• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
They're finally doing a lug sole derby. Very good news!

9000_013664_090_commonprojects_003_02.1531219912.jpg

substitute

Awesome! Looks slightly wider than derby shines too? And not in the same plasticky leather. Would be great if that was the case, pretty much a dries derby

Jaaahhhnnn

Reaction score
What other shoes do you guys have in rotation besides your common projects? I have my Nike Cortez in the Forrest Gump colors (I have 3 since I beat them a lot), Dr. Martens 3989 in the cherry smooth color way, Vans Vault checkerboard slip-on, Clarks desert boot, and of course my common projects retro.

CalabasasJR

Reaction score
What other shoes do you guys have in rotation besides your common projects? I have my Nike Cortez in the Forrest Gump colors (I have 3 since I beat them a lot), Dr. Martens 3989 in the cherry smooth color way, Vans Vault checkerboard slip-on, Clarks desert boot, and of course my common projects retro.

I have mine Antique Rose CP Achilles, Raf Stans white/navy colorway and Calabasas JR black sneakers for everyday use - defo thinking about getting black achilles lows for everyday use. Sometimes I also wear my Chelsea's (brown suede) that I bought few years ago in a mall for like 60-70$ and Chukka's from Massimo Dutti.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome! Looks slightly wider than derby shines too? And not in the same plasticky leather. Would be great if that was the case, pretty much a dries derby

Ya, look like a pretty good stand-in for some Dries derbies.
I'm not sure if the leather is better/worse though.
Only place I've seen them so far is at Braun, who also have them in brown leather.

They may be too redundant with my actual Dries derbies but if they are made in a black suede or maybe even burgundy leather i'll probably kop

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got new pair of achilles. First new pair after 1.5 year I think. I went up 1 size because of all the talk how they changed sizing and I can say it's not true. Sizing is still the same as it was before. So if anyone is interested in Brand new Original white achilles in 44 for $290 shipped invoiced hit me up.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Ya, look like a pretty good stand-in for some Dries derbies.
I'm not sure if the leather is better/worse though.
Only place I've seen them so far is at Braun, who also have them in brown leather.

They may be too redundant with my actual Dries derbies but if they are made in a black suede or maybe even burgundy leather i'll probably kop

Hah I’d go for the black ones as my dries are burgundy. Suede would be cool too but now thinking about it i dont remember ever seeing commando sole derbies in suede by anyone.

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Summer rotation: CP's, Needles, Vans slip-ons

KenRose

Reaction score
Not sure if I've made a mistake or not. I have some white achilles low and bought a new pair last week, the Standard Grey (7543). What do most people here choose as their second pair of Achilles? Not sure if I should have chosen maybe a darker color.

Crossbones

Reaction score
Not sure if I've made a mistake or not. I have some white achilles low and bought a new pair last week, the Standard Grey (7543). What do most people here choose as their second pair of Achilles? Not sure if I should have chosen maybe a darker color.

Those were my 2nd pair and I loved it. Probably my favourite cw of the achilles. My next was the classic black leather with white soles

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why not try a new silhouette?

on another note, anybody wanna try talking me out of getting a pair of bball lows?

really don't need more shoes, but it's a model that's been growing on me recently

Last edited:

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
personally i find nike air force 1s really comfortable hence i never really bothered with the Common Projects BB lows.

however converse which CP achilles is based on doesn't really go well with my feet.

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys use to clean your (leather) CPs? I have some Jason Markk wipes but I don't find that they do a very good job

KenRose

Reaction score
Those were my 2nd pair and I loved it. Probably my favourite cw of the achilles. My next was the classic black leather with white soles

Thanks for the feedback. Were they your favorite because they different than white? Or just that you really liked the color? What do you wear them with? I'm assuming jeans and darker pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads