• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ursman

Reaction score
Ordered my Chelseas from End yesterday afternoon. Got them today. Wonderful!

CPNEWBIE

Reaction score
Hey Guys I'm a CP newbie. I ordered one today but I am unsure of the size now and might have to exchange them. I am an 8.5 in Nike and 8.5 in my Adidas Stan Smiths. Converting to EU sizes seems very confusing. I tried a 40 at the store today and they were pretty snug in width but the length was good i think. Then I tried the 41 which fit perfectly with width but were a tad bit longer, just a tad bit.

Which size should I get? Will the 40 stretch to like a 40.5? I am worried the 41 might stretch even more and make them loose.

Also are they Unisex sizes, maybe I should get a women's size to see if that fits better?

larryr

Reaction score

Hey Guys I'm a CP newbie.  I ordered one today but I am unsure of the size now and might have to exchange them.  I am an 8.5 in Nike and 8.5 in my Adidas Stan Smiths.  Converting to EU sizes seems very confusing.  I tried a 40 at the store today and they were pretty snug in width but the length was good i think.  Then I tried the 41 which fit perfectly with width but were a tad bit longer, just a tad bit.  

Which size should I get? Will the 40 stretch to like a 40.5? I am worried the 41 might stretch even more and make them loose. 

Also are they Unisex sizes, maybe I should get a women's size to see if that fits better?

I've found they stretch width wise, usually tight on me out of the box. I wouldn't go longer.

larryr

Reaction score

So should I go a 40 and wait for them to stretch?

They'll stretch a little, but if you need a whole width larger I would go with a different size (or maybe different brand). If they just need a little stretch I would go with the correct length.

The bballs lows are a little wider, i take a size down on those.

CPNEWBIE

Reaction score
Thanks mate. Looks like I'm heading back to the store tomorrow and trying them on again. The guy at the store was a useless, condescending prick! Hope there is someone more helpful there tomorrow lol

ursman

Reaction score
Were you wearing the right socks? I guess I mean to say - were you wearing the socks you would normally choose when wearing the shoes?

You may be in that middle area. I am a 7 or 7.5 in most shoes and I needed to go with a 39. Sounds to me like you are a 40 or 41, for sure. I would say go with what you can tolerate. Shoes break in. Leather stretches a bit and molds. Sounds to me like you'll be happy with either. If it were me - if I can tolerate the tightness... that's what I would go with.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey Guys I'm a CP newbie.  I ordered one today but I am unsure of the size now and might have to exchange them.  I am an 8.5 in Nike and 8.5 in my Adidas Stan Smiths.  Converting to EU sizes seems very confusing.  I tried a 40 at the store today and they were pretty snug in width but the length was good i think.  Then I tried the 41 which fit perfectly with width but were a tad bit longer, just a tad bit.  

They will stretch some in width and overall girth, if you force your foot to be putting enough pressure on them. They will not stretch in length. That being said, you shouldn't be in pain.

CPNEWBIE

Reaction score
Thanks guys.haha I am so confused. The 40 did feel alright in length but the width was tight and it showed on the outside too like the foot was pushing on the sides. The 41 felt comfortable width wise but I'm worried it might stretch even more making it bigger.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys.haha I am so confused. The 40 did feel alright in length but the width was tight and it showed on the outside too like the foot was pushing on the sides. The 41 felt comfortable width wise but I'm worried it might stretch even more making it bigger.

If there is extra room in the toe box, then likely you will start sliding after some wear. Take a look at the BBalls, as was previously mentioned.

Last edited:

CPNEWBIE

Reaction score
I see what you mean, that wouldn't be too comfortable. Thanks. Might pop in to the store again and try the 40 on and see if I can tolerate the tightness, otherwise I will stick to the 41. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads