• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Theshape

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm 5'11'' and wear US 12 and he's 6' and wears US 10. I want to show him this thread and convince him he won't look like a clown in 43s

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm 5'11'' and wear US 12 and he's 6' and wears US 10. I want to show him this thread and convince him he won't look like a clown in 43s
If he has wide feet he'll need the 43. If they are too long he could also try insoles or thick socks. It might help.

PS you're a good friend, how do I get a friend like you?

Mujib

Reaction score
I'm sorta new to these sneakers. I've been looking at the brown and the white Achilles (and the Buttero Tanino). Do these go on sale often? If so, where should I look?

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorta new to these sneakers. I've been looking at the brown and the white Achilles (and the Buttero Tanino). Do these go on sale often? If so, where should I look?

The standard white low achilles rarely go on deep discount. You can pick them up for 20% off on some sales. The seasonal line all goes on sale when the seasonal sales happen (June for S/SS Nov/Dec for F/W).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the winter combats in a 44 outside of Ssense?
It seems like they weren't picked up by many stores, unless Ssense just got their shipment early.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully cleaned suede CPs? I always brush them with a suede brush every week or so, but in the past I've felt that cleaners like Jason Markk just distort the look of suede to some extent.

I'll probably put my Tobacco Chelseas away for winter in the next month or two, but wondering if I should try cleaning them?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully cleaned suede CPs? I always brush them with a suede brush every week or so, but in the past I've felt that cleaners like Jason Markk just distort the look of suede to some extent.

I'll probably put my Tobacco Chelseas away for winter in the next month or two, but wondering if I should try cleaning them?

use regular suede cleaner. I wouldn't use Jason Markk on them

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Use a suede eraser.

Crossbones

Reaction score

I use a suede eraser and a suede brush to clean my suede CP chelseas. I have used Jason Markk on my suede Lanvin's to clean them and they have turned out fine though.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do use a suede eraser + brush, but was looking to do a deep clean for the whole shoe.

Maybe I'll see what the Hanger Project sells, else I'll just use Jason Markk.

Crossbones

Reaction score
Yeah, I do use a suede eraser + brush, but was looking to do a deep clean for the whole shoe.

Maybe I'll see what the Hanger Project sells, else I'll just use Jason Markk.

I've heard of people using suede shampoo (Saphir I think is the brand) and that has worked well in the past. I'm sure a quick google search or maybe in reddit and you can find a few examples.

tehfangs

Reaction score

The standard white low achilles rarely go on deep discount. You can pick them up for 20% off on some sales. The seasonal line all goes on sale when the seasonal sales happen (June for S/SS Nov/Dec for F/W).

Yeah the white low achilles rarely go on sales and even if so, it might be hard to find your size. If it helps or makes you feel any better, I bought my whites for full price and for me it was worth every dollar. I am wearing them right now.

childsplay

Reaction score
if youre patient and on the prowl, whites can be had for a decent price. i stocked up on two pairs of whites when gilt had them for $100 way back when. I actually scooped up a pair for my lady for $200 a couple months ago. Some european site had em on clearance, and i price matched with revolve/fwrd. just keep your eyes peeled during sale seasons

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads