• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darn

Reaction score
Does anybody know where i can get a hold of the 1851 0241 model in a size 41? Europe is preferred.

tehfangs

Reaction score
These are basically just suede chelseas in tan or something like that - you can get something pretty similar on mrporter or most places - I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in colours as they are all more or less like a camel/tan colour. (I actually just checked my code and they are what you're after, though in a size 40).

https://www.mrporter.com/en-au/mens/common_projects/suede-chelsea-boots/819784?ppv=2

Will that do?

Darn

Reaction score
Have you compared your 0241 with the 1302 colorway? The ones i saw at a store were super bright and not really my taste, compared to the 0241, but alas photos can trick one.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have a pair of Achilles Mids in Black, size 44 - model 1529. I am planning to return them to the retailer, but checking interest here as I'd rather save the international shipping. $220 shipped US. If no one bites in the next day or so, they're going back. Brand new in box.

Going once.

tehfangs

Reaction score

Have you compared your 0241 with the 1302 colorway? The ones i saw at a store were super bright and not really my taste, compared to the 0241, but alas photos can trick one.

Hmm here is a quick photo but the lighting isn't so good.

I will do it again tomorrow when the light is a bit more natural.

This photo below is an old one with white shoes in the front, that may help compare colour when they were a little newer.

Darn

Reaction score
Dig the photos man! Need to get a pair of them, definitely darker shade than the 1302

dl123

Reaction score
hey guys, I have a pair of CP Chelseas in sz 44. I am typically a US 12 in Nike/Adidas. I followed the size-down rule.

Length-wise, they are great, heaps of room at the top edge of the shoe, however, they are quite tight and somewhat uncomfortable. Has anyone been in this scenario? Have they become more comfortable with wear?

I wore them for a little bit around the house and the crepe sole is already black! I doubt I'll be able to return..

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am also a US12, I have a pair of chelseas in a 44 and a pair in 45.
I need an insole for the 45's but they were comfortable right away. The 44's stretched enough to be comfortable but will always be snug, the fact the suede is fairly unstructured means it's fine though, it's not uncomfortable at all.

dl123

Reaction score
I am also a US12, I have a pair of chelseas in a 44 and a pair in 45.
I need an insole for the 45's but they were comfortable right away. The 44's stretched enough to be comfortable but will always be snug, the fact the suede is fairly unstructured means it's fine though, it's not uncomfortable at all.

Thanks! If you had the option of going 45 or 44 on your next pair, which would you go?

hobojones

Reaction score
Got the Achilles retros in in all white sz 43 recently (picked up from END for $230 shipped) and they're the best fit I've had in Common Projects. I owned a pair of Achilles in 2010 in size 44 and they were a tad long but I have wide feet. I've also owned a pair of BBall Hi's in size 43 and they felt a touch too short lol. I kept and wore them all, but the bball's never made it into my rotation as much as I wanted them to, and now I think they're sitting in my parent's house in a box somewhere.

But the retros are awesome fit-wise. Perfect for me. I have to say that the leather quality has gone down though. They are nowhere near as buttery soft as they were 5-6 years back. This pair that I just picked up felt a lot like my Svenssons (which is what I was wearing in the gap between my first pair of Achilles and this new pair). Leather is OK, but not impressive. Also, though the Svenssons and CP use the Margom sole, they had different patterns on the bottom of the sole (straight lines for CP, and wavy for Svensson).

Ok this is a fairly autistic post, just wanted to get some random thoughts out there regarding my experience with Common Projects.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are slip-ons still cool? i've wanted a pair for years, but never got around to it, ended up always buying achilles. what do you guys think?

Hype1234

Reaction score
I bought white slip ones and returned em. Leather seemed cheap and profile was too chunky for my liking.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
h58ace2e984eed.jpg

anybody else seen these?

http://needsupply.com/tournament-four-hole-in-leather-in-white.html

i remember really wanting a cp knock-off of the vans authentic back in the day, but now that they've actually done it (in leather, anyway; i think in the past they've used different materials), i'm not so sure anymore

sole is a little too thick, and i'm a lot more conservative with my money nowadays

ebayhtl

Reaction score
are slip-ons still cool? i've wanted a pair for years, but never got around to it, ended up always buying achilles. what do you guys think?
I'm about to sell my slip ons - I bet they work for some people, but while they are reasonable qualities, they gave me an overall meh feel. Also found them more uncomfortable than Achilles Retro, and sole is a bit thick. YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads