• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey, so i actually wore the track sneakers out for the first time yesterday (when i wrote that other post up, i had only briefly walked around the apartment in them)

they're actually kind of roomy (had ever the slightest bit of heel slip, though this could've been due to me wearing thin no-show socks), though due to the width i can't imagine sizing down

definitely a looser (but not so much so) fit than the achilles low ime
Can you snap o picture on foot?

I think they'd look better in the darker colour (black or navy) but I am curious how the lighter ones look when worn.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

these obviously aren't me, but there are a couple

the mr. porter link in my other post has some on-foot pics as well

or if you really want to see my own pics, I can do that, but it won't be for a while

Junyar

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm typically size 9 (UK) in most shoes and find size UK 9/ EU 43 Achilles to be ideal. Back in 2009, I remember trying on the CP safari boot in sz 42 and found it to be too snug and have been wearing sz 43 in all CP's ever since.

There's a thumbs width of space between the end of my longest toe and the front of the toe box (which seems to be recommended).

To all the people sizing down who are crushing their feet, be careful that you don't end up with Ingrown toenails, hammer toe, crossover toe or any other foot problem out there.

Agreed. I'm typically size 9 (UK) in most shoes and find size UK 9/ EU 43 Achilles to be ideal. Back in 2009, I remember trying on the CP safari boot in sz 42 and found it to be too snug and have been wearing sz 43 in all CP's ever since.

There's a thumbs width of space between the end of my longest toe and the front of the toe box (which seems to be recommended).

To all the people sizing down who are crushing their feet, be careful that you don't end up with Ingrown toenails, hammer toe, crossover toe or any other foot problem out there.

Ok I spoke too soon!

My feet are narrow so I decided to try size 41 Achilles for a snug fit (attached pic).

For reference, I wear;

-Vans old skool sz 9.5 US (snug fit)
-Clarke’s Desert Boot sz 9.5 US (snug)
-Chucks 8.5 US (snug fit)
-Nike Spiridon Sz 10 US (perfect tts fit)
-Adidas Ultraboost sz 10 US (perfect fit)

View attachment 864298

7E18A525-E82C-4B98-90A5-BAA4CC5F4CED.jpeg

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I spoke too soon.
I typically wear converse size 8.5 (snug fit) so I decided to try Achilles in size 41. I and they are extremely tight.

Ok I spoke too soon!

My feet are narrow so I decided to try size 41 Achilles for a snug fit (attached pic).

For reference, I wear;

-Vans old skool sz 9.5 US (snug fit)
-Clarke’s Desert Boot sz 9.5 US (snug)
-Chucks 8.5 US (snug fit)
-Nike Spiridon Sz 10 US (perfect tts fit)
-Adidas Ultraboost sz 10 US (perfect fit)

View attachment 864298
Wow that’s crazy! I wear a 41 and am 1-1.5 sizes smaller in all the brands you listed. Really just shows you absolutely need to try them on.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for replacement pair of Achilles in either white, grey or black in size 42. Any deals to be have?

Thanks

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for replacement pair of Achilles in either white, grey or black in size 42. Any deals to be have?

Thanks

Playground. There is a 25% off code. Comes out to $300 more or less. They even have white. Just got myself a pair of nudes.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think it's posted on their website but posted it in the sales thread yesterday (it was a long set of letters and numbers so I don't remember it off the top of my head)

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s a good source for replacement laces for the CP derby?

aglagl

Reaction score
Question: has common projects sizing changed at all during the years? I'm looking at buying a pair of grey perfs (from like 2014?) from a guy and he says they're a size 42, 290mm. That seems to be about the size of the current 2017 size 41 based on an informal measurement. Does this make sense to anyone? Can anyone weigh in on if sizing has changed over the years?

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: has common projects sizing changed at all during the years? I'm looking at buying a pair of grey perfs (from like 2014?) from a guy and he says they're a size 42, 290mm. That seems to be about the size of the current 2017 size 41 based on an informal measurement. Does this make sense to anyone? Can anyone weigh in on if sizing has changed over the years?
While i don’t have any concrete evidence, i can tell you that a size 40 in Achilles used to be too small for me 3-4 years ago. I just went into Nordstrom yesterday and tried on a pair of 40’s just for fun since my Mint 41’s feel a little loose, and what do you know, they fit perfectly. I doubt my feet have gotten smaller. So in my personal experience I’d say it has in fact changed slightly.

conqueror

Reaction score

no. i bought my first pair of achilles in 2010 and my most recent pair in 2016. both fit the same. i guess it's possible there is some minor variation between colours as both of my pairs were mono black.

chaney1

Reaction score
Not sure if allowed to post this in here, if not ill remove...

But I have a pair of BNIB achilles low sz. 43 black leather/white bottom fs. 330 shipped OBO, pm me...

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dang, would kop if 46/47. Black leather white bottom is so good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads