1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. London

London Distinguished Member

They should fit tts out of the box. If they are hurting your feet, you're wearing the wrong size.

2. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior Member

I think there is some width/girth variance between sizes but can't confirm this since I've generally only owned 45s. Between the styles there is significant width/girth variance (as noted above). For the Achilles specifically, if the shoes were very painful initially I don't think you would have been better served sizing down. If you have significant slippage now, you might try the 3/4 insole mentioned above to achieve a better fit, but given your initial issue this may serve to cramp your mid too much.

Achilles may just not be for you. In future I'd look into BBall Lows (above comparison) or perhaps the Retro/Vintage Lows, possibly sized down one (comparison forthcoming).

3. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

Thanks. I think sizing down might be best for me then. I didn't realize that the upper determines more of the fit than the sole shape. My brannock size is 10.5EE so I'll probably go 43 next time. Was looking at the velcro strap lows.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Or just start a Golden Goose and/o Diemme thread? Most people talking about a specific brand are more likely to like that brand computer to others.

Fwiw, I like both Common Projects and Golden Goose, for different purposes and looks.

5. Steel28

Steel28 Distinguished Member

Will be posting in our B&S tan suede SS16 Chelsea in size 42. Worn once indoors.

PM for more info, price below retail and you will be happy.

6. whorishconsumer

It's a combination - the last determines how well a shoes is going to fit your foot, hence the wide variance in widths/volume between the styles. But the lace construction is also going to determine how well the shoe wraps your foot.

In any event, I don't think sizing down with the Achilles would be a good idea. Trying the BBalls or the Retro and possibly sizing down may benefit you but you may just want to try those styles in the same size.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

7. masshi

masshi Distinguished Member

even without a discount code or anything, is tbs still the cheapest place to get white achilles lows?

8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Tbs or gr ailed/eBay/B&S

9. gatormd

gatormd Active Member

what is tbs?

10. itbegins

itbegins Senior Member

11. Szeen

Szeen Member

Another BBall low sizing question: if size 41 Achilles fits perfect and a 41 Derby shine feels tight for me, should I still size down for BBall or get a 41? Thanks

12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

I would get a 41, derby shines are a dress shoe and stretch like it. I'm a 44 in all 3, they all fit differently obviously but I wouldn't size differently. Achilles are the tightest of the 3, bballs are the loosest.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This. I tried to size down once (on the desert boots), and it was really uncomfortable. The BBalls are roomier than the Achilles, but not anywhere near a full size.

14. whorishconsumer

Like has been commented, sizing down isn't a good option. See my post from a couple pages ago comparing the Achilles and BBalls.

15. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior Member

Will be visiting Berlin in the summer. I assume there may be places I could pick up CPs on the cheap (relatively)?