• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Here are some pics from the video to dissect

Leather jacket that resembles the SLP teddy's with the two top lines? With patches...
View attachment 1080642
High-waisted pins stripe pants? Single strap monk (is that what's it's called?)
View attachment 1080644
Chelsea or cowboy boots?
View attachment 1080643
Animal skin loafers?
View attachment 1080645
Pleated pants. Personally, I will never wear pleated pants even if designed by Hedi.
View attachment 1080646
I enjoyed the video. I'm surprised to see square ties from Hedi (I thought those were dead)?

Adamdraps

Reaction score
These don't look anything like santiags/lukas

_LLL0449.jpg

Bill H

Reaction score
Here are some pics from the video to dissect

Leather jacket that resembles the SLP teddy's with the two top lines? With patches...
View attachment 1080642
High-waisted pins stripe pants? Single strap monk (is that what's it's called?)
View attachment 1080644
Chelsea or cowboy boots?
View attachment 1080643
Animal skin loafers?
View attachment 1080645
Pleated pants. Personally, I will never wear pleated pants even if designed by Hedi.
View attachment 1080646
+1... I will never wear pleated pants either; even if designed by the man himself.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far, like he's picking up where he left off.

The biker leather looks nice might get one. Jeans and belts too. Lots of nice shoes (double monks and the Derbies I'll pick up).

Pretty much everything is looking great so far, like I'll be able to just add to my Saint Laurent collection with the new Celine.

And those boots are nothing like Wyatts, the western stitching is something that's featured on a lot of different lasts and doesn't mean anything.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kieran, good to see you back. I had a feeling that that video would align with your aesthetic. I'm stoked too, although I still dabble in SL quite a bit.

The new Dior is horrendous to me, but maybe they're being purposely playful as an opening.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
kieran, good to see you back. I had a feeling that that video would align with your aesthetic. I'm stoked too, although I still dabble in SL quite a bit.

The new Dior is horrendous to me, but maybe they're being purposely playful as an opening.

New Dior > New SLP as far as I'm concerned - did you watch the pre-fall show? I saw echoes of themes from KVA's time at the house and some cool military themes. I'm more excited for Celine but I'm all for the new Dior, save a few looks/themes.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Dior > New SLP as far as I'm concerned - did you watch the pre-fall show? I saw echoes of themes from KVA's time at the house and some cool military themes. I'm more excited for Celine but I'm all for the new Dior, save a few looks/themes.

Ahh, no, did not see the pre-fall show, just checked it out now. Much better than S/S IMO, loved it, in fact, and you're spot on, a lot of homage to KVA with the buckles, dual colors, and some military themes. F/W is usually better for me anyway. ha

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at that campaign shot of the model wear the trench coat and black suede boots made me think whether Hedi featured Chelsea boots in his campaign shots. The only one I know is the Saint Laurent Boy is a Girl campaign that had a pair. Making me consider Hedi doesn’t feel chelsea’s elastic gore to be formal...but funny thing also is that I have only see him wear chelsea boots or lace up boots/shoes at Saint Laurent and Celine.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Looking at that campaign shot of the model wear the trench coat and black suede boots made me think whether Hedi featured Chelsea boots in his campaign shots. The only one I know is the Saint Laurent Boy is a Girl campaign that had a pair. Making me consider Hedi doesn’t feel chelsea’s elastic gore to be formal...but funny thing also is that I have only see him wear chelsea boots or lace up boots/shoes at Saint Laurent and Celine.

Yeah, I'm not too sure if wants to exhume the Chelsea boot carcass - are any *popular* luxury brands still producing Chelsea boots besides SLP and Haider?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good point. I see chelsea boots mostly at the more classic luxury brands, such as Berluti, KVA's new gig. Their chelsea's are quite nice, although for $2,500 they should be!

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
It's a good point. I see chelsea boots mostly at the more classic luxury brands, such as Berluti, KVA's new gig. Their chelsea's are quite nice, although for $2,500 they should be!

Yeah sometimes Berluti uses exotic skins but rarely do the silhouettes justify the price IMO.

two more months and we'll finally get a look at the Celine boots in stores

Louis D

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get a look at the back of the Céline Moto jacket? I'm referring to the black one recently featured in a closeup of the front on their IG. I'm curious to know if it has any details to match the pointed, western shirt-style yoke from the L01 or its three buttons at the lower back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads