• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Is it normal that my Jacno boots look like this after 2 months of wear (let’s say worn 20 times in that period)??

They have been stored with shoe trees in 100% of the time when not worn except for 2 days at the cobbler where a rubber outsole was put on. Not been exposed to extreme conditions.
View attachment 1272722
View attachment 1272723

Yes, the Jacnos have been noted to crease rather easily and early.

Furq

Reaction score
Those white boots are amazing

Has anyone used or tried the “drugstore Chelsea“ boots? Worried about getting the Jacno ones if they crease too easily. Tbh its why I haven’t bought the SLP chelseas... all of them I’ve seen after a couple of months have a lot of creasing which I don’t prefer

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it too boomer to say that my John Lobbs do not crease?

I'm looking forward to Celine's S/S 2020 collection. Any idea when that might drop? I noticed that SLP's is already up (not sure whether to call it YSL or SLP!).

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking forward to Celine's S/S 2020 collection. Any idea when that might drop? I noticed that SLP's is already up (not sure whether to call it YSL or SLP!).
Yes, I think if you want boots that don't crease you need to go up a level in terms of quality. I'm no expert on this though.

I noticed that some new womenswear dropped on the Celine website last Friday, so I'm hoping that some menswear pops up soon. I'm actually really excited to see this stuff. I'd also like to see if the online shop does a sale.

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
Preview in London was fun with a few great pieces. Apparently the private sale in the UK starts next Saturday, but maybe that was just what the SA told me!

hediboy

Reaction score
Preview in London was fun with a few great pieces. Apparently the private sale in the UK starts next Saturday, but maybe that was just what the SA told me!
HK ended private sales yesterday. Could not stop myself from getting a piece at least in fall. Got the pinstripes double breasted. Love the fabric, but the cut is quite roomy even I took one size down. So got them to tailor it to slim it up at the body, hope not too as a blasphemy to Hedi...

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sure, but the creasing is much, much more than my wyatts that have had more wear, and which crease more like my traditional/other oxfords etc...

Yeah, I don't doubt that. I meant the statement earlier in the thread how "Brand x doesn't crease", which is nonsense of course

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Shoes crease because:
a) they're not the right shape for your feet, creating points of tension (very common in rtw, especially with those narrow shapes you guys like to wear)
b) the type of leather is more prone to creasing (i.e. Berluti venezia leather)
c) the leather is lower quality

Take your pic....

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously, a touch of hyperbole, but one can stroll over to the John Lobb appreciation thread and get a sense of what I mean. They look amazing. Most of the boots I see posted here or in the SLP forums after a couple wears have very noticeable creases. Sort of obvious when we're talking about $800 vs. $2000 boots. I think we've done to death the idea that one is buying an idea, a style, a dream in Hedi's words, and a very good but not exceptional level of quality. There's always something better.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Obviously, a touch of hyperbole, but one can stroll over to the John Lobb appreciation thread and get a sense of what I mean. They look amazing. Most of the boots I see posted here or in the SLP forums after a couple wears have very noticeable creases. Sort of obvious when we're talking about $800 vs. $2000 boots. I think we've done to death the idea that one is buying an idea, a style, a dream in Hedi's words, and a very good but not exceptional level of quality. There's always something better.

After a few wears? Sounds like people don't know how to properly take care of their boots. I have SLP boots that I've been wearing for 3 years and they don't have one single crease.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I hate how boots look when they're brand new without any creases. I think they look much better broken in. The original leather used at SLP for the first few seasons creased far more than that used in later seasons, but was of a much finer quality so I don't think quality can be reduced to whether the leather creases easily or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads