1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

Just wanted to give a big shout out to common projects and tbs.
    I picked up a pair of black derbies last year and the leather was starting to peel after around 10 wears. Sent an email to common projects to see how this issue could be fixed and they told me to send them back for a replacement pair from this season.
    tbs covered all shipping :Dcosts

1 person likes this.
  2. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

the toebox on the white vintage achilles I got a few weeks ago feels bigger than my vintage suedes from last year, I guess because it doesn't have similar padding. How much space do you guys prefer in the toe area? Have about a thumb of space length-wise but lots more in the width

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Do any of you guys treat your achilles with a leather protector? Or just wear them straight of the box?
    I got 2 pairs (black mids and black lows) that I haven't had a chance to wear yet and now that there's snow everywhere I've been sticking to my beaters and boots for the most part.

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

It rains a lot where I live so I'll just put some conditioner on them from time to time just so the leather stays soft. Seems to work fine.

Anyone pick up the training boots? How's the leather quality?

5. redzero

redzero Active Member

For someone whose feet are wide enough to have to wear a 13US, but not wide enough for a 13E, should I size down to 45 or go TTS? I asked on /fa/ and popular opinion was to size down.

6. cloud5

cloud5 Active Member

Does anybody have any experience with the derbies? Do they really fit as big as they are said to be? Should I size down 1?

7. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

I never apply conditioner. IMO leather sneakers look best when they become worn in. They are not dress shoes.

8. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Completely, I agree. It's mostly to keep them from drying out it's like a constant shower where I live. But yeah the more beat in the better

9. 89andy

89andy Senior member

really want to grab the burgundy derbies but torn on the sizing. I wear size 42 achilles but they are big ( half a size i'd say ). Someone on this thread said they fit slightly tighter, while another who posted it up for sale say they fit even a size larger than achilles! Someone give me a definative anwer please :slayer:

10. RK10

RK10 Member

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy the low achilles CP and I am, as most other buying CP for the first time, seriously in doubt about the size.
    The sneakers I have that are fitting the best are both US 7.5, while I have a pair of CDG x Converse in a size 39 and they are a bit snug.
    But wouldn't a 39 in CP be the best for me? I believe I have normal to narrow feet width.

Thanks

11. redzero

redzero Active Member

Okay, these run large. I was scared at first when seeing how small my lows looked compared to my Nikes, but then I put them on and the fit. They are highly cushioned and very sleek.

12. OccultaVexillum

You don't find that just leaving them to their own devices creates more cracking though? I live in central NY where there's a lot of snow and moisture and salt in the winter. I'm just wondering if the salt will just deteriorate them quicker.
    I mean, I agree they look better worn in, but there's a difference between "worn-in" and "trashed".

For those that use conditioner, can I ask what kind/brand?

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Lexol works fine

14. London

London Senior member

I wouldn't wear CP's with salt and snow. that's what boots are for

15. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

^

Sneakers are meant to be worn and then disposed of. They're not like boots where you can resole them.

16. London

London Senior member

not when you're paying $300 and up. I live in NYC and when it's nasty outside, the CP's aren't worn

17. OccultaVexillum

What if you only paid $190? ha.

I know what you're saying though, if the weather is truly shitty I will just wear some beaters, but even when you think everything's fine you might get stuck out in snow and find yourself somewhere that hasn't been plowed/shovelled. I'm not the type of person who is just gonna throw a pair in the back of the closet for 6 months, I still want to wear them, so if there are steps that can be taken to slow down deterioration then I will take those steps.

18. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Well then! A shoe cleaning kit may be of assistance to you.

Just buy a cleaner, brush, some cloth, conditioner and maybe one of those "invisible guards" (resistant to water and stains).

19. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

second lexol stuff is perfect for northwest weather.

20. nomalas

nomalas Member

CP run slightly big, so a 39 should be perfect for you.