• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
The current offerings aren’t very inspiring to me but I am excited for next fall because the last menswear show piqued my interest. I think the general consensus at this point is early SLP > Celine but I think (hope?) that the later collections could sway the pendulum in this brand’s favor.

parnyc

Reaction score
The current offerings aren’t very inspiring to me but I am excited for next fall because the last menswear show piqued my interest. I think the general consensus at this point is early SLP > Celine but I think (hope?) that the later collections could sway the pendulum in this brand’s favor.

Same, perhaps not a strong opening, but the first full fledged men's collection will be Fall/Winter, so there will be a lot more on offer.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ohyehhh - awesome pics! Love that second jacket! Not sure what is going on with the leather; you mentioned, that they did it on purpose, I'm not sure I'm following...what do people suspect is the intended aesthetic with the nature of the leather (or the zippers?)?

Love your ring, too, very cool. How did you find the sales staff? The Celine SAs in NYC are very polished and well trained.

duduzera

Reaction score
there's some new boots on the website

Screenshot_3.jpg

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
The pythons look great on the site but I’ve seen some actual pictures of pairs people have purchased and they didn’t look as remarkable... I’ll have to wait until I have them in hand before I can pass final judgment.

Spanese

Reaction score
Hello, created an account to comment.
I went to the Vancouver location in Holt Renfrew. They do not have anything on the floor yet but I was offered to go up the apartment to see what was available. It was through the entrance of personal shopper. Pretty cool experience.

Unfortunately they did not have what I was after, Leather Jacno side zips. So I only tried on different shoes for size. Seems like it’s similar to slp.

The sales offered to bring them in for me, so she had to contact the buyer. A day later I was told they could not offer international transfer of the boots (from the states), so now she is checking with the buyer again if they can be brought in from EU. Seems like they won’t be carrying them either as it is the end of the season. Very disappointing, was hoping to move from SLP to Celine and at this point SLP seems a lot more accommodating as I purchased 90% of my things in store.

hediboy

Reaction score
Hello, created an account to comment.
I went to the Vancouver location in Holt Renfrew. They do not have anything on the floor yet but I was offered to go up the apartment to see what was available. It was through the entrance of personal shopper. Pretty cool experience.

Unfortunately they did not have what I was after, Leather Jacno side zips. So I only tried on different shoes for size. Seems like it’s similar to slp.

The sales offered to bring them in for me, so she had to contact the buyer. A day later I was told they could not offer international transfer of the boots (from the states), so now she is checking with the buyer again if they can be brought in from EU. Seems like they won’t be carrying them either as it is the end of the season. Very disappointing, was hoping to move from SLP to Celine and at this point SLP seems a lot more accommodating as I purchased 90% of my things in store.
Sorry for your experience, that sucks. I am a little bit more lucky that my store in Hong Kong does help for regional and international transfer. However, I have to say the inventory and logistical management so far is extremely sloppy... When store opened in March, really nothing with proper sizes of merchandise stocked (still wondering what would have the size I wanted try could have much different, ended up bought a size up biker....most items just available only one with one size), now after 1month I paid, I am still waiting for the leather chesterfield be shipped from France... Quite disappointed when comparing this is supposed to be the bigger company (in terms of market capitalization).

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A leather Chesterfield sounds pretty amazing

hediboy

Reaction score
24651A32-8F89-4801-ADA3-1563AC6CA416.jpeg
A leather Chesterfield sounds pretty amazing
Hope so...The lamb leather is quite amazing. Although the store has my size, but I found myself is not really fan of boxy cut. So I ordered one size smaller and wait... All I have is just company illustration picture...

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was wondering about that too. We must have pictures of this coat as soon as you receive it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads