• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
There is no excuse.

Even small brands like Bonne Gueule (a french brand I follow since the beginning) is using Excella YKK zippers for their 590 € leather jacket : https://www.bonnegueule.fr/nos-premiers-blousons-en-cuir-decouvrez-leur-histoire/

If a luxury brand like Céline wants to use YKK, it should be the premium Excella offer. What a shame if this is confirmed not the case.

I think it was a conscious decision by Hedi/CELINE, in an effort to conserve cost. Most SLP boots (if not all) used YKK zips, and while I’ve never encountered a problem with any of my pairs, they did always seem cheap (considering the cost of the shoes) and drew my curiosity.

zebidee

Reaction score
It is possibly be the most probable reason. On that note I've even seen Chanel items with nylon ykk zippers.

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
It is possibly be the most probable reason. On that note I've even seen Chanel items with nylon ykk zippers.

Yeah until recently most high fashion bags used them. The difference is that the Celine ones are the cheap ones *even for YYK*. I’m not a brand snob (though branded zips are nice), I’d just prefer they’d bought the $6 zips instead of the $0.50 zips for their $1,200 shoes.

zebidee

Reaction score
Just picked up my new winter jacket. ? To my mind, no doubt the best jacket of this season and the sofistication of cut and materials must be experienced in real!
BC2E1C38-D1E1-4A81-BB22-254FE008333E.jpeg

Bill H

Reaction score
Just picked up my new winter jacket. ? To my mind, no doubt the best jacket of this season and the sofistication of cut and materials must be experienced in real! View attachment 1248550
Ha... I am not feeling it that much but considering your recent history I will with hold judgement until I see it styled ha.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that piece! I have a Hedi jacket very similar in inspiration from SL. It looks so perfect on Friday/Saturdays in Autumn.

zebidee

Reaction score
Love that piece! I have a Hedi jacket very similar in inspiration from SL. It looks so perfect on Friday/Saturdays in Autumn.
I complemented this one to my SLP herringbone jacket with elbowpatches, since I like the style for Autumn. I noticed that "Karl" wore that jacket several times. I'd choose a different tie, though.

3B749795-37FD-4E28-830D-894542F1C056.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes! That's such a great fit! I find the pattern beautiful on the one you chose

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The great thing about that jacket, in my opinion, is that I feel that you could mix it with other colors a lot more easily than the traditional black one. I don't know why, but I always have trouble matching black blazers with anything other than black pants/jeans. That jacket is the item I was most impressed with in visiting the Celine stores in London, in addition to a few overcoats.

By the way, the staff at the Celine shop on Bond Street are fantastic. The Mount street staff, not so much, although I believe they may have been busy having recently moved. One item I saw at Bond, that I haven't seen on the website, was a pair of leopard derbies that were really cool. I tried on a few derbies, at Celine and SLP, but couldn't get a good fit.

zebidee

Reaction score
True, Allin. I've got all sorts of plans for that jacket. Very versatile indeed. The staff in Paris is wonderful too. Very pleasant experiences every time. Really out of the ordinary people. I saw the leo derbies in Paris a few weeks ago and was very tempted by them too. 690€ if I remember correctly. I will visit the Milan store next week and have high expectations.

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
By the way, the staff at the Celine shop on Bond Street are fantastic. The Mount street staff, not so much, although I believe they may have been busy having recently moved. One item I saw at Bond, that I haven't seen on the website, was a pair of leopard derbies that were really cool. I tried on a few derbies, at Celine and SLP, but couldn't get a good fit.

Couldn’t agree more - the staff were very friendly. SLP Bond Street are professional and helpful, but not talkative - Celine Bond Street (which had roughly the same number of customers when I visited) was full of truly friendly people. I spoke to the South African guy about styling combat boots for a really long time, they all loved discussing the runway show (including the women’s show despite it being a men’s store) and generally seemed to be people who truly loved fashion, which is always what makes shopping at retail fun and interesting and better than doing so online.

norigim

Reaction score
Just picked up the Houndstooth Mac Coat. I went in originally planning on checking out the microtweed overcoat, but decided I wanted something a bit more casual instead. The Mac Coat is pretty oversized, and even when I sized down 2 (48 -> 44) it was still a drapey, relaxed fit.

I'm intrigued by the microtweed sportcoat above but didn't see it in the NY SoHo or 5th Avenue stores.

Attachments

• 2M279566F.38NC_1_FALL19_231165v2.jpg
    2M279566F.38NC_1_FALL19_231165v2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 264

zebidee

Reaction score
Thought I'd add a fit pic, since I enjoy seeing others post the same. Got these babies out for a sunny Sunday walk... they already have gotten quite a high mileage this summer and I'm recieving my second python Jacnos, next week. But the very limited "shiny" 4 cm heel version. Only a handful ever made according to the SA! The most rare CELINE boot that was available, so far! I was lucky to get the only pair ever made, in my size, thanks to the wonderful staff at the Paris flagship store. Will post pictures later on.

Attachments

• F4F7F1A1-16A6-4D42-A1EF-61CB2D04588D.jpeg
    F4F7F1A1-16A6-4D42-A1EF-61CB2D04588D.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 295

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads