• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alessio46

Reaction score
Hello guys, could someone tell me the difference between the Bball 1842 and the 2155?? Are these the only two versions of the Bball or there are been other versions released throughout the years?
Thanks in advance for your answer! :)

Grolubao

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought a pair of Common Projects Low Aquilles, and I'm really disappointed with the quality of the shoes. Besides multiple blisters, the paint is already coming off in the tongue after just a few times walking with them. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5775.JPG
    IMG_5775.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 114

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blisters aren't related to quality.

How tightly are you tying them? It seems like you might be tying them very tightly and causing them to fit close to your foot and also making the leather rub against itself.

For the record, this hasn't happened in any pair I've ever had. Shrug

Grolubao

Reaction score
Blisters aren't related to quality.

How tightly are you tying them? It seems like you might be tying them very tightly and causing them to fit close to your foot and also making the leather rub against itself.

For the record, this hasn't happened in any pair I've ever had. Shrug

They're not very tight. I've tried the 42 and 41 in the store and def the 41 was much better, but these seems much harder, but this is probably because they still need to be broken in. Wore them twice or so.

Regardless, I have many leather shoes and in any of these it cause the leather to discolour like this just after a few wearings. I'm appalled by the quality control.

Grolubao

Reaction score
Return them and move on.

Sure I can do that, and I've complained to the department so I'm waiting for an answer, but instead of just replying like that, it would be great to understand if others had the same problem, or if this is common with these sneakers

TokenMao

Reaction score
Sure I can do that, and I've complained to the department so I'm waiting for an answer, but instead of just replying like that, it would be great to understand if others had the same problem, or if this is common with these sneakers

Never had a quality problem like that before

Grolubao

Reaction score
Indeed, it almost looks like this is a synthetic leather with a coat of paint on it. I can't believe this to be fake since it was bought at Farfetch, but who knows...

cp0nly

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought a pair of Common Projects Low Aquilles, and I'm really disappointed with the quality of the shoes. Besides multiple blisters, the paint is already coming off in the tongue after just a few times walking with them. Is this normal?

FWIW, I have 2 older pairs of achilles that are still in my rotation.

1 pair is over 8 years old, completely destroyed but because of the quality soles I still use them for deadlifts/squats days and basic weight lifting.

Another pair is 5 years old, with some separation from the sole and upper from casual road cycling.

Neither of these abused shoes have marks like yours where it looks like the paint just scuffed off from basic abrasion.

I'm curious what really happened to cause that because Farfetch wouldn't sell fakes.

Grolubao

Reaction score
I agree, it's really strange. It honestly doesn't look like fakes since I've analysed them based on other fake reports, so probably just poor quality control this time. Let's see what they say

SimModa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had this issue as well, thought it was normal or because I tied the shoes too tight. TBH you can't see it, yes it sucks but no matter how much you baby them these shoes will get scuffed and worn in. If you're ok with that keep them if not try for a return/exchange. I doubt Farfetch would have fakes.

Edit: I got mine from Tres Bien.

Grolubao

Reaction score
I agree, I mean I would be very surprised if it's fake. Regardless, with all leathers it's normal some discolouration specially in the parts where there are creases, but chipping the pain like this? Never seen it before, specially in new shoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads