• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jhericurls

Reaction score
Breaking in my Achilles gummy lows for the first time today, unfortunately its breaking me.

They do fit tighter than normal Achilles and feel less flexible. I got two massive blisters on my heels and couldn't walk. But at work so unable to change shoes, had to stick loads of tissue into the back of the heel to stop the rubbing.
An update to my gummy adventures. I've done the 6 sock challenge and now they fit "better". I can't go up a full size as that would be too big. They fit ok, its the heel area which is very stiff and causes a lot of chafing.

I've worn them 3 times and I've a feeling these will not hold up as well as the leather variants. There's already quite a lot of creasing at the front.

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An update to my gummy adventures.  I've done the 6 sock challenge and now they fit "better".  I can't go up a full size as that would be too big. They fit ok, its the heel area which is very stiff and causes a lot of chafing.

I've worn them 3 times and I've a feeling these will not hold up as well as the leather variants.   There's already quite a lot of creasing at the front.

Can we have some photos please?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know that's actually pretty appealing to me,m. the quicker shoes stop looking pristine, the better imo

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes

My ****** look pretty beat after 3 wears, would be interested in others feedback who have got a pair.

my vinatge white achilles are creased in that area but perhaps not as badly, and certainly did not show notciable creasing after 3 wears. I was planning on picking up a pair of off-white gummy but perhaps now I'm a little reluctant. the gummy is a rubberised leather, I belive the rubber part is a coating but I don't know much else about it? whether it's breathable or not etc.? as already discussed a few pages back it does appear CP could be using better quality leathers, the leather on mine are fairly hard with a fine grain - perhaps that's the aesthetic they are trying to achieve?

Last edited:

phivoj

Reaction score
My CP collection

I'm happy with them. Should be good for a while now...

alanducker

Reaction score
yeah, the grey ****** I have started creasing a lot too and the coating is starting to crack in some places too...will have to see how it looks over time

Jhericurls

Reaction score
yeah, the grey ****** I have started creasing a lot too and the coating is starting to crack in some places too...will have to see how it looks over time
I had a bad feeling that it would start to crack.
I'll not be buying another pair of ****** thats for sure. If mine does start to crack so early in, I'll be emailing Common Projects.

Last edited:

ovlov

Reaction score
Hey peoples.
Looking to pick up my first pair of CP and looking for some advice on what to get. Im not keen on white as i find it way too distracting and hard to maintain.

I noticed mr porter has a pair of midnight blue 'Courts' at a solid price. I havent found much discussion on this model anywhere in theae forums. Anyone care to chime in on fit/opinion/quality? From the pictures the leather looks very different from the achilles. Why are they never mentioned on here?

Im also looking at the achilles in off white or grey. Is off white muted enough to avoid the brightness/maintenance problems i would have with white?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

tehfangs

Reaction score

Hey peoples.
Looking to pick up my first pair of CP and looking for some advice on what to get. Im not keen on white as i find it way too distracting and hard to maintain.

I noticed mr porter has a pair of midnight blue 'Courts' at a solid price. I havent found much discussion on this model anywhere in theae forums. Anyone care to chime in on fit/opinion/quality? From the pictures the leather looks very different from the achilles. Why are they never mentioned on here?

Im also looking at the achilles in off white or grey. Is off white muted enough to avoid the brightness/maintenance problems i would have with white?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I think you should go with a pair of the Achilles low in white (plain white). They start off super white but soon they should become more off-white, especially on the soles so I wouldn't worry about the colour being distracting for too much. Enjoy it while it lasts.

These are the most versatile shoes in my wardrobes and they take everything to the next level, I have even worn them into business meetings and got compliments from clients and others! They are both dressed up and down.

The silhouette is just really good and I am planning to get the blush ones when (if) they are back in stock for men's (unless I get over them first), but I think white is the best choice for your first pair...you can alwats get the other colours if you like them later especially during sales.

Alternatively, go for the Chelseas. They're great too though perhaps not in wet weather conditions. Also very versatile with lots of fits.

I actually started off with the black Achilles mids which are good, then got the whites for more versatility and then got even more.

Pic of some shoes to hopefully entice you to buy
1f61c.png

boxdok

Reaction score
Anyone have the common projects & robert geller side zips and can comment on them? I'm contemplating on getting the beige pair. I can get them for a little over 500. should i jump on them now or wait it out for a lower price?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads