• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whyme?

Reaction score
Hi all, how does the TOURNAMENT LOW run sizing wise? Same as Achilles? Size down 1?

Bingale

Reaction score
What color pants and top would you wear with these bballs? The color is tempting me to get a pair. I like how it's different to the white and greys

Attachments

• images.jpeg-2.jpg
    images.jpeg-2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 185

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color pants and top would you wear with these bballs? The color is tempting me to get a pair. I like how it's different to the white and greys
I love these light tan colors. Navy and off white (natural?) look really nice. Like oatmeal color. Or anything really warm in the orange / pink spectrum.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm between two sizes (40 and 41) in CPs. Wear US 7,5 in 1970s Converses and US 8 in Nike AF1. My experience with different models.

Original achilles low: sz 40 fits a bit too narrow and 41 are just too long. I prefer 40 but there's better fitting models available for me.

Original achilles mid: sz 40 fits ok. I don't wear mids anymore though.

Premium achilles lows: sz 40. Slightly less narrow than original achilles low. Fits fine and aren't too long.

Premium full-grain achilles high: sz 40. Slightly less narrow than original achilles low. Fits fine and aren't too long.

Super achilles low from ss17: sz 40. Fits fine.

Nubuck bballs from ss19: sz 41. Fits fine. Smaller than original achilles lows.

Suede achilles lows: sz 41. Slightly smaller than original achilles lows.

Retros: sz 40. Fits fine. Sold these.
very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I am also a consistent sz 8 in all Nike models (AM1, Air Jordan, etc.) and require a sz 39 in Achilles. Crazy how different our sizing is.........

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think nike runs slightly small for a lot of people

i'm a tts us 8 but have to take an 8.5 in nike, and am consistently that size in the brand

wear a 40 in cp (and am that size across all models i've tried, e.g. achilles low, 2128 bballs, track sneakers, chelseas, combat boots, derbies, etc.)

djan

Reaction score
very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I am also a consistent sz 8 in all Nike models (AM1, Air Jordan, etc.) and require a sz 39 in Achilles. Crazy how different our sizing is.........
I wear US 8.5 in every other Nike model except AF1.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some of-white flat laces that match the colour of the laces in the attached image - a bluish off-white. Any ideas - ideally a UK source.

IMG_2559.jpeg

nick227

Reaction score
Wondering if someone else can chime in on this - I'm a pretty consistent sz 9.5 across the board, except some miUSA New Balance models I go down to a 9.

Got a pair of sz 41 Achilles and B-Balls in from Matches last week, and while I could get them on my foot, they were both unbearably tight (even barefoot). They also looked quite tight on my foot, because of my thicker ankles and wide feet (especially the Achilles).

I exchanged for a sz 42 Achilles, and it fit me great in width (slightly snug), but is slightly too long.

Should I be worried the 42 will stretch too much and eventually be too big? FWIW I have a large shoe rotation so they'd only get maybe 1-2 wears a month.

Bingale

Reaction score
I
Wondering if someone else can chime in on this - I'm a pretty consistent sz 9.5 across the board, except some miUSA New Balance models I go down to a 9.

Got a pair of sz 41 Achilles and B-Balls in from Matches last week, and while I could get them on my foot, they were both unbearably tight (even barefoot). They also looked quite tight on my foot, because of my thicker ankles and wide feet (especially the Achilles).

I exchanged for a sz 42 Achilles, and it fit me great in width (slightly snug), but is slightly too long.

Should I be worried the 42 will stretch too much and eventually be too big? FWIW I have a large shoe rotation so they'd only get maybe 1-2 wears a month.
I had the same issue as you. The 40 was a bit too tight and I couldn't wear all day without it hurting and 41 was a bit longer than I wanted. Ended up keeping 41. Just wore thicker socks and would rather prefer to wear them all day instead of a few hours without pain.

nick227

Reaction score
Usually Bballs fit wider than achilles, the achilles is infamously narrow and long.

do you know if the BBall is shorter than Achilles? I need the width for sure, but hopefully they’re slightly shorter

Yohaan93

Reaction score
do you know if the BBall is shorter than Achilles? I need the width for sure, but hopefully they’re slightly shorter
not in my experience, same length just wider. Maybe because of the extra width you could size down, but i'd try one on first before purchasing if you have the ability to do so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads