Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. masshi

masshi Senior member

anyone?

about to order a pair

2. NXNW

NXNW Senior member

Let us know what you think. Waiting for the waxed suede tracks to go on sale myself and I've not found much info on them this year.

3. Szeen

Szeen Member

I have a pair of brand new Common Projects Slip On Leather Black in size 41 for sale. Looking for $320 USD. (I am located in Toronto, Canada.)

4. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Just bought a pair of used khaki Chelsea boots and had some questions. Does anyone know if CP will change insoles for a certain price?
    Anyone know of any good cobblers to clean the entire shoe in the OC/LA area?
    Has anyone replaced the soles, if so what did you replace it with?

Sorry for the spam but the help is greatly appreciated

5. Crossbones

Crossbones Well-Known Member

CP will definitely not change insoles. As someone once said, their customer service is even more minimalist than their designs.

I would recommend going to a reputable cobbler and ask what they can do. When I took my pair to a cobbler to get them stretched I asked if they could resole, said they could do it but they didn't have the same sole material.

6. brill

brill Active Member

Couple of Nordstrom racks have the Achilles lows for discounted prices.

IMG_20171018_162602946.jpg

IMG_20171018_162615253.jpg

7. Crossbones

Crossbones Well-Known Member

Damn, thats like hitting a mini lottery. I would scoop up all the pairs I could.

Any 43s? lol

8. brill

brill Active Member

Didn't check around to see sizes. Frankly, I was surprised to see them and in my size at that. Quickly checked out with them.

9. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

10. brill

brill Active Member

Light grey, Nordstrom rack in downtown Washington DC.

11. brill

brill Active Member

They had black high tops the other day but when I went back those were gone

12. masshi

masshi Senior member

hey, so i received my track sneakers the other day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some notes for the curious (since there's like nothing on this silhouette at all online):

- got them from tres bien for $348 shipped during their footwear promo (has since expired; anybody who watches the official sales alert thread should've seen it, though)

- went with my usual size 40 in common projects (i'm a tts us 8 with normal-ish width feet; for reference, i can wear cp chelseas in a 40 - the same size as my achilles low size - though they are a bit narrow, but obviously not so much so to where i can't wear them at all)

the fit on the track sneakers is pretty spot-on and comfortable - they're neither especially narrow nor wide

can't see any reason for (most) people to size outside of what they usually wear in the brand

- wish the real-life color of the shoes looked like how they do on tres bien's site

unfortunately, mr. porter's product images are what they really look like (the overcast daylight in my pics is kind of washing out the grey; mr. p's images are much truer to what they look like irl)

i think i'll be keeping them regardless, but i don't think anybody would disagree with the monotonal off-white look in tres bien's pics looking waaaay cooler

- they're alright comfort-wise - nothing particularly amazing at all (basically, they're track sneakers in appearance only)

seeing as the top of the toe box is made from mesh, though, you won't get that annoying hard leather creasing onto the knuckles of your toes that comes from breaking in a pair of leather cp's

however, the nubuck that lines the edge of the toe box is surprisingly tough/rigid, and doesn't have as much give as you'd expect it to

- really can't comment on the quality of the shoe overall, since i know nothing of "finer" leathers/materials

i can say, though, that the all-white sole picks up dust/lint really easily, and my pair came with a few marks on the sole and on the nubuck in a few areas

---

overall, i think it's a cool-looking shoe

i love how the chunky sole offsets the otherwise very plain-looking upper portion

the lines along the sole are also especially cool, and also help to offset the plain-ness and give the shoe a bit of "edge"

as i said, i'll probably be keeping them, though i'll be hella pissed if another colorway that more closely resembles what's shown on tres bien ever comes out lol