1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Viral

Viral Senior member

many thanks..........I think I'll have to try on in person just be sure, but this confirms what I was already thinking.

2. Enigma1

Enigma1 Senior member

A friend purchased two pairs of women's yesterday so I asked him for you. He mentioned that one size up felt OK but since men generally have a wider foot from the large toe to the smallest toe, regarding width. Going two sizes of fits proper and isn't as long as when going up a full men's size, due to the women's sizing. Seems perfect to go 2 up , then scale back if needed, which I don't think you would. I hope this helps, I know returns can be a pain overseas.

3. Enigma1

Enigma1 Senior member

Does anyone know the difference between the achilles low in "navy" with the following different color codes: 3013, 4928 ? They all seem to be called "navy" on different sites for purchase, but its odd that a core color (black, white, navy, gray) would have different color/style numbers. Thanks

4. deem

deem Senior member

Hey all, can someone confirm whether I should get the same size in the chelsea boots as I have in the achilles lows? From what I have read online, I think they fit similarly, but I found a good deal on a pair and was hoping to get definitive confirmation. Thanks for any help.

5. London

London Senior member

They are just slightly tighter on the foot but pretty much fit the same.

6. jet

jet Senior member

I've read conflicting info online but how do leather bball lows fit compared to achilles? Was going to cop same size but then I read sizing was different like wtf.

7. London

London Senior member

cop the same size

8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Bballs are wider/bigger, but I still wear the same size. If your Achilles are snug then buy the same size bballs, if your Achilles are long then size down on bballs.

9. karuzoknee

karuzoknee New Member

Just to add my experience with sizing of the Achilles. I'm a size 10 in most major sneaker brands, and all charts and advice I've read suggested that I should get a size 43 in the Achilles, but that size is huge on me. 42 is the size that works for me, length is perfect, but the width is a little tight. I assume they will stretch over time.

10. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

hey guys need a little bit of advice

i bought the BBall Low in Blue off ssense and noticed there were several defects on the left shoe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rubber along the midsole seems to have been torn off in those parts. I contacted customer service and they offered a 10% refund.
    Should i take it or return it? Total price comes up to 240 shipped after the refund which is a very good price, but for a damaged item i'm not so sure..

11. karuzoknee

karuzoknee New Member

IMHO, I would return them. They're damaged.

12. London

London Senior member

return them. They cost too much to be defective

1 person likes this.
  13. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

thanks for the advice guys, trying to get a paid return label now
    let's see what they say

14. Enigma1

Enigma1 Senior member

Can someone post some photos of the slip on's on feet, perhaps with jeans or however you guys style them? Thanks

15. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Bringing you that hot changing room action:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps!

16. Enigma1

Enigma1 Senior member

Thank you! They seem to be much better with rolled or cuffed pants. I imagine with normal jeans they don't look as clean or classy as the Achilles? Different looks I guess

17. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

It depends on the colourway, I guess. They're certainly less 'sleek' than Achilles, as they're wider, but depends what look you're going for.

Jeans are rolled there because I had a pretty rubbish alteration done on them and the hem is not great, and didn't get them tapered enough to be worn normally. I wear those shoes with other jeans normally though, uncuffed, and they still look good, but I think a big part of that is the light suede, which makes them easy to wear like white sneakers.

Don't get any waxed suede ones though, that's what those are and the leather doesn't feel as nice as some burgundy normal suede ones that I also have from them.
    But then again, not everyone absentmindedly strokes their shoes... [​IMG]

18. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

What's the jacket?

19. Enigma1

Enigma1 Senior member

How do the army green look in person? some photos seem mid green, some darker. If anyone that has a pair can upload some photos that would be great. Thanks

20. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

It's a Remi Relief 'leaf' overshirt

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.