• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ursman

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm in NYC as well. Not sure where to find the chelseas here to try on. I do remember trying on regular Achilles a while back at DSMNY, the 41s were really snug and the 42s were too big so I left just as confused as when I came in.

I ordered my premium highs online and they fit near perfect on me in 41s.

I never had the chance to try the Chelseas on. Only place I can think of, locally, that sells them is Barneys... and they sell out pretty quickly. Because they sell so quickly, I would recommend getting whatever you can get your hands on and hoping it fits. At least you have it down to two sizes. Also - take note of the type of socks you will be wearing (sometimes even I forget). Re: My Chelseas - the 39s were ever so slightly snug... but are breaking in rather nicely after a handful of wears.

Also - I know a few of us use some insoles. I don't use insoles on my CPs... but I can vouch for the Superfeet brand that someone had posted a few posts ago.

@mljs54 End Clothing was a good stop for me. Highly recommended.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Folks,

I'm usually a 13 in Nike, which fit just slightly narrow.  What size should I go for in the Achilles?  Thanks.
im like a 12.5-13 but with nikes like air forces i can go 12. cps i get 45 and they are tight at first then stretch nicely. u might be able to fit them but would prolly be safer with 46

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody seen biege bball lows in a 44 somewhere other than tres bien? I'm sure there were other shops but I don't remember them.

rebirth12

Reaction score
Shipping inside the EU is really fast. I recieved my blush achilles in 2 days so I guess they're reliable

Last edited:

lomaxbernie

Reaction score
Just a quick sizing note (because I was so surprised), but the bball's definitely fit big. I'm generally a 13 (Nike, NB, Converse, etc., 12.5 on the trubalance, 46 in W+H sneakers are very snug), and usually need any extra room I can get due to a flat/wide foot. The achilles in 46 fit, but I thought the bball would be better since they are roomier (and was certain they would fit). But I was wrong, and now have to pay $35 to exchange them through TBS. I never thought I would be a candidate for sizing down in any shoe, but you live and learn I guess.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have any of you ordered from Norse Store? Any issues with shipping or customs?

I'm looking for some white achilles in sz 39 and they seem to have the best price.

Any feedback is appreciate!

adhesive

Reaction score
I bought 3 pairs of CPs from Norse Store over the past 2 years, no customs charges or shipping issues. Shipping is pretty quick with Fedex - usually takes about 4-5 days. The threshold on customs got raised very recently from $200 to $800 anyways so you wouldn't have a problem either way now.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah Norse is really good at shipping. I've bought a gang of stuff from them over the last 5 years and it's never taken more than 3-4 days to arrive, I was charged customs in the past though but like was said, that shouldn't be an issue now.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought 3 pairs of CPs from Norse Store over the past 2 years, no customs charges or shipping issues. Shipping is pretty quick with Fedex - usually takes about 4-5 days. The threshold on customs got raised very recently from $200 to $800 anyways so you wouldn't have a problem either way now.

Yeah Norse is really good at shipping. I've bought a gang of stuff from them over the last 5 years and it's never taken more than 3-4 days to arrive, I was charged customs in the past though but like was said, that shouldn't be an issue now.

thanks guys!

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Received my first pair of Achilles after sizing down, how likely are they to stretch in width? They're a bit tight at the moment, length is pretty spot on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads