• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should’ve let us know before, since some of us might want to buy some pieces from when before the brand became total ****.

Randeep

Reaction score
We desperately need ohyehhh to redeem this lame thread.

Ha - well besides derailing the thread with SL python wyatt pics (will post later), here's some Celine to save the day. I felt that I'd want the C17 but on trying on in person a while back (Mount St) it wasn't to my tastes as much as my SS16 L17. The leather didn't look as lux as I'd like it (no doubt intentionally done like that) and the smaller, straight high shine Celine branded zippers don't look half as good as the exaggerated, bevel edged gunmetal SL zippers I've become so accustomed to. Besides those back then I also tried the Chelsea boots - which are nice, but again in contrast to my SL chelseas (40mm - fw13 and fw16) the SL wins out for me.

FYI the jacket is a 48, I'm a built 48. 50 felt and looked looser around the back of jacket in an undesirable way. Yeah I probably can't zip it, but the leather would stretch (had I bought) and I prefer to err on the side of a shade too fitted than a shade loose (boots being the exception). Anyway just pointing this out before anyone prematurely falls for the misconception that Celine (or season X of SL) = fitted = size up.

Also tried the handcuff bracelet which I really dig. Only thing that has stopped me is the high shine silver which doesn't gel well with the SL jewellery I have, that are all in burnished silver finishes. Still contemplating though as there's lots of ways (according to what I've read/watched) for quickly adding a patina to silver.

IMG_3665.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG
View attachment 1167203
IMG_3668.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
View attachment 1167206
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3673.JPG
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3680.JPG

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
And today I went to the men only (well besides unisex jewellery) store on Bond St to return some sunglasses and got to try on the sequinned comic book piece. The SA said that just a few minutes earlier Christian Marclay had been in the store getting pieces :)

Honestly, if this jacket wasn't beyond my means, it'd be an insta-cop - looks absolutely ******* amazing IMO.

IMG_4690.jpg

bencap

Reaction score
You should’ve let us know before, since some of us might want to buy some pieces from when before the brand became total ****.

It would have been womenswear only, if pre-hedi stuff. Maybe you could have found some pieces that work for you but it makes sense that he didn't post about a sample sale since this thread is about new menswear Celine (as I understand it at least).

Bill H

Reaction score
And today I went to the men only (well besides unisex jewellery) store on Bond St to return some sunglasses and got to try on the sequinned comic book piece. The SA said that just a few minutes earlier Christian Marclay had been in the store getting pieces :)

Honestly, if this jacket wasn't beyond my means, it'd be an insta-cop - looks absolutely ******* amazing IMO.

View attachment 1167219
Thanks for all of this; dope pics and details.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would have been womenswear only, if pre-hedi stuff. Maybe you could have found some pieces that work for you but it makes sense that he didn't post about a sample sale since this thread is about new menswear Celine (as I understand it at least).
I feel you, and I was sorta just joking. From what I understand, though, a lot of the womenswear that she designed would work for men as well. But I could be wrong about that.

thanks for the pics @ohyehhh

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely not too doable for men, unless you were into the 50-year old chic moderniste look with a palette of brown, green, and tan.

bencap

Reaction score
I just realised I said "this thread is about new menswear Celine" when we spent at least three or four pages discussing the newest womenswear collection several weeks ago! I guess it's more accurate to say this is about "Hedi Celine".

Trixz

Reaction score
Recently some more items were added to the Celine website. Including skinny denim, which I'm happy to see, except for the price! It seems there is an up charge for the Hedi design right? I mean how much better construction and materials could there be? Assuming they aren't being made in the same exact location and factory the SL denim is made. They look close to the same.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Recently some more items were added to the Celine website. Including skinny denim, which I'm happy to see, except for the price! It seems there is an up charge for the Hedi design right? I mean how much better construction and materials could there be? Assuming they aren't being made in the same exact location and factory the SL denim is made. They look close to the same.

You're upset about the price and I'm upset they sold out instantly.

parnyc

Reaction score
Does anyone have insight as to how sales will work? Wondering if it will be the same at Saint Laurent where the seasonal items are discounted, because (and I could be completely wrong) I thought that Celine did not "go on sale."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads