1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. paajdi

paajdi Well-Known Member

2. jsoo24

jsoo24 Senior member

was an idiot and wore my chelsea boots to the club over the weekend. got liquor stains and dirt all over. best product to use? thanks

3. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Really wonder what, if any, difference there is between the Saphir Super Invulner and the Tarrago Nano. Significant price difference. Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of Saphir's Renovateur, shoe cream, and polish and use them on my Saint Laurent boots to excellent effect (as well as on CP sneakers). But I'm willing to bet there's no real difference between the waterproofing sprays...

5. jsoo24

jsoo24 Senior member

6. paajdi

paajdi Well-Known Member

7. PCLMS

PCLMS Member

I just got some achilles lows and on the back of the tongue it says 10 YR in the gold lettering. What does this mean? I don't think I've ever seen that before on a pair... I didn't get a size 10 or anything (I got a size 42).

8. onoudidntgf

onoudidntgf Senior member

I have that also but only on my white ones. I'm assuming that the model has now been around for 10 years?

9. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior member

Thanks to StanfordVic238 I got my first pair of CP's today. They are the Retro in 47 white. Just a couple quick questions for the group. What no show sock works best w/ CP? I have a few pairs of Stance, which have been my fav to date, but they peek out on the sides. Lastly, they seem a bit hot? I typically wear an RL Marlow, which is also a potentially hot shoe given how it is constructed. I am surprised I feel this way, any thoughts?

Thanks all.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  10. kennethj

kennethj Well-Known Member

Hello, I have a pair of premium achilles high tops with the ribbing near the ankle and those fit me near perfect in a 41 (I have slightly wide feet and normally wear a 9 in most Nike sneakers, 9.5 in racers, 8 in red wings / wolverines, 8.5E in AEs). Can anyone comment on how the premiums fit compared to the regular achilles / retros / bballs and Chelsea boots? TYIA!

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I had a pair of Achilles premium low about 2 seasons back and found them to fit tighter than my regular Achilles in same size (41). I'm guessing due to the padding. I didn't try the premiums in a 42 to compare whether they fit better or not, but 41 felt too snug for me, especially with thicker socks. So, my experience is that if you stuck to the same size, the regular Achilles would work. For BBalls, I size down 1 from my standard Achilles size.

12. ursman

ursman Senior member

I actually like Sheec Socks. Amazon sells them - so you can get them quick if you have a prime account. $18 for 3 pairs is a decent deal. They are very thin... keep that in mind. Definitely worth a look. Black. White. Tan. Grey. You are set.

I also really liked Vans no-show socks. But they tended to stretch to the point where they would show a bit. It's a better overall sock though... and I like the fabric composition.

1 person likes this.
  13. bumblehair

bumblehair Well-Known Member

Ok after some more sizings with these shoes, Ive decided that a 45 is too big for me 44 much much better.
    I always wear a 12 in every shoe maker. I thought at first the same was applying to my CPs. However I just wasn't enjoying wearing them they looked funny to me.
    After obtaining a 44 its like night and day the way they fitted look on my feet. I am beginning to appreciate this brand more.
    So I put a pair up for sale if anyone is interested head over to buy sell forum.

14. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior member

15. masshi

masshi Senior member

is anybody else unable to order from nitty gritty?

from what they've (nitty gritty) told me, my visa (issued through wells fargo) keeps getting flagged for fraudulence, even after i've been in contact with my bank and cleared things up

tried to get my brother to use his card (also a visa issued through the same bank) and it was also denied

i'm gonna try one last time and ask my friend to try ordering them (he banks with somebody else), but i'm not optimistic that it'll work out

16. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

im not sure, might have silicone? either way it does not have a description like the saphire invulner waterproof spray.

17. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Received a pair of Chelseas and they fit so much smaller than the Achilles. Do they stretch eventually?

18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Not really. I wear the chelseas in a 45 and everything else in a 44.

19. kennethj

kennethj Well-Known Member

Which pair of Achilles do you have? I noticed different aAchilles fit differently ie retro / premiums. I don't have any personal experience, just what I have read

20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Retros fit a little bigger. More like Bballs. I have premiums and retro's and still wear a 44 in both, the retro's are just more comfortable.