• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Jacno backzip

0F6D418D-67BF-4D39-93D4-501C854A48BD.jpeg

Randeep

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Tried on the shearling bomber at Celine Bond St last week. Wasn't what I went into the store to look at but after trying I quite liked it.

I'm a true (built) 48 - the size below is a 46. They didn't have other sizes to try on in store and 44/48 are both unavailable.

Can you guys tell me what you think of the fit of the size 46? It's a lot of money, do you think the fit (on me) justifies the cost? I couldn't get it without thinking it is perfect. The shoulder seam lines hang off (typical in this stye I think?) so not sure how annoyed/concerned I should be about that, if the rest of the outfit is on point. 46 already felt quite fitted - could hardly bend arms to use the pockets (in fact, I'm not sure I could, but I could live without that if the fit is better). Also, unfortunately only have a picture with it partially zipped, think it'd look better if I zipped it a little higher (if I zip it at all, typically do not bother but I might with this jacket as I like the way it nips in at the back/waist when zipped).

Other nice details of the jacket are the ends of the arms are stitched closer together so you have to push your hand through the sleeve opening/keep winds out. I like the gold tone buckles and the nicely sized zipper teeth too.

Please tear me a new one as I'm looking at this through rose tinted glasses.

Thanks

IMG_7181.jpg
IMG_7183.jpg
IMG_7184.jpg
IMG_7186.jpg
IMG_7189.jpg
IMG_7191.jpg
IMG_7192.jpg
IMG_7198.jpg
IMG_7202.jpg
IMG_7204.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks very good to me. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the aviator jacket style, but you can pull it off especially with it open. The buckles look great.
My only concern is that you're only wearing a t-shirt underneath, but wouldn't you usually be wearing a sweater with something such as that?

Randeep

Reaction score
My only concern is that you're only wearing a t-shirt underneath, but wouldn't you usually be wearing a sweater with something such as that?

Thanks for your input. Actually, I almost always just wear a t-shirt. At most I might push to a thin sweater.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I think the 46 looks good on you and I would wait till the jacket hits a sale or let somebody get it from the EU since its cheaper there. I tried the same jacket on and sized down to a 48 while wearing a light sweater but no heavy knitwear

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Tried on the shearling bomber at Celine Bond St last week. Wasn't what I went into the store to look at but after trying I quite liked it.

I'm a true (built) 48 - the size below is a 46. They didn't have other sizes to try on in store and 44/48 are both unavailable.

Can you guys tell me what you think of the fit of the size 46? It's a lot of money, do you think the fit (on me) justifies the cost? I couldn't get it without thinking it is perfect. The shoulder seam lines hang off (typical in this stye I think?) so not sure how annoyed/concerned I should be about that, if the rest of the outfit is on point. 46 already felt quite fitted - could hardly bend arms to use the pockets (in fact, I'm not sure I could, but I could live without that if the fit is better). Also, unfortunately only have a picture with it partially zipped, think it'd look better if I zipped it a little higher (if I zip it at all, typically do not bother but I might with this jacket as I like the way it nips in at the back/waist when zipped).

Other nice details of the jacket are the ends of the arms are stitched closer together so you have to push your hand through the sleeve opening/keep winds out. I like the gold tone buckles and the nicely sized zipper teeth too.

Please tear me a new one as I'm looking at this through rose tinted glasses.

Thanks

Looks pretty good but I'm not liking how the sleeves stack. I'd suggest looking at milsurp B3 jackets or reproduction brands like Avirex and Schott as they are the same style but with a more traditional fit, and they wont break the bank. I have a Schott A1 jacket myself and the quality/fit is amazing for the price.

cloonz

Reaction score
Don't like the sleeves on that shearling, pretty lackluster jacket overall for that price.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My plain white triomphe low top trainers arrived today. I really like them. They're very plain in a good way, much more simple looking than even the SL 01 low in plain white that are my most worn trainers. They're definitely different enough to justify having in addition to the SL 01 as the sole is off white and the shape is more old school looking.

I ignored the advice on the website to size down one size and bought my true size 45 which I take for pretty much every Saint Laurent boot, shoe or trainer that I've ever tried, and they fit correctly. My toe pretty much hits the front when I walk so I'd say they fit true to size, maybe slightly roomier feeling than some size 45s I have but not enough to need to size down.

I still fancy a pair of the blank sneakers if they become available because I think they look great in the recent campaign photos on instagram. Preferably the version with the red and blue triomphe trim, but I'd probably be open to the all white version too.

Next purchase is probably going to be the classic biker I think. I really want to go when the store has a full size run from 46 - 50 though so I can try them all and see which looks the best. I'd most likely be looking to size down as much as possible because I tried my true size 50 in the L 01 before and it didn't look very slim or cropped, and definitely didn't fit well enough to justify the price. It's something that I'd never zip so I'd be quite happy to buy the smallest I can fit within reason.

Reactions: DJR

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ohyehhh looks nice, but I have a James Grose shearling that I'm really happy with that cost a fraction of the Celine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads