• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

DJR

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on when to expect the Boot Cut Denim from the Men's Spring / Summer 2020 to be available online and in-store? Has anyone had a chance to try it on whether from a trunk show, pre-orders? Thanks a lot.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on when to expect the Boot Cut Denim from the Men's Spring / Summer 2020 to be available online and in-store? Has anyone had a chance to try it on whether from a trunk show, pre-orders? Thanks a lot.
I'm also lookign forward to this. And, I'm pretty sure the following has never been stated in the history of the world, but I'm really lookign forward to the new Amiri collection, which has some cool flared ****.

Edit: Just noticed on the Amiri website that their pre-ss stuff is up, and it's the same garbage they've been putting out for years. Anyway, enough talk about this horrible brand...

Last edited:

Bill H

Reaction score
I'm also lookign forward to this. And, I'm pretty sure the following has never been stated in the history of the world, but I'm really lookign forward to the new Amiri collection, which has some cool flared ****.

Edit: Just noticed on the Amiri website that their pre-ss stuff is up, and it's the same garbage they've been putting out for years. Anyway, enough talk about this horrible brand...
I enjoyed this post... well put.

chromecowboy

Reaction score
Selling my Tournon jacket if anybody is interested. Size 46.

hediboy

Reaction score
Bought a scarf from the shop and what I exchanged in return was a confidential news that first sale for Hedi Celine will be launched in this fall... how ironic for my purchase... ?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful coat - the standout piece from the collection! It didn't work out for you? I'm 40 so I probably would look straight-up old man with it, ha.

Randeep

Reaction score
Bought a scarf from the shop and what I exchanged in return was a confidential news that first sale for Hedi Celine will be launched in this fall... how ironic for my purchase... ?

Any exact idea when? Will that be on the web-store or in-store only?

hediboy

Reaction score
Any exact idea when? Will that be on the web-store or in-store only?
My area does not have web coverage, so I would say in the shop, but not surprised if including web.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted for a long time because I've been a bit busy with changing careers. I've also taken a pay cut to move into what I want to do, and so I don't have quite as much disposable income and haven't been buying as much as I used to. My thoughts on Hedi's Celine so far is that I love it and it's much more to my tastes than Saint Laurent had become towards the end.

I made my first purchase from Celine a week or two ago. I went for the plain calf 1.8 cm elegant buckle belt and the black zip up hooded sweatshirt with the triomphe logo. Both of these are perfect and I can't say how happy I am with both. Both seem to be a notch up in quality from Saint Laurent. I wanted a belt to replace my SS13 2cm geometric buckle belt and this does the job perfectly. I also missed out on the classic sip hooded sweatshirt with grosgrain trim from Saint Laurent due to changing sizes and always regretted not having one, and so I was glad to pick up the Celine version. I was reluctant at first because of the small triomphe logo but after getting it in person it's actually really nice and doesn't detract from it at all. The fit and quality is perfect as well and it looks very similar in fit to the Saint Laurent version under Hedi (slim and cropped), and it looks great with skinny black jeans, boots and a t shirt.

I'm not sure what I'm going to pick up next. In my time away from fashion my tastes have become even more minimal than before, and I already have pretty much everything I want from Saint Laurent so it's hard to justify just buying more of the same but under the Celine label. Maybe the motorcycle jacket because I don't have one. Any pictures of the classic biker from Celine being worn floating around?

I like the jacno single monk strap shoe as well, but I'm not sure what I'd wear them with, as basic as they are they're not necessarily the easiest thing to pull off well. I was going to go for the white tr01 low sneakers, but I have 2 pairs of the SL01 lows in white so I'm wondering if I really need them with them being pretty similar.

These look pretty cool, anybody know if they're available in men's sizes in stores?

33252-2006-01le_l.jpg

Bill H

Reaction score
Beautiful coat - the standout piece from the collection! It didn't work out for you? I'm 40 so I probably would look straight-up old man with it, ha.
No way SirGrotius, I think if you styled this right you particularly could kill this....

PS- I am 40 and I wore the FW13 calf hair jacket last week. If these herbs don't know then they don't know...

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kieran - very thoughtful post, as always! Congrats on the new position. I bet the grosgrain hoodie is impeccable and those shoes are cool. I'd like to see pictures of the Celine moto, too. I haven't seen too many floating around yet.

Randeep

Reaction score
No way SirGrotius, I think if you styled this right you particularly could kill this....

PS- I am 40 and I wore the FW13 calf hair jacket last week. If these herbs don't know then they don't know...

Need pictures of this :)

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah SirGrotius the hooded sweatshirt is perfect. For those that remember the Saint Laurent zip up ones from 13-14, it's pretty much the exact same fit, very slim and cropped and looks dressy enough to wear with boots. I wouldn't have even considered it based on website pictures had it not been for the fact that I guessed it would be nice because of having experience with the SLP one.

Think I'm going to place another order for some more stuff in the next few days. Some of the things I've been eyeing like the jacno jodhpur and one of the elegant belts in watersnake have disappeared off the website though, and the jacno Chelsea (looks perfect) isn't available in my size. Motorcycle jacket isn't available online or in UK at all either.

Has anybody tried the black merino crew necks? I'm hoping they're similar to the AW13 fine merino crew necks (the ones that staff had for uniform), but the description says dropped shoulder which concerns me that they may be some kind of oversized fit.

Edited just to ask about sizing on the triomphe low sneakers. Website says to size down one, how do they compare to the Sl01 lows?

Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics