• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should i just get some white achilles lows for $340 from oki-ni?

been holding out for some kind of a deal/better price, but i feel like they're uncommon at this time of year, and my size (40) always sells out quickly anyway when they do roll out

sales are in like 1.5 months

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Norse store has free shipping right now and Achilles are under $300 USD. I'd just do that instead of waiting, chances of finding a size 40 on sale is pretty slim.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Norse store has free shipping right now and Achilles are under $300 USD. I'd just do that instead of waiting, chances of finding a size 40 on sale is pretty slim.

No Achilles Original in Men's though. Assuming @masshi is male.

ursman

Reaction score
Women and Men's profile is virtually the same. I'm speaking from experience. I have a Women's pair and they are fantastic. Old trick with CP was to search for Women's and look for sales - Women's tend to go on sale more than Men's.

$300 for a new pair of CP is too good a deal to pass up. Used ones in good condition typically for for $200-$250 on secondary market. $300 for new, no shipping and no customs... I agree with @OccultaVexillum ... get them now if you can find your size.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the customs limits raised you can find CPs for around $300 a lot of places although not necessarily with free shipping.

cutemelon

Reaction score
should i just get some white achilles lows for $340 from oki-ni?

been holding out for some kind of a promo/coupon, but i feel like they're uncommon at this time of year, and my size (40) always sells out quickly when they do roll out anyway
thinking about this as well (don't worry I'm a size 41)
any other retailer selling this for any less?

pnewelljr

Reaction score
Quick fit question.

I tried on the achilles today, my feet are different sizes, right foot is about a half size bigger. I normally wore 9.5 in sneakers growing up, and I now wear between a UK 8 or 8.5 in dress shoes.

I tried on:

Achilles 41 - right toes were a bit tight (width wise)

Achilles 42 - toebox was a little large, and creasing was a bit more, but no tight toes

Which should I go for?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quick fit question.

I tried on the achilles today, my feet are different sizes, right foot is about a half size bigger. I normally wore 9.5 in sneakers growing up, and I now wear between a UK 8 or 8.5 in dress shoes.

I tried on:

Achilles 41 - right toes were a bit tight (width wise)

Achilles 42 - toebox was a little large, and creasing was a bit more, but no tight toes

Which should I go for?

I have the same issue, although my right foot is between a quarter and half inch shorter. Haven't had this issue with CPs though (not the newer, wider moulds anyway). Get the 41s. Sneakers don't stretch lengthwise but they will in width/girth.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer

i appreciate the advice, but unfortunately i know that i'd be too mentally bothered by wearing a women's shoe, even if they are practically the same

i'm assuming that your other post about finding them for ~$300 was in reference to women's sizes, too, right?

as of now, oki-ni is the cheapest i've been able to find a 40 in, and if it's only a difference of ~$40, then i don't think it's too bad a price (though of course, if you guys know of any sites that currently have it cheaper, do tell!)

Last edited:

cutemelon

Reaction score
@whorishconsumer

i appreciate the advice, but unfortunately i know that i'd be too mentally bothered by wearing a women's shoe, even if they are practically the same

i'm assuming that your other post about finding them for ~$300 was in reference to women's sizes, too, right?

as of now, oki-ni is the cheapest i've been able to find a 40 in, and if it's only a difference of ~$40, then i don't think it's too bad a price (though of course, if you guys know of any sites that currently have it cheaper, do tell!)
im in the same boat as you @masshi . Waiting to jump the gun on the oki-ni pair. If there is a better option I would love to hear it.

ursman

Reaction score
@whorishconsumer

I think you meant this for me.

Haha. I have them both. It says Woman on the insole. That's the difference. If you are bothered by that... then hey... do what you will.

CPs can be found right now for ~$300 if you look at the right stores overseas. Mens and Womens. Norse store is the cheapest I've seen new @ under $300. Endclothing has them for around $300 new... and they have a great selection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads