• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This pretty much sums it up pretty well. I'd say regular Achilles lows are just fine. However, I've noticed that their older pairs, especially special editions and premium models are nicer quality. You can often tell it from leather alone.

Still my favorite sneaker brand. In my opinion the quality is "good enough". Get CPs if you appreciate the brand and its design. Obviously they're more expensive than less known sneaker brands. There's plenty of other minimalistic sneaker brands that are cheaper and you don't have to worry about fakes.
You just got what most people wanted to say over the past few pages into one post. That is it. I am out of this debate. Buy it if you like it and go to other brands if you think it is not worth it or whatever. At the end they are just sneakers.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone has alternatives with just as slim of a fit and significantly more affordable, I’m all for it. I just think we have to really consider what CP has become today.

archibald is worth a look. check the comparison photo i just posted in the SF-01 thread.

theh00d

Reaction score
Wish I could find these... or if they could bring it back..
CP-blk1.JPG

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to re-hash this discussion, but I just received a pair of white Achilles ordered off Farfetch and this time shipped from Browns (which they own) and one shoe is dusting my floor in white paint shedding from the tongue. I haven't even worn them.

I don't believe these to be fakes, but this and the previous report would suggest some QC oversight. I am also not surprised by this, as I've owned enough expensive **** to not equate cost with idealist notions of purity. Still, not a desired outcome.

SimModa

Reaction score
Not to re-hash this discussion, but I just received a pair of white Achilles ordered off Farfetch and this time shipped from Browns (which they own) and one shoe is dusting my floor in white paint shedding from the tongue. I haven't even worn them.

I don't believe these to be fakes, but this and the previous report would suggest some QC oversight. I am also not surprised by this, as I've owned enough expensive **** to not equate cost with idealist notions of purity. Still, not a desired outcome.

I had that happen but after a ton of wears and only the high stress spots on the tongue where the laces hit. I would try to message Farfetch.

Grolubao

Reaction score

It really depends on the model I've come to understand. The classic white low achilles suffers from this, I've seen it in many models. Others such as suede ones are just fine.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a deadstock pair of white BBalls in size 43 in my closet. I really have to many sneakers and I am cleaning out pairs to make some room.
So if anyone is interested in Brand New White BBalls please DM me. Size 43 - $320 shipped gifted or add % for invoice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads