8r.com/products/sig...lution-brush-bag-trees-microfiber-re8-sig-kit

Know this brand? "Prestige"

https://curadellascarpa.it/set-comp...54m9sm5T0E1d0twrc2-rmWnX8cmDxSVQaAl8NEALw_wcB

Or anything you can recommend? Jason Markk? Crep Protect?

Edit: is this normal? I received my pair and it has these two things that look like fluff but seems to be embedded. First suede pair so is this normal? Can it be removed with a suede brush?

imgur photos

Attachments

• 78D8BA00-4CDC-4E6D-ABCF-05DAE8C2DE1C.jpeg
    78D8BA00-4CDC-4E6D-ABCF-05DAE8C2DE1C.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 8F273C2A-1FDB-4B04-943F-50A807D33281.jpeg
    8F273C2A-1FDB-4B04-943F-50A807D33281.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the old duck boots fit? Do they fit like normal CP boots?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or the prices for CPs getting ridiculous? US $450 for uninspired colors for Achilles low? Got to be ******** me approaching $500 a pair. At that price point, I could see myself and others buying alternatives at half the price.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they must be pricing them higher knowing they will go at least 30-50% off before being sold

Grolubao

Reaction score
Considering one can get a Artisan Lab which is pretty much the same shoe for $150 I don't know why people would buy CP retail

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which. I've seen a few people on youtube post about Common Project alternatives. What would you guys recommend?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads