1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior member

It's a combination - the last determines how well a shoes is going to fit your foot, hence the wide variance in widths/volume between the styles. But the lace construction is also going to determine how well the shoe wraps your foot.

In any event, I don't think sizing down with the Achilles would be a good idea. Trying the BBalls or the Retro and possibly sizing down may benefit you but you may just want to try those styles in the same size.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. masshi

masshi Senior member

even without a discount code or anything, is tbs still the cheapest place to get white achilles lows?

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Tbs or gr ailed/eBay/B&S

1 person likes this.
  4. gatormd

gatormd Active Member

what is tbs?

5. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

6. Szeen

Szeen Member

Another BBall low sizing question: if size 41 Achilles fits perfect and a 41 Derby shine feels tight for me, should I still size down for BBall or get a 41? Thanks

7. OccultaVexillum

I would get a 41, derby shines are a dress shoe and stretch like it. I'm a 44 in all 3, they all fit differently obviously but I wouldn't size differently. Achilles are the tightest of the 3, bballs are the loosest.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This. I tried to size down once (on the desert boots), and it was really uncomfortable. The BBalls are roomier than the Achilles, but not anywhere near a full size.

9. whorishconsumer

Like has been commented, sizing down isn't a good option. See my post from a couple pages ago comparing the Achilles and BBalls.

10. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Will be visiting Berlin in the summer. I assume there may be places I could pick up CPs on the cheap (relatively)?

11. Jhericurls

Jhericurls Well-Known Member

Why do you assume they will be cheaper in Germany, the standard Achilles sell for around 330 Euros.

12. whorishconsumer

If you shop at the brick and mortar you're saving shipping and customs and while you're paying the VAT at checkout, you can get a VAT refund on your way out of the country. This is my understanding, at least. Haven't yet tried it for myself.

13. msg

msg Senior member

Anyone know where I can pickup the cadet derby from this past SS in burgundy? Not looking for the shine version.

14. OccultaVexillum

Gr ailed. Didn't you have a pair?

15. msg

msg Senior member

Yeah, there was a dude on there in Europe who was selling a full size run of the burgundy but he never responded to me and took down the listings

16. Jhericurls

Jhericurls Well-Known Member

I'm presuming you are from the US. You can order from an EU website like END, caliroots, tres-bien etc and you wouldn't have to pay VAT or any import duty under $800, some even offer free international shipping.

As a rule of thumb online is cheaper than instore, especially when you use discount code ;)

17. whorishconsumer

Good point. They just bumped the allowance to $800. I'm still suspicious that carriers are going to continue gouging by charging "service" fees and the like. And the shipping rates are still a beast (except maybe End), although discount codes, when applicable, do help.

18. onoudidntgf

onoudidntgf Senior member

Caliroots has a discount code for people shipping to the US also. HELLOUSA takes off 20%

Make sure to put it in when you're checking out. I didn't and they wouldn't put it on after or cancel my order so I could place a new one.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  19. CH03

CH03 Senior member

Just got a pair using this code in conjunction with price match at [PM for site] for $248 [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  20. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

White

Grey

Warm Grey

Off White

Warm White

Vintage White

What's your white?