• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bingale

Reaction score
I
Hey everyone, created an account to get some help on sizing for the Achilles Low 1528. Since corona is out and about I can’t really head to the mall to try them on, but wanted to see if anyone has similar shoe sizes as me and could help out in my decision making as I’ll be ordering them online.

I’m tossed between size 40 or 41. I’m usually a true to size 9US in sneakers, flyknit racers, ultra boost, vans. Size 8 in CDG converse or any converse for a snug fit. However, I heard common projects can be pretty narrow and that’s what’s getting me.
I wear size 9 but the toe box usually has some room for every shoe I own. 8.5 is too tight width wise on all shoes i’ve tried on.

For other types of shoes like dress shoes and boots I get 41 or translated to size 8US. But then I wear a size 40 in Birkenstocks, which is 2 whole sizes down from my usual size, so I’m wondering if that’ll translate to the achilles low? Should I size down to 40 risking the width being too tight, or go with 41 and maybe risk it being too narrow? Again size 8.5 in sneakers is too tight usually and my feet aren’t even wide, if anything they’re average to slightly narrow. But my toes don’t necessarily ever completely fill or reach the tip of the toe box in my shoes.

Anyway sorry for the long message, if anyone could help me out or give some feedback from experience, that’d be great. Thanks

I am also US9 and 9.5 in Flyknit Racers. I did try 40s in CPS. Toebox had room but width wise was too a bit tight and although I could wear them, i couldn't wear em all day. I tried to stretch them, didn't help. I got the 41 and it's heaps more comfy but a little bigger. Just wear thicker socks. I was paranoid at first but I would rather be comfortable then in uncomfortable. Do you have width feet? My left is a tiny bit wider than my left. Here is a pic on feet.

Attachments

• 20200620_121803.jpg
    20200620_121803.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 135

lamero

Reaction score
Y’all are clutch. Thanks a ton guys, will be going with 41 it seems. I forgot that I do own a pair of Coach white leather sneakers in size 8US and they are in the same vain of wearable but not all day because of the width being too tight. I think my feet are average or if anything kind of narrow, not wide at all. I lace up my shoes towards the tighter end usually, but not drastically. I’ll order the 41’s and if anyone needs a follow up I’ll come
back and give my input.
Thanks again for the help dudes, bless y’all.

alessio46

Reaction score
The 1842 uses pebbled leather in the toe box and on the side panel, and has an additional leather layer on the stitch detail of the shoe. The 2155 fits 1 whole size tighter than the 1842.
Thats's why they are too tight!! I tried the 1842 in a brick and mortar shop and then bought the 2155 online thinking the fit was the same..

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Thats's why they are too tight!! I tried the 1842 in a brick and mortar shop and then bought the 2155 online thinking the fit was the same..

I think someone said this on here before but a good rule of thumb for Bballs, if the model number starts with 1 (eg.1842) go one size down from achilles, if the model number starts with 2 (eg.2155) go with your achilles size.

cp0nly

Reaction score
2020-06-30_19-09-52_569.jpeg

2020-06-30_19-10-56_062.jpeg
2020-06-30_19-11-07_370.jpeg

Jumped on the recent sales, really happy with the Track shoes..the 7543 color is a nice light grey and they're sleek like the achilles (bad angle in the shot above). A lot of websites have poor color representation on them though..

Kith is prob the most accurate

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 193

cp0nly

Reaction score
Anyone want to trade authentic/new cp black laces for white laces? please dm

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look good on foot.
How do they fit compared to achilles? Same size?

Thanks. I went with the same size, although I may want to size up in the future. They fit shorter and wider than achilles, very similar to 2--- bballs.

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Thanks. I went with the same size, although I may want to size up in the future. They fit shorter and wider than achilles, very similar to 2--- bballs.
Good to know, thanks for the insight. Was thinking about getting these instead of a new pair of Bballs. Enjoy them!

Reaction score
Looking for some of-white flat laces that match the colour of the laces in the attached image - a bluish off-white. Any ideas - ideally a UK source.

View attachment 1402895

Did you manage to find a source for laces? I am also looking for a set of off white laces for my CP's, but haven't found a European source for suitable laces.

Also I can trade a pair of white original laces for a pair of off-white original ones if anyone is interested (Achille Low).

Last edited:

nick227

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a pair of Black Achilles Premium sz 42? BNIB, can provide receipt.

$220 shipped CONUS PP Invoice, can do a better price within Canada (with CAD pricing).

It's this model:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads