• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

hediboy

Reaction score
Tried the most expensive piece, awesome one, but the tag is ridiculous...
B7D2FA3A-5DA7-410F-8C2E-DE8AE7F5B3BB.jpeg 5DD8445E-6EB1-479A-8663-9C09832F54EF.jpeg 2C065519-3F53-4F5A-8983-A9527B32EBD9.jpeg

norigim

Reaction score
Yes, for some reason, I don't see Celine having sales, in the sense, it doesn't fit the vision for the brand with all the investment in the physical stores and art. AT the end of the day though, balancing moving the goods for the brand luster has to be a tough equation!

Do you mean on their online store? Celine under Phoebe did regular seasonal sales at their own boutique and at third party retailers. Not sure why that would change under Hedi since he didn't care about it at YSL.

Although I don't know if Celine went on sale or not for SS19.

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
Do you mean on their online store? Celine under Phoebe did regular seasonal sales at their own boutique and at third party retailers. Not sure why that would change under Hedi since he didn't care about it at YSL.

Although I don't know if Celine went on sale or not for SS19.

There seems to be some weird policy around online retail for Celine under Slimane. Department store boutiques are still all open, but you can’t find the brand on the websites of those department stores (eg Selfridges) for sale.

Outlet stores are still open, but I’m not sure if they have any Hedi stuff yet - pretty sure they’re still only women’s collection right now. Dior has outlets too though.

AFAIK Celine did not go on sale for SS19.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has to be an effort to drive consumers into the stores, if only for the inspiration, and then eventual buys online. The other layer, of course, is at the store one enters a sort of dream world where that fantasy, if taken to a next level, can add up to more dollars spent!! Finally, I'd add it's good for building the esprit of the staff, and the tailoring will be better than online.

norigim

Reaction score
There seems to be some weird policy around online retail for Celine under Slimane. Department store boutiques are still all open, but you can’t find the brand on the websites of those department stores (eg Selfridges) for sale.

Outlet stores are still open, but I’m not sure if they have any Hedi stuff yet - pretty sure they’re still only women’s collection right now. Dior has outlets too though.

AFAIK Celine did not go on sale for SS19.

I don't think this is regressive change under Hedi. I don't recall ever seeing Celine available for purchase online in the US or France (not sure about UK stores like Selfridges). If anything, it sounds like they're going to expand the brand online under new leadership, so they'd be potentially be relaxing any restrictions the brand formerly had.

My bet is that you'll likely be able to walk in to physical stores during seasonal discount time and all their seasonal items will be on sale like they always have been in the past.

rire

Reaction score
Can we expect some SS20 to hit stores as early as november or is that just wishful thinking?

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
Went into Celine Bond St yesterday and showed the sales assistant a screenshot of the Instagram story of that one cavalry boot everyone’s been talking about over the last few days

Of course, she told me that two guys had already been in the same day and the day before, with the exact same picture, to request the boot, proving that nerdy fashion guys on the internet are as predictable as ever.

Anyway, she put me down on the list for when it’s released, apparently by late December or January.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks really nice. Do you know what the heel height is? I can't quite tell if it's more than 40 mm.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super cool design. Love the flow. Dislike the heel height!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like 40 or 45, definitely shorter than the 60 Jacno.
Looking at it more closely, I'm leaning more towards 45 mm heel. I feel like that's too much for me personally, although I very much like the design, and hope it augurs well for similar footwear to come.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As requested by Adamdraps, here's my attempt to post some fit pics of the Jacno backzips. I couldn't tell if the lighting in the living room was better or in the basement, so I threw up some pics from both. I'm obviously not very good at it. Those are SLP bootcut denim too.
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads