• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ssani

Reaction score
I think it depends on which part of the shoe you're seeking room in. You have a ton of room in front of your toes, so length-wise you should def go down to 42. However, if your foot is maxed out in width, just this shoe shape may not be for you and can check out other chelsea boots for a better fit.

Comparing to other brands, especially SLP is kinda useless unless you know how other sized in between those exact models. Their shoe shapes are just so different. From what understand, SLP fits very true to size, whereas CPs can vary, with the chelsea boots fitting large. For example, I wear a 43 in CP Achilles and Chelsea, and 44 in bballs and others. I have a medium width, maybe slightly narrow foot, so the length really works for me. For example, I wear a 11 in Nike, and 10.5 in other dress shoes and boots.
Well, I decided to take some measurements, like u said, maybe the CP boots are not for me, cause there is no perfect size, since they dont do halfs... anyway, I measured the insole, which is what matters... the 43 has 28 cms more less, which is about 11 inches... a nike us10 has the same, louboutin 43 also the same and the SLP boots 43, also 28 cms... so Im kinda reliefed, is just that the CP toes are really weird lol cause the fit on me is ok I guess, I think a 42 would smash my toes and the 43 has some little room on the front, but in general the boots are actually hard to put on and my feet doesnt move inside or while I walk!
Thanks for the replies tho

Last edited:

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Well, I decided to take some measurements, like u said, maybe the CP boots are not for me, cause there is no perfect size, since they dont do halfs... anyway, I measured the insole, which is what matters... the 43 has 28 cms more less, which is about 11 inches... a nike us10 has the same, louboutin 43 also the same and the SLP boots 43, also 28 cms... so Im kinda reliefed, is just that the CP toes are really weird lol cause the fit on me is ok I guess, I think a 42 would smash my toes and the 43 has some little room on the front, but in general the boots are actually hard to put on and my feet doesnt move inside or while I walk!
Thanks for the replies tho

Ultimately, you should keep them if they feel right for you.

Im somewhere in the middle of an US8 and a US9 and a have slightly wide feet. The way my feet are shaped makes it so that i wear a 41 in common projects with a little room in the front just like the picture you posted. It doesn't bother me much, because my feet feel comfortable in them and i don't mind a little extra room. I've tried and still own many pairs one size down in 40 but they are a little uncomfortable and become tighter as the day goes on and my feet swell ever so slightly. I tend to reach for those pairs less than the ones with a little room.

Thats my personal preference, although CP doesn't make half sizes, i continue to buy size 41s because i prefer the shape and aesthetics of CP shoes more than others.

If you feel you need a chelsea boot with the perfect fit, maybe the CP shape doesn't lend itself well to your foot, but in my experience the little extra room you seem to have doesn't seem like a big deal.

Good luck!

Ssani

Reaction score
Can someone, who has CP Chelsea Boots in 42, do a little insole measurement please? Im interested on the size difference between the 42 and 43

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a deadstock pair of white BBalls in size 43 in my closet. I really have to many sneakers and I am cleaning out pairs to make some room.
So if anyone is interested in Brand New White BBalls please DM me. Size 43 - $320 shipped gifted or add % for invoice
Still available.

piblondin

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Well, do you know if the difference between the 42 and 43 are big? Comparing my 43 to my SLP round toe boots (also 43) they are actually the same size but the toe part is different, the CP has a very hard toe, which is actually kinda “pointy”... the problem is that CP dont do half sizes, so Im wondering 43 with a little space or 42 very fitted...
I also a US 10 in sneakers and 43 in SLP. I went with 43 in Common Projects boots. They’re a little long, but they work fine, and I think 42 would be uncomfortable. FWIW, I do wear 42 in Bballs and Achilles.

Ssani

Reaction score
I also a US 10 in sneakers and 43 in SLP. I went with 43 in Common Projects boots. They’re a little long, but they work fine, and I think 42 would be uncomfortable. FWIW, I do wear 42 in Bballs and Achilles.
So basically we are on the same here... I guess 43 is our size, 42 would be nice but would smash our toes and 43, little long but ok for a walk, still comft, my feet doesnt even move while I walk or whatever... the perfect size would be 42 1/2 but since they dont make half sizes, 43 is the way to go!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

17 YEARS!

Damn that is some time! But at least first 5 years nobody knew who and what they are. And to get full mainstream it happened over last 3 years or so.

xterno50

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm deciding on which Chelsea boot to pick and was hoping you guys would help me out! What are your thoughts on the following options?

1) Common Projects chelsea boot - Tan suede
2) Story et Fall chelsea boot - Sand suede, black suede (custom order), black leather
3) Saint Laurent Wyatt - Black leather, tobacco suede, black suede. tan suede (40mm)

My first choice was YSL 30mm but they only have that model in 40mm and couldn't find it anywhere.. now the CP one is growing on me.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm deciding on which Chelsea boot to pick and was hoping you guys would help me out! What are your thoughts on the following options?

1) Common Projects chelsea boot - Tan suede
2) Story et Fall chelsea boot - Sand suede, black suede (custom order), black leather
3) Saint Laurent Wyatt - Black leather, tobacco suede, black suede. tan suede (40mm)

My first choice was YSL 30mm but they only have that model in 40mm and couldn't find it anywhere.. now the CP one is growing on me.
What’s your style like?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm gonna be that guy for a min rn. Need a legit check on this pair that I bought from the real real.

20210226_140101.jpg

20210226_140106.jpg

20210226_140115.jpg

When comparing to my RG bball his, I have the following concerns:

My CPs have a removeable insole and this pair from trr is glued down. And I can't find the model number 1827 of trr pair when I Google.

The front edge of margom is diff to any other pair of CP I have - two waves instead of one
20210226_142257.jpg

Trr pair is taller and flatter
20210226_142240.jpg

The toe and vamp are different
20210226_142230.jpg

Trr pair is about a half inch longer
20210226_142219.jpg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm gonna be that guy for a min rn. Need a legit check on this pair that I bought from the real real.

View attachment 1563287

View attachment 1563288

View attachment 1563289

When comparing to my RG bball his, I have the following concerns:

My CPs have a removeable insole and this pair from trr is glued down. And I can't find the model number 1827 of trr pair when I Google.

The front edge of margom is diff to any other pair of CP I have - two waves instead of one
View attachment 1563291

Trr pair is taller and flatter
View attachment 1563292

The toe and vamp are different
View attachment 1563293

Trr pair is about a half inch longer
View attachment 1563294
Looks like there is a pair on Grailed with the same number
DB1BA9D8-6A28-492D-9452-8EE63FCA8861.png

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like there is a pair on Grailed with the same number View attachment 1563381

Thank you! Just checked it out, I do think the difference in the waves at the top of the toe area on the margom sole is a sign of fakes though

From grailed (I assume real) - one wave at the very tip, this matches on my other CPs
Screenshot_20210226-164957_Gallery.jpg

From trr pair - two waves at the very tip
20210226_140115.jpg

Plus, the lack of removeable insole...

Is this just an old model?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads