• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grolubao

Reaction score
Speaking of which. I've seen a few people on youtube post about Common Project alternatives. What would you guys recommend?
Artisan Lab, 100%

You also have Koio or Oliver Cabell, but those are expensive too

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my CPs and I’m all about hating the imitators, but once you start alienating a loyal base with higher pricing as if we’re dumb enough to buy CPs regardless of price, that’s where I say F that. CP Achilles or any similar shoes are not $450+ shoes. They’re just not.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my CPs and I’m all about hating the imitators, but once you start alienating a loyal base with higher pricing as if we’re dumb enough to buy CPs regardless of price, that’s where I say F that. CP Achilles or any similar shoes are not $450+ shoes. They’re just not.
Does anyone really pay retail?
I have a ton of CP; never paid retail on any of them

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone really pay retail?
I have a ton of CP; never paid retail on any of them
Where did you cop? My issue is sizing as I can't try them on, and also I feel like a tool just going to Nordstorm and trying them on and not buying. And I'm in Canada

I"m a size 10 on the brannock device. However, all my sneakers are 10.5 such as Nike, Adidas, Reebok. Only my Chuck 70's I am a 9.5

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you cop? My issue is sizing as I can't try them on, and also I feel like a tool just going to Nordstorm and trying them on and not buying. And I'm in Canada

I"m a size 10 on the brannock device. However, all my sneakers are 10.5 such as Nike, Adidas, Reebok. Only my Chuck 70's I am a 9.5
Mr porter, SSENSE, Notre, etc etc

Bought most of these at 40% off retail

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try the 43 to start

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found these common projects at a thrift yesterday. Only $12, so not complaining, but upon closer inspection, there's cracking around some of the creases.

I'm decently handy when it comes to shoe maintenance. I have terrago white shoe cream on order. I'll see what it does, but I'm guessing I'll need to apply Angelus white acrylic to the worst of the creases?

Do I get matte or regular finish? Do I need the finisher as well ... Or can I just use some shoe cream and maybe some venetian clear over it all?

Don't wanna go nuts buying a bunch of stuff because at some point, I might as well just have bought better examples 😉

Gotta ask though, is cracking common with white leather? I've only seen it on cheap leather with an acrylic finish. I have a pair of absolutely beat to shit Eccos (dark gray) ... No cracks, just creases.
20210330_174211.jpg
20210330_174226.jpg
20210331_170842.jpg

cerizmo

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Common Projects suede styles starting in 2152 versus 2252?

2152 side profile versus 2252 side profile

It looks like a color shade and slight silhouette difference and 2152 has a smaller toebox?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I found these common projects at a thrift yesterday. Only $12, so not complaining, but upon closer inspection, there's cracking around some of the creases.

I'm decently handy when it comes to shoe maintenance. I have terrago white shoe cream on order. I'll see what it does, but I'm guessing I'll need to apply Angelus white acrylic to the worst of the creases?

Do I get matte or regular finish? Do I need the finisher as well ... Or can I just use some shoe cream and maybe some venetian clear over it all?

Don't wanna go nuts buying a bunch of stuff because at some point, I might as well just have bought better examples 😉

Gotta ask though, is cracking common with white leather? I've only seen it on cheap leather with an acrylic finish. I have a pair of absolutely beat to shit Eccos (dark gray) ... No cracks, just creases.
View attachment 1585115View attachment 1585116View attachment 1585117
Nah just wear them - 100% cooler when you see a pair of worn CPs instead of brand new looking shoes. Like first day of high school walking around in fresh white shoes

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.