• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Louis D

Reaction score
Thanks. On that note, has anyone here got the Braided Piping biker in a size 44, or know of a Celine store or outlet carrying it? I've no Celine store in my city, and I've checked eBay & Grilled to no avail thus far.

Randeep

Reaction score
Guys, I'm torn... What pair shall I get?

Both are too dainty looking for me personally, but if they weren't definitely the harness version, looks so slick if dressed up the right way.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harness boots aren't my thing but those are nice, cooler than the Wyatt version for me.

Randeep

Reaction score
Managed to purchase the last sz43 khaki green Chelsea camargue boots @ 40% off, from the Celine Germany website with the help of a friend. Sale is active on the EU website -- incredibly annoying how it isn't available on the UK website and that the subsequent sale is only going to start in store on the 26th.

Popped into Bond Street yesterday to be sure I wanted them. Was already eyeing them up previously after seeing how nice they looked on the boot review blog 'dasbootblog' on Instagram (great page, highly recommend following if you've a boot fetish) - I like how the shade changes substantially depending on lighting. These will work for me as well as though they have the pointier toe (which for me is a bit too effete for my personal style), it is offset by the thicker sole. Also happy with the width of the shaft that manages to fill out nicely the hem of my (by most peoples standards) skinny fw13 jeans that have a hem width of 14.5-15cm. I was concerned the shaft would be too skinny/hem wouldn't wrap nicely. So really looking forward to receiving these -- these'll be my first fashion boot that isn't set on the SL wyatt last!

Couple of pictures I had taken yesterday in store:

IMG_7980.jpg
IMG_7982.jpg

And several more shots from dasbootblog's instagram that highlights the shape/colour in different lighting a little better:

dasbootblog1.jpeg
dasbootblog2.jpeg
dasbootblog3.jpeg

Bill H

Reaction score
Managed to purchase the last sz43 khaki green Chelsea camargue boots @ 40% off, from the Celine Germany website with the help of a friend. Sale is active on the EU website -- incredibly annoying how it isn't available on the UK website and that the subsequent sale is only going to start in store on the 26th.

Popped into Bond Street yesterday to be sure I wanted them. Was already eyeing them up previously after seeing how nice they looked on the boot review blog 'dasbootblog' on Instagram (great page, highly recommend following if you've a boot fetish) - I like how the shade changes substantially depending on lighting. These will work for me as well as though they have the pointier toe (which for me is a bit too effete for my personal style), it is offset by the thicker sole. Also happy with the width of the shaft that manages to fill out nicely the hem of my (by most peoples standards) skinny fw13 jeans that have a hem width of 14.5-15cm. I was concerned the shaft would be too skinny/hem wouldn't wrap nicely. So really looking forward to receiving these -- these'll be my first fashion boot that isn't set on the SL wyatt last!

Couple of pictures I had taken yesterday in store:

View attachment 1296926 View attachment 1296927

And several more shots from dasbootblog's instagram that highlights the shape/colour in different lighting a little better:

View attachment 1296928 View attachment 1296929 View attachment 1296930
Bro looks good... you going to get the white python joints? I am all about them.

Randeep

Reaction score
They're very nice.. love exotic leather.... but not for me, can't see how I can rotate white boots into my wardrobe and I'm not about to start trying just because Hedi's going a particular look in Celine/SS20. Rotating black/tan (and now imminently khaki :)) works well enough for me.

Having said that, I did pre-order the SS20 SL python wyatts with the 40mm heel. They did 40mm versions in FW16 and a rubberised looking one sometime in 2017 I think (rubberised/dark grey python looked amazing). The current FW19 30mm python chelseas look **** in comparison (and the snakeskin uses smaller scales, not half as pretty).

The 40mm wyatt last > 40mm jacno pythons (for me).

They bumped up the estimated delivery date from April 2020 to 31st Dec 2019... here's hoping. Pre-ordered the last 43 on the basis of knowing how quick the FW16 ones sold out. Will decide whether to keep/return when they arrive, they'd have to be perfect at their price point...

python1.jpg
python2.jpg
python3.jpg

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
They're very nice.. love exotic leather.... but not for me, can't see how I can rotate white boots into my wardrobe and I'm not about to start trying just because Hedi's going a particular look in Celine/SS20. Rotating black/tan (and now imminently khaki :)) works well enough for me.

Having said that, I did pre-order the SS20 SL python wyatts with the 40mm heel. They did 40mm versions in FW16 and a rubberised looking one sometime in 2017 I think (rubberised/dark grey python looked amazing). The current FW19 30mm python chelseas look **** in comparison (and the snakeskin uses smaller scales, not half as pretty).

The 40mm wyatt last > 40mm jacno pythons (for me).

They bumped up the estimated delivery date from April 2020 to 31st Dec 2019... here's hoping. Pre-ordered the last 43 on the basis of knowing how quick the FW16 ones sold out. Will decide whether to keep/return when they arrive, they'd have to be perfect at their price point...

View attachment 1296977 View attachment 1296978 View attachment 1296979

These look cool, I’d love to see pics when they come in. It’s strange that Hedi never designed a pair like these - maybe was against the combination of the elastic and snakeskin - but I think these have the potential to be a pair of boots (like the Luka) that may cause certain Hedi fans to wonder why Hedi didn’t design them first.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Guys, I'm torn... What pair shall I get?

I’m equally torn - the Camargue model is fresher and more exciting but the Lukas are tried-and-true and may be more wearable. Both are very sexy.

rire

Reaction score
I’m equally torn - the Camargue model is fresher and more exciting but the Lukas are tried-and-true and may be more wearable. Both are very sexy.
I feel like the Lukas works better for everyday wear. The Camargue is just too 'pretty' (in both a good and bad way).

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
I feel like the Lukas works better for everyday wear. The Camargue is just too 'pretty' (in both a good and bad way).

I agree although I think both can be worn often. Ultimately, it’s a matter of taste.

hediboy

Reaction score
After visited the Haute Parfumerie workshop, could not resist to get one bottle, even I am not perfume guy... Beautiful design and special scents. Lovely!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads