1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ThePaleKin

ThePaleKin Well-Known Member

2. ThePaleKin

ThePaleKin Well-Known Member

Tried to just compare three pairs. Achilles and the 2124 and 1842 BBalls.

The 2124 are a size 41.
    The 1842 a size 40.
    Achilles are a size 41.

On the shot of all three from above they all look the same size which is how they look in real life. The penultimate wearing shot also shows them looking the same...

So I was surprised that sole to sole the 1842 does look longer.

I think it's partially to do with the padding in the 2128. Tongue and sizes feel much puffier while the 1842 is just flat leather lie the Achilles.

I also tried to capture just how much deeper the inner sole is on the 2128.

Hope that helps someone and let me know if you need more specific measurements etc.

3. josepidal

josepidal Distinguished Member

I have a bizarre problem with Common Projects.

I own several in various colors, in Achilles Mids, Achilles Lows and Desert Boots. These have all fit nicely for me over the last few years. I wear TTS and have pretty wide feet.

I tried the warm gray Chelsea Boots in the exact same size as all my other CPs, and it felt too tight, like it was pressing hard against the top of the arch of my foot. I was wondering if the boots will stretch out and I should break in a TTS pair, but am wary of just destroying a pricey boot.

Anyone have any advice on this?

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

The standard crepe sole Chelsea is the only paid I’ve ever had to wear a different size in.
    I’m a US12, wear a 44 in all common projects (multiple Achilles, b-ball’s, derbies,m, all the Geller collabs), but had to size up to a 45 in the Chelsea. I owned 44s for about 6 months and they never got more comfortable. But in the 45s I still had to use an insole to eat some space and stop the heel slipping.

5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

Interesting....I'm pretty much the same size in all the shoes you are but I got a 44 in my CP chelsea and after wearing for a while I feel I could have gone down a 1/2 size if they made them. I have a narrow foot so that's probably why.

6. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

I went down a full size and they fit like a glove. I have narrow feet as well.

7. OccultaVexillum

I have normal feet, closer to narrow than wide though. But i do have long ass toes.

8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

9. josepidal

josepidal Distinguished Member

If you have wide feet, would you try wearing your size and see if the leather stretches? Or just accept that some models are not for you?

10. OccultaVexillum

I would Accept it. Especially in the case of the Chelsea’s. There are many better Chelsea’s out there. I ended up selling mine anyway.

11. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

Agreed. I’m going to use my CP Chelseas as beaters. I just grabbed a pair of SLP Chelsea boots in suede wood color. Scored on sale at a killer price, which is surprising for these. They are fire. I’ll try to take care of ‘em but will still wear the heck out of ‘em.

12. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

I bought this exact same wood color SLP Chelsea today and I’m pretty happy with them. I got them instead of the CP Chelsea’s in the warm grey color.

13. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

14. tonicab

tonicab Senior Member

@Maximus6 maybe they are blush, no pink. It looks like snuff suede in pics. If you buy them show pics please.

15. pg600rr

pg600rr Distinguished Member

Looking to pick up a second pair of chelsea's, have the 'sand' colorway now, anyone own any of the other colors? one get more use than the other? been looking at tobacco, olive, and taupe...olive seems to be the easiest to find