• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, your hair is looking great. I don't think the jacket looks at all bad, but it appears that the shoulders are lopsided (maybe as a result of you holding your phone)? I'm with you on waiting for better stuff though.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
First off, your hair is looking great. I don't think the jacket looks at all bad,
Thanks! I didn't like it when it was very long and I grew it out during covid (past photos i've posted here show me with longer hair), and right now it's a bit too short for my preference, so now I'm just waiting for it to grow out a bit longer.

but it appears that the shoulders are lopsided (maybe as a result of you holding your phone)
Yea, it wasn't lopsided. I tried to have a picture taken straight on but the SAs asked me to stop taking pictures lol

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
eh? what's that about ...
No idea, I thought the same thing that it was a weird policy. It looks like the jacket is up and available to buy on the Celine Japanese website so it's not like it's not available to buy.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's on the us site too. The brand seems to be really weird about pics of the items being publicized, which perhaps contributes to no one buying any of it

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Maybe they were like "Sir you are not posting ANY pics with those shoes on!"
Lol - I was not expecting to go to Celine that day and was wearing those JWA slides just to walk around. I have my jodhpurs with me as well and would have worn those instead.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Those shoes are so atrocious I just assumed that they were celine. That gives you an indication of how low I've been keeping my expectations
JW Anderson loafers that were trendy a few seasons ago, even if I like them I admit they are very obnoxious lol

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Those shoes are interesting. They're so simple but so goofy. They just went "let's make the primary eyecatching part of it really ******* big." Like, why has no one ever done that before? Cus it looks bad? Probably. But even then they're not bad in the normal sense, they sidestep that by being weird. They exist in that semi-ironic subcategory of fashion I suppose.

But to stay on topic he probably handed you the 44 because the average asian man isn't built like the average western white guy and they likely sell more small sizes. When you put it on he was like "oh **** this looks like ****" and told you not to take a picture. Getting two sizes down on an oversized jacket just to get a traditional fit generally doesn't work for me.

BasicJB

Reaction score
Tried on the top jacket in Tokyo:

View attachment 1967831

The jacket I'm wearing above is a 44, and it's what the SA gave me unprompted after asking to try on a 48 in a different jacket. For context I wear a 48 in my teddy, and this 44 was still slightly roomy and boxy, but it was a comfortable fit. I personally liked how the 44 looked, but given it's boxy I'm going to pass to just continue waiting to grab the classic moto jacket at some point or something better.

Looks like the men's aviator is just as cropped as the women's version I got. The shoulder area does look a bit slouchy for the size but I kinda like the awkward fit

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the men's aviator is just as cropped as the women's version I got. The shoulder area does look a bit slouchy for the size but I kinda like the awkward fit
Yeah, the shoulders on corpse grinder's jacket look a bit slouchy as well. Might actually work out quite well for those of us who have a dedicated shoulder day in our workout schedule

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
aed7c9b8-92e1-4aca-9ddd-932954a8ac2d.jpeg
1d165717-f4ec-4238-a894-b272b29c58e8.jpeg
31192bbe-d152-4854-8055-004ca7a78768.jpeg
a64db90f-1fa7-40b8-9672-ec5c6f0f6c5b.jpeg
85a3bb15-a577-47d8-b41e-680f288403b9.jpeg

Yeah a grey Kurt denim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads