1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior Member

That's not a bad orange:-D

It's a bit too saturated for my taste tho, a lighter more yellowish shade like hermes orange could be cool, but I've learned my lesson with colored CPs...red achilles high have been sitting on my shelf worn once in the past 2yrs, silver bball 0 in last 2yrs, vintage green maybe 5 times in the past year...love them all but definitely don't need them

2. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

This^. Agree colors are a bit too saturated and that makes them a bit hard to wear. You will end up reaching for something else every time.

If you are a Clemson fan, you may have reason to wear them. If so, go for them. (NB, the saturated colors end up lasting well into sale season when every bottom feeder on Reddit scoops them up).

3. _C350_

_C350_ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. My feet are wide so I better go for a larger size.
    Last thing I want to do is buy a $400 shoes and never wear it.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Just buy Retro Achilles if you have wide feet or are in between sizing.
    Or bballs

5. troika

troika Distinguished Member

Def larger size if you know you have wide feet. Had to learn the hard way on my first 3 pairs

6. _C350_

_C350_ Well-Known Member

I think I like the clean look of the originals

7. _C350_

_C350_ Well-Known Member

will it crease funny if it is a little long in the front

8. troika

troika Distinguished Member

Not really? They're sneakers. If you're really worried go try on a pair of Achilles. Or buy, try, return

Edit: I just realized that I can answer this question specifically. My right foot is a half size smaller than my left. I have to buy the large size for obvious reasons, but you can see this pic and compare creasing. Fwiw I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Screenshot_20190307-205857_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019

9. djan

djan Well-Known Member

The sizing isn't easy. I wore 41 in CPs but realized they are just too long. Ended up selling 4 pairs of them and bought another pair in a size 40. In the beginning size 40 felt narrow width-wise but after some wear fit just fine. I'm definitely 40 in classic Achilles lows.

I wear US8 in Nike Air Force 1 and 40 in Achilles lows (all white and black w/ white sole).

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019

10. Bingale

Bingale Member

Stuck in same boat. 41 too large 40 bit tight width wise but maybe need to wear in leather more. I dont wear em frequently.
    I am a US9 in nike flyknit racers. Anyone in same size as me in both??

I'm tempted in bballs now. Is a 40 in Achilles equivalent to a 40.5 41 in bballs size wise??

11. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior Member

That's true. I was wondering if I should just wait until the end of the season and try to snag them for a nice discount. Maybe I'll hold off on them.

Love my Tigers, so yeah that's why I love the orange ones haha. But, yes, I should probably hold off on them until they hit the discount rack.

My size 40 bballs fit great btw! I'll post a photo later today, but it's good to have these again. I love the bball design - honestly perhaps a little more than the achilles.

Has anyone tried the tan nubuck bballs? I am tempted on those as well.

https://www.fransboonestore.com/col...cts/products/common-projects-bball-nabuck-tan

12. ThePaleKin

ThePaleKin Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out!

13. Viral

Viral Distinguished Member

interesting.........I'm a 8 in Nike as well but take 39 in Achilles.

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

That's like sized down two. That's nuts.

15. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Jeez, I go TTS on Achilles.