• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
Check out the SLP ones, they fit nice and slim and are of course great quality. None of that oversized bollocks

If you had to choose one, which would you go with: the SLP surf sound or the Celine?
ScreenShot2021-06-16at3.11.32PM_17c02eb4-3708-4b39-959e-02c5d0f2d485.png
$_12.JPG
celine

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That brown suede looks amazing! Would go well with Bois Dormant...

Received the new fragrance yesterday; it's wonderful. Very whimsical. Almost like an exclusive Vermont boarding school version of eau de Californie if that makes sense. Perfect for fall winter, although light enough and with an enchanting element that could be worn on spring early summer. Pairs perfectly with this houndstooth scarf, which I recently picked up, too, for context:

1664102909958.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RE: GG, I'm a big fan of SLP leathers - I find them especially buttery and fits are spot on. In this one case, however, I'd lean slightly toward the Celine version, as I'm not a fan of the dropped shoulders (see the seams) in the SLP option. The Celine version looks very clean. That said, I have a feeling both would work well with your aesthetic and offer some punch without being egregiously loud.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: GG, I'm a big fan of SLP leathers - I find them especially buttery and fits are spot on. In this one case, however, I'd lean slightly toward the Celine version, as I'm not a fan of the dropped shoulders (see the seams) in the SLP option. The Celine version looks very clean. That said, I have a feeling both would work well with your aesthetic and offer some punch without being egregiously loud.
Yes, you've expressed exactly how I feel on teh matter. Teh Vacc slp leather I have is so incredibly soft, and the fit is really skinny. I only have the loose blouson from Celine, and the leather has a sort of shininess to it, so it's hard to compare it to the slp one since they're not really teh same. How do you feel about the leather of your blouson from Celine, compared to slp?

Teh brown suede one is really great imo. It looks a touch loose on the model that youwhat posted, but since I've got a bit (emphasis on bit) of muscle it might actually be quite slim on me.

I assume no one has pics of the Celine one, or has tried it personally? I seem to remember the shoulder measurements being a touch wide, but perhaps not as wide as the surf sound one.

Edit: that scarf looks incredible too. I'm in teh market for similar. How warm is it? I think your climate is similar to mine (I'm in the Great Lakes region), do you think it would work well in winter?

On teh subject of scarves, I really dig how the silk ones look on teh runway models, but they're obviously not winter ones, and I fear that I'd look really affected wearing one as a mere accessory. But I'd like to hear if others rock that look.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the scarf is surprisingly warm and soft. There is a touch of graininess to it, which I attribute to the wool and the authenticity of the process, for better for for worse! It reminds me of the feel of an Hermes scarf I have in a similar vein but grey.

Your description of SLP leathers is spot on - buttery, soft, cut skinny with studly hardware.

The leather on my Celine piece is definitely designed differently, still good quality with black hardware, however, it doesn't feel as pronounced. The leather is not as soft, and almost crinkly which gives is this old-school flavor, IMO. The piece you're eying seems to be designed differently and has a more classic look. In terms of quality, I'd give Celine 8.5, SLP 9, Dior 9.5 if that provides some context.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the scarf is surprisingly warm and soft. There is a touch of graininess to it, which I attribute to the wool and the authenticity of the process, for better for for worse! It reminds me of the feel of an Hermes scarf I have in a similar vein but grey.

Your description of SLP leathers is spot on - buttery, soft, cut skinny with studly hardware.

The leather on my Celine piece is definitely designed differently, still good quality with black hardware, however, it doesn't feel as pronounced. The leather is not as soft, and almost crinkly which gives is this old-school flavor, IMO. The piece you're eying seems to be designed differently and has a more classic look. In terms of quality, I'd give Celine 8.5, SLP 9, Dior 9.5 if that provides some context.
Yeah it does for sure, thanks bro.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I think I'm getting sick because I've seriously been considering the Kurt jeans. I think it's because I've been getting rid of a lot of stuff and barely wear jeans at all anymore that the devil on my shoulder is saying "Buy the Celine Kurt jeans. They'll be nice for the colder seasons. You don't have a lot of jeans. You need them."

youwhat

Reaction score
which ones?

i just googled them and theres about 10 different 'kurt' jeans...all look different in every pic.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
What do you wear if you're not wearing jeans?

It's been warm for so long that I've just been in different types of shorts and some Homme Plissé trousers. When I'm in jeans it's black skinnies (like everyone else here). I've seriously slimmed down my wardrobe this year.

which ones?

i just googled them and theres about 10 different 'kurt' jeans...all look different in every pic.

Yeah I'm not sure yet. Porter alone has even more than the Celine website. But definitely something blue.

rire

Reaction score
It's been warm for so long that I've just been in different types of shorts and some Homme Plissé trousers. When I'm in jeans it's black skinnies (like everyone else here). I've seriously slimmed down my wardrobe this year.

Yeah I'm not sure yet. Porter alone has even more than the Celine website. But definitely something blue.
I think you should go with the "clear sky rinse" wash, they look and fit great.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I see. I haven't worn shorts in 15 years. lmao

If I die from heat exhaustion from wearing black skinny jeans in the summer, just know I was cool with it.

I kinda feel that. To be honest it's an on-and-off relationship with shorts, but when it's consistently over 30°C during summer I don't mind locking the jeans away for a couple of weeks. Nonetheless, my relationship with black skinny jeans is still going strong.

I think you should go with the "clear sky rinse" wash, they look and fit great.

That wash is very similar to my London cut jeans (which kinda looks like the less edgy brother of the Kurt now that I think about it), so I'll likely go for something a bit darker if I pull the trigger. Good to hear they fit great though.

rire

Reaction score
Capture d’écran 2022-10-03 à 01.36.05.png

I picked up a pair of the "new" Dylan denim (2N344085T.38TK) and I'm happy to say they finally got the cut right after literally two years of failing miserably (FW20 was too short, then there was the baggy Teen Knight Poem raw hem iteration) but you can finally look like our boy from the FW20 campaign shots – given you have the right body type – with an off the rack version which is nothing short of a miracle!

Capture d’écran 2022-10-03 à 01.31.02.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads