• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ yeah it looks like yours have taken quite a bit more of a beating. Love them. I might legitimately let mine live the end of their life as my full time skate shoe. Anyone here have the Achilles Low in the black suede? maybe my favorite make up by them

Crossbones

Reaction score
No better feeling than whipping out a fresh new pair of CPs after your current ones have worn out.

Probably the only shoe brand where I have repeatedly bought the same shoe after they wore out.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No better feeling than whipping out a fresh new pair of CPs after your current ones have worn out.

Probably the only shoe brand where I have repeatedly bought the same shoe after they wore out.
100%

SimModa

Reaction score
How do the Bball compare to the achilles? For reference, I wear a 40 EU in the achilles and 8-8.5 in Nikes. Albeit the 40 EU is a little lengthy in toe room, the 39 EU was a little too tight in width. I can easily slide a thumb by the heel if I slide my foot forward. Stick to a 40 EU or get a 39 EU in the CP Bball low?

rexet

Reaction score
What are the differences between the BBall 2128 and 2155 ?

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
How do the Bball compare to the achilles? For reference, I wear a 40 EU in the achilles and 8-8.5 in Nikes. Albeit the 40 EU is a little lengthy in toe room, the 39 EU was a little too tight in width. I can easily slide a thumb by the heel if I slide my foot forward. Stick to a 40 EU or get a 39 EU in the CP Bball low?

Depends which model but assuming it's the 2128 or 2155 I'd go for your Achilles size

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
What are the differences between the BBall 2128 and 2155 ?

The 2128 is from 2017 and the 2155 is from 2018.

The most obvious difference is the rear chevron - a separate leather piece in the 2128 and only stitching in the 2155. See image.

In my experience the 2155 has a little more padding and is a slightly tighter fit.
chevron.jpg

rexet

Reaction score
I could have not expected a better answer.
I currently own the 2128 and I love them so much I plan to purchase a second pair as backup.
I found the 2155 at a decent price and this is the reason I wanted to know what to expect.
Thank you very much ThePaleKing.

Last edited:

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
I could have not expected a better answer.
I currently own a 2128 pair and I love them so much I plan to purchase a second pair as backup.
I found a pair of 2155 at a decent price and this is the reason I wanted to know what to expect.
Thank you very much ThePaleKing.

Happy to help

gibsonles

Reaction score
Any folks in Paris at the moment? Check out Le Bon Marche. Many CPs on sale for 100 euros. Picked up multiple Achilles lows here :)

bencap

Reaction score
Any folks in Paris at the moment? Check out Le Bon Marche. Many CPs on sale for 100 euros. Picked up multiple Achilles lows here :)

I've been meaning to head to Paris to see some friends and the Gio Ponti exhibit at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs. 100 euro CP's might get me to go much sooner than expected. Is it very limited stock, or do they have a decent amount of sizes/styles in stock?

rexet

Reaction score
Thx for the tip. I will get there after lunch to see what's left :)

gibsonles

Reaction score
I've been meaning to head to Paris to see some friends and the Gio Ponti exhibit at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs. 100 euro CP's might get me to go much sooner than expected. Is it very limited stock, or do they have a decent amount of sizes/styles in stock?

They had a near FSR of the Achilles in light tan with the white sole. A few sizes of white perforated Achilles. Scattered sizes of blue, maroon, black and grey Achilles in suede / leather. Black loafers and brown Derby’s (both in football leather).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads