• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NikeOG

Reaction score
imo, those CP can be worn with washed "dad" jeans or black jeans as well... they're a sleeper for sure.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
So I'm having a pretty hard time finding the standard Achilles lows in 39 (I am US 7.5 generally, and it seems like 39 would work best for me; 40 might be a slightly looser fit and I hope to wear these with no-show socks in summer).

Ideally I'd like one of the vintage releases, but it's difficult finding even the normal ones at a not-outrageous price. Thinking of ordering from Frans Boone which comes to around $280. But hesitating because I don't know what to expect in terms of customs. Any advice on how much I might expect to pay there?

Dylanrash

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with a L/c on these CPs please? I think they look ok to me but the stitching on the counter seems a bit off or is it just manufactury defect? More photos in spoiler. Thanks in advance

kastiaserak

Reaction score
So I'm having a pretty hard time finding the standard Achilles lows in 39 (I am US 7.5 generally, and it seems like 39 would work best for me; 40 might be a slightly looser fit and I hope to wear these with no-show socks in summer).

Ideally I'd like one of the vintage releases, but it's difficult finding even the normal ones at a not-outrageous price. Thinking of ordering from Frans Boone which comes to around $280. But hesitating because I don't know what to expect in terms of customs. Any advice on how much I might expect to pay there?
Hey! I'm actually in the same boat as you, a size 39. Checked out Frans Boone and they actually stock alot of size 39s haha, just wanted to say thanks!

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Hey! I'm actually in the same boat as you, a size 39. Checked out Frans Boone and they actually stock alot of size 39s haha, just wanted to say thanks!
No problem, glad you found a good source. Frans Boone does stock perhaps the widest range of sizes. If you do end up purchasing from there and are based in the US, please update to note whether you were hit with customs/fees, and how much.

CookieFlow

Reaction score
Hey !

So I bought my first pair of Achilles low a couple of months ago (women's model in beige), I was really worried about how narrow they were but they stretched out very fast just wearing them inside the house and now feel pretty comfortable but they are still about a half size too long.
I just bought some CP Chelsea boots in the same size 42 but they feel even longer than the CP low and I would say they feel like 3/4 size too long (about the width of a thumb). They were very tight also on the sides but feel better already just wearing them for 10 minutes or so.

Is it normal to not get super close to the toe-box on this model? A 41 in Achilles low doesn't seem possible, but it might be doable for the Chelsea? I don't see many people going down 2 full sizes, I wear a 10 in Nike and 9.5 in Adidas and most people seem to go with a 42 in CP.

And it's kind of a mess since Chelsea boots are selling out in minutes, I would have to wait another season to get them... I really wish they made half sizes. I just don't want to return my 42's, wait x months to buy a 41 and realize they are not wearable and have to wait again to repurchase a 42...

Thanks !

Last edited:

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CookieFlow
yea, CP really needs to make half sizes at this point with all the shoes they are selling

try looking for alternatives that will fit you better.
i know there are quite a few that make chelseas so GL mate.
i came across this brand on instagram but idk if its any good
http://www.orolosangeles.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

CookieFlow

Reaction score
Yeah I might try to give another brand a go or just rock these even though I don't like wearing shoes that are too big :-/ at least it doesn't feel too bad on the foot, I really notice when sneakers are too long but on these boots it's not too noticeable.

sciphiyem

Reaction score
check out Greats. They are kind of CP knock-off designs, but they have half sizes, and are a bit more padded than CP

Last edited:

CookieFlow

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies !
I am not a big fan of buying "secondary" brands, these CP are decently priced compared to SLP and others...
I looked at some Youtube reviews, all of them had quite some room left in the toebox, confirms what you are saying.

I guess that's just the design...

pantheist

Reaction score
Waiting for these blush Achilles to stock somewhere other than End. Sold out in my size quickly.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there an official list of CP colours?

Archiles appear come in an array of off-whites and the stores seem to have different descriptions for the shades of white. there now appears to be a warmer white in the collection.

tjonesd2

Reaction score
The ss16 lookbook shows them all for this season but I am on my phone and can't find the album off Reddit mfa that includes the names. They do have an offwhite that I want bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads