The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

ok good to know.

2. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

has anyone tried wearing cp bballs with insoles? how is it?

3. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior member

I'll let someone else chime in regarding that specific model, but unless you have flat feet I think adding an insole is a good idea. I user Superfeet insoles personally.

If you're looking to fill volume you can stack the insoles. That being said - and I'm revising my comment from yesterday - I'm not sure filling volume should be the primary purpose of insoles, as stretch is inevitable. In fact, by forcing your foot to spend more time cozying up the walls of the shoe I feel you exacerbate this problem. Additionally, at least with more potentially-bulbous models, you're defeating the aesthetic of CPs, which is generally a low-to-the-ground profile.

I have some Achilles Retros that are just a touch too big and while stacking insoles helped fill in the volume, simply replacing the stock insole with my Superfeet one has proven a better option, as it keeps my foot stabilized while better preserving the aesthetic and (hopefully) limiting stretch.

As an aside I'll mention I'm selling a brand new pair of BBall Lows in White in a size 45 in the marketplace for $300.

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/518561/common-projects-bball-low-white-size-45 layout=block][/CONTENTEMBED]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  4. masshi

masshi Senior member

does anybody else's cp's crease right onto their big toe (it happens on my left shoe) in a sharp way?

i remember the first time i wore my vintage highs (they're white, so i'm assuming they're calf) that they actually broke skin despite my wearing thick-ish socks

they've since been broken in a bit and are more tolerable, but they still crease right into my toe and it's something i'm always conscious of

you guys think it'll eventually go away with a lot more wear (don't wear them that much cause of the aforementioned problem, but i want to cause i think they'll look really good beaten in)?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

It sounds like they're too small.

6. tropics

tropics Senior member

yeah it has been happening on and off with my white pair of achilles.
    i have a few others in same size that are perfect so i guess it is specific to the way i have these laced, or maybe the individual leather... not sure.
    if anyone has any suggestions, be interested to hear them. might try shoe trees.

7. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

8. blank

blank Senior member

I have these. I really like them. Personally, I don't like the traditional white achilles. I don't like the smooth leather. I have no idea whether this is deer leather or not. No clue how to find that out. I think these run small though. I owned an old pair of Tournaments Lows in 44. Also Achilles Perf in 44. Got these in 43 because the 44 was too big. Leather quality feels great, though. Feels very durable. Can't wait to see how these wear in two years.

9. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I have these as well and sized the same way as my other Achilles so ymmv

10. Denimsuede

Denimsuede Member

Does it expand a lot? I prefer 45 on original achilles as 44 is a little too snug for me but If it stretches a lot, 45 might be too big

11. georgexward

georgexward New Member

Massive restock on MR PORTER EU of the common projects chelseas

Sand

Grey

12. kingvitamin

kingvitamin New Member

achilles low in the blush colorway in a bunch of sizes on ssense GO

13. CH03

CH03 Senior member

Best strategy for acquiring CPs on the low low?

14. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

If I am US 7.5 will CP Achilles low 40s work for me? Can someone who owns Achilles in that size confirm that the length of the shoe (outsole) is approx. 11.5in? It seems from what I've read that if I size down to 39 I might risk it being crushingly narrow...

15. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I'm a 12 and wear 44's (which are very snug at first, 45's are a better width but I don't like how long they are) in that case an 8 would wear a 40 or 41, 7 would wear a 39 or 40. Seems to me that 40 would be the right call.