• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Ellimac

Reaction score
Have you ever seen this jacket ? I think it's from the earlier seasons
I did some research but I never found worn pictures of it
Celine.jpg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure moon child posted a fit pic with it a few pages back.

Ellimac

Reaction score
Yes I saw the picture you are referring to but actually it's not the same jacket. I'm thinking about buying it, if I do I'll post a photo.

Also I was watching fw22 and ss23 runway looks and I absolutely love the spike belt, it reminds me a bit of the Dior d point belt. But we agree they are shown in two different size, right ? The first one looks very tiny compared to the second.
45BBU3ACI.38SI_3_WIN22.jpg
winter2022_men_look_43_01_B.jpg
winter2022_men_look_23_01 (1).jpg
winter2022_men_look_10_03.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point, they do look to be different sizes. I'd be torn between the two. I like them both.

This is going to sound a little weird, but I hardly ever wear a belt now. I'm not sure if it was the pandemic or what, but when wearing jeans I don't wear a belt. It might be a holdover from my suit days, as I recall reading a well-fitted suit does not require a belt, and that is true, plus, a belt breaks the line of the suit. Not sure if I'm on an island here or anyone's similar.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear belts with black jeans. Never with blue. And very rarely with suits.

Saying that I remember seeing a Saint Laurent staff member wear one of the blue 2 button suits with black cropped jodhpurs, 3 passant belt, and white Yves shirt with 2-3 buttons open and it looked that good I still remember it now.

With black jeans, white shirt and blazer I like a simple slim elegant buckle belt. Nothing fancy. I've also grown to prefer derby shoes over boots with suits or blazer & jeans combinations.

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
Yes I saw the picture you are referring to but actually it's not the same jacket. I'm thinking about buying it, if I do I'll post a photo.

Also I was watching fw22 and ss23 runway looks and I absolutely love the spike belt, it reminds me a bit of the Dior d point belt. But we agree they are shown in two different size, right ? The first one looks very tiny compared to the second.

There's also potentially a smaller version coming

model-walks-the-runway-during-the-celine-ready-to-wear-springsummer-picture-id1405685562

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't like how a black leather belt looks against lighter washes of blue jeans. Too 90s. I'd wear a belt with raw indigo denim though, and maybe some darker blue washes.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I usually wear a belt with all jeans as I like the extra detail it provides. Sometimes I don't but that's just because I can't be bothered.

This is me as well. I prefer wearing a belt with my jeans for the detail/as an accessory but sometimes I'll just be too lazy to put one on. For black jeans I have a plain black leather belt and a black braided belt. For blue jeans I have a tan suede belt and a dark brown braided belt.

I just don't like how a black leather belt looks against lighter washes of blue jeans. Too 90s.

I used to agree with this sentiment until very recently. Recently watched Three Colors Blue and the costume design featuring blue denim with black turned me onto the idea:

85673702-7269-4C92-BE43-BCA283480B01.jpeg

Even Boy Doll and the Bauhaus collection Hedi pairs blue denim and black as well, another instance where I started thinking it can look good after all.

Last edited:

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
To elaborate on my previous post; I love shots like these and they illustrate my point well. I'm not Kaia Gerber (or an attractive woman at all for that matter), but I think the same applies for men. That entire area with the belt, rings, bracelets, zippers on leather sleeves, whiskering on jeans etc etc just looks really cool to me.

2022-10-10 om 18.27.45.png

2022-10-10 om 18.27.57.png

2022-10-10 om 18.28.11.png

2022-10-10 om 18.28.23.png

piblondin

Reaction score
This is me as well. I prefer wearing a belt with my jeans for the detail/as an accessory but sometimes I'll just be too lazy to put one on. For black jeans I have a plain black leather belt and a black braided belt. For blue jeans I have a tan suede belt and a dark brown braided belt.

I used to agree with this sentiment until very recently. Recently watched Three Colors Blue and the costume design featuring blue denim with black turned me onto the idea:

View attachment 1841923

Even Boy Doll and the Bauhaus collection Hedi pairs blue denim and black as well, another instance where I started thinking it can look good after all.
OMG. Red may be my favorite film of all time, but it works best if you've seen Blue and White beforehand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads