• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread

blacktaro

Reaction score

looks like military surplus

Thanks for following up. It was from the Lanvin H&M collection few years ago. It wasnt appealing to me back then since I was into cropped coats. But now I've grown up and feel like knee length coat suit my frame better so I was looking for one.

Would you guys consider this coat as a wadrobe staple, that could be dress up or down (with suit or with jeans & thich knitwear)? I understand it's no where near crombie quality but I can get it for pretty cheap <$100.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some inspiration..

Last edited:

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
46ce3f57ab19e36b91ed60dda430c510.jpg

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have one like that except it is in a green tweed. The cape is lined in a plaid flannel.

Back in my youth the J. Press store off Madison had one on display.
My guess is that it was a sample item for their Bespoke operation.
Where did you get yours?

Last edited:

MilitaryVintage

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen
If you are interested in coats (and military coats in particular) i would like to interest you vintage military coats i have for sale. They are all unworn and in perfect condition.

dan'l

Reaction score
Now that winter is just around the corner, you guys have any updates? This thread has been quiet and I'm looking for inspiration!

hirschlederne

Reaction score

Now that winter is just around the corner, you guys have any updates? This thread has been quiet and I'm looking for inspiration!

I have an overcoat that's being made up right now but it's neither classic nor very warm. :(

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just discovered this thread and, even if slightly off season right now, it deserves a bump in view of the winters to come

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Looking to get some feedback and second opinions on this overcoat. This is my first foray into the world of longer coats. It's made from a Magee tweed (the same one used for last year's Ring Jacket raglan coat).

I had the coat hemmed by about 4 or 5 inches, because with the original length, the coat was brushing against my shins and calves, and thought I might be entering old man territory. Also had it taken in slightly in the body, as it was very roomy.

Thoughts?

IMG_2730.jpg
IMG_2741.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2760.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads