• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cp0nly

Reaction score
More and more I believe I was sold a fake from Farfetch. Here is a picture of the back of my Common Projects. The stitching in the back is not even aligned vs the a pair of original ones:

None of mine are aligned even my 10+ year old pairs before fakes even were a thing. But all of mine are somewhat symmetrical.

In your pic, its asymmetrical. The left is aligned and right isn't plus it looks like the left stitching is all connected which is not how it should be.

Yohaan93

Reaction score

Grolubao

Reaction score
I have no idea since they didn't tell me, but looking at the email it does say:
Shipping from Dover Street Market​

Looking also, it seems that it's an official retailer from Common Projects. I'm confused now

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, looks like you got a pair that you're less than happy with. IMO it's an anomaly since no one seems to have similar problems.

It's DSM, which is an absolute retail powerhouse and one of the best in-person shopping experiences in the world. Did they respond to an exchange request?

Grolubao

Reaction score
Farfetch is trying to get ahold of them but they haven't replied yet, thanks for your replies

nick227

Reaction score
I have a pair of sz42 Carta Achilles Lows, BNIB.
$250 shipped CONUS with PayPal. Price negotiable, lower price available if you’re in Canada. pm me!

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of sz42 Carta Achilles Lows, BNIB.
$250 shipped CONUS with PayPal. Price negotiable, lower price available if you’re in Canada. pm me!

check your PM!

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Farfetch is trying to get ahold of them but they haven't replied yet, thanks for your replies
this is not even a quality issue..........shoes, especially white ones, are not going to remain like "new" once you start wearing them.

These are 100% legit and not fake - not sure what you're looking for..........

alessio46

Reaction score
Hello guys, I've posted this question Saturday but I didn't get any response.
Could someone tell me the difference between the Bball 1842 and the 2155?? I have a pair of 2155 and they look exactly like the 1842 (previous model). Is production year the only difference or something else changes?
Thanks.

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Hello guys, I've posted this question Saturday but I didn't get any response.
Could someone tell me the difference between the Bball 1842 and the 2155?? I have a pair of 2155 and they look exactly like the 1842 (previous model). Is production year the only difference or something else changes?
Thanks.

The 1842 uses pebbled leather in the toe box and on the side panel, and has an additional leather layer on the stitch detail of the shoe. The 2155 fits 1 whole size tighter than the 1842.

lamero

Reaction score
Hey everyone, created an account to get some help on sizing for the Achilles Low 1528. Since corona is out and about I can’t really head to the mall to try them on, but wanted to see if anyone has similar shoe sizes as me and could help out in my decision making as I’ll be ordering them online.

I’m tossed between size 40 or 41. I’m usually a true to size 9US in sneakers, flyknit racers, ultra boost, vans. Size 8 in CDG converse or any converse for a snug fit. However, I heard common projects can be pretty narrow and that’s what’s getting me.
I wear size 9 but the toe box usually has some room for every shoe I own. 8.5 is too tight width wise on all shoes i’ve tried on.

For other types of shoes like dress shoes and boots I get 41 or translated to size 8US. But then I wear a size 40 in Birkenstocks, which is 2 whole sizes down from my usual size, so I’m wondering if that’ll translate to the achilles low? Should I size down to 40 risking the width being too tight, or go with 41 and maybe risk it being too narrow? Again size 8.5 in sneakers is too tight usually and my feet aren’t even wide, if anything they’re average to slightly narrow. But my toes don’t necessarily ever completely fill or reach the tip of the toe box in my shoes.

Anyway sorry for the long message, if anyone could help me out or give some feedback from experience, that’d be great. Thanks

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Hey everyone, created an account to get some help on sizing for the Achilles Low 1528. Since corona is out and about I can’t really head to the mall to try them on, but wanted to see if anyone has similar shoe sizes as me and could help out in my decision making as I’ll be ordering them online.

I’m tossed between size 40 or 41. I’m usually a true to size 9US in sneakers, flyknit racers, ultra boost, vans. Size 8 in CDG converse or any converse for a snug fit. However, I heard common projects can be pretty narrow and that’s what’s getting me.
I wear size 9 but the toe box usually has some room for every shoe I own. 8.5 is too tight width wise on all shoes i’ve tried on.

For other types of shoes like dress shoes and boots I get 41 or translated to size 8US. But then I wear a size 40 in Birkenstocks, which is 2 whole sizes down from my usual size, so I’m wondering if that’ll translate to the achilles low? Should I size down to 40 risking the width being too tight, or go with 41 and maybe risk it being too narrow? Again size 8.5 in sneakers is too tight usually and my feet aren’t even wide, if anything they’re average to slightly narrow. But my toes don’t necessarily ever completely fill or reach the tip of the toe box in my shoes.

Anyway sorry for the long message, if anyone could help me out or give some feedback from experience, that’d be great. Thanks

Im a true 8.5 in nike / adidas, had one pair of achilles in 40 which was too tight in the width, went to 41 and although there is a little room in the toe, they fit great. if you are really a half size bigger than me i wouldn't recommend going with a 40 at all.

I also have a little room in my other sneakers as well, and this would be no different i think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads