• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NXNW

Reaction score
Let us know what you think. Waiting for the waxed suede tracks to go on sale myself and I've not found much info on them this year.

Szeen

Reaction score
I have a pair of brand new Common Projects Slip On Leather Black in size 41 for sale. Looking for $320 USD. (I am located in Toronto, Canada.)

noobedloser

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of used khaki Chelsea boots and had some questions. Does anyone know if CP will change insoles for a certain price?
Anyone know of any good cobblers to clean the entire shoe in the OC/LA area?
Has anyone replaced the soles, if so what did you replace it with?

Sorry for the spam but the help is greatly appreciated

Crossbones

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of used khaki Chelsea boots and had some questions. Does anyone know if CP will change insoles for a certain price?
Anyone know of any good cobblers to clean the entire shoe in the OC/LA area?
Has anyone replaced the soles, if so what did you replace it with?

Sorry for the spam but the help is greatly appreciated

CP will definitely not change insoles. As someone once said, their customer service is even more minimalist than their designs.

I would recommend going to a reputable cobbler and ask what they can do. When I took my pair to a cobbler to get them stretched I asked if they could resole, said they could do it but they didn't have the same sole material.

brill

Reaction score
Couple of Nordstrom racks have the Achilles lows for discounted prices.

IMG_20171018_162602946.jpg

IMG_20171018_162615253.jpg

brill

Reaction score
Didn't check around to see sizes. Frankly, I was surprised to see them and in my size at that. Quickly checked out with them.

brill

Reaction score
They had black high tops the other day but when I went back those were gone

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, so i received my track sneakers the other day:

SLJDF9n.jpg

eh1BEGM.jpg

some notes for the curious (since there's like nothing on this silhouette at all online):

- got them from tres bien for $348 shipped during their footwear promo (has since expired; anybody who watches the official sales alert thread should've seen it, though)

- went with my usual size 40 in common projects (i'm a tts us 8 with normal-ish width feet; for reference, i can wear cp chelseas in a 40 - the same size as my achilles low size - though they are a bit narrow, but obviously not so much so to where i can't wear them at all)

the fit on the track sneakers is pretty spot-on and comfortable - they're neither especially narrow nor wide

can't see any reason for (most) people to size outside of what they usually wear in the brand

- wish the real-life color of the shoes looked like how they do on tres bien's site

unfortunately, mr. porter's product images are what they really look like (the overcast daylight in my pics is kind of washing out the grey; mr. p's images are much truer to what they look like irl)

i think i'll be keeping them regardless, but i don't think anybody would disagree with the monotonal off-white look in tres bien's pics looking waaaay cooler

- they're alright comfort-wise - nothing particularly amazing at all (basically, they're track sneakers in appearance only)

seeing as the top of the toe box is made from mesh, though, you won't get that annoying hard leather creasing onto the knuckles of your toes that comes from breaking in a pair of leather cp's

however, the nubuck that lines the edge of the toe box is surprisingly tough/rigid, and doesn't have as much give as you'd expect it to

- really can't comment on the quality of the shoe overall, since i know nothing of "finer" leathers/materials

i can say, though, that the all-white sole picks up dust/lint really easily, and my pair came with a few marks on the sole and on the nubuck in a few areas

---

overall, i think it's a cool-looking shoe

i love how the chunky sole offsets the otherwise very plain-looking upper portion

the lines along the sole are also especially cool, and also help to offset the plain-ness and give the shoe a bit of "edge"

as i said, i'll probably be keeping them, though i'll be hella pissed if another colorway that more closely resembles what's shown on tres bien ever comes out lol

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any sources for replacement laces for the derbys? Have the burgundy derby and the laces snapped.

blue2007

Reaction score
When do the sales usually kick off? Early November? Need a Tobacco Chelsea.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, so i actually wore the track sneakers out for the first time yesterday (when i wrote that other post up, i had only briefly walked around the apartment in them)

they're actually kind of roomy (had ever the slightest bit of heel slip, though this could've been due to me wearing thin no-show socks), though due to the width i can't imagine sizing down

definitely a looser (but not so much so) fit than the achilles low ime

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads