• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Him wearing the Chanel-like jacket from dysfunctional bauhaus is the best out of his recent red carpet appearances imo.

0DCB8260-44FE-4919-B9FE-4E6345F7CAA9.jpeg
0274E273-F5B4-4E7D-BAD1-4EC2157C70E6.jpeg

youwhat

Reaction score
it gets to a point where he'll wear anything though.

like oh these people are paying me enough so yeah whatever.

no personal preference. bit **** to me but (i'd do it too like lol)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a chance to try Bois Dormant yet? I'll need to grab a sample next time I'm in store.

Just ordered it. The description grabbed me.

I wore a bit of Celine today (jacket, jeans, boots), as it's getting a bit more autumnal here.
IMG_2404.jpeg

(PS Excuse the double watch look - testing out a Garmin Enduro 2 and a new Apple ultra watch while my mainstay is being serviced. Both look huge but are somewhat addictive.)

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Just ordered it. The description grabbed me.

I wore a bit of Celine today (jacket, jeans, boots), as it's getting a bit more autumnal here.
View attachment 1835638

(PS Excuse the double watch look - testing out a Garmin Enduro 2 and a new Apple ultra watch while my mainstay is being serviced. Both look huge but are somewhat addictive.)

Jacket looks great and I love the wash on the jeans as well. We're finally back to leather weather here as well, luckily.

I assume it could be the picture but the toe looks very round for a Celine boot, what model are they?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Good eye, they're the Margaret boots. Sort of a chunky, yet a touch refined look.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Oh I forgot about those. I liked them on the women's runway but personally prefer the sleeker options for men. However, I can't argue these are obviously a better fall boot.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the heritage cashmere crew neck arrived a while back. I got large and it was massively oversized. Waist was 44 inches around and it had huge arms. Disappointing as the description was classic fit.

The light grey cashmere from dancing kid which is a kind of slouchy fit is fantastic so I'm not against a looser fit, but this heritage one is just massive.

I'll continue to check the website here and there but I'm mostly going to be looking elsewhere. For example the white Prada t shirts I bought recently were fantastic so I've bought the black as well since. Luckily I have a pretty decent collection from Hedi's Saint Laurent and Celine already.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the heritage cashmere crew neck arrived a while back. I got large and it was massively oversized. Waist was 44 inches around and it had huge arms. Disappointing as the description was classic fit.

The light grey cashmere from dancing kid which is a kind of slouchy fit is fantastic so I'm not against a looser fit, but this heritage one is just massive.

I'll continue to check the website here and there but I'm mostly going to be looking elsewhere. For example the white Prada t shirts I bought recently were fantastic so I've bought the black as well since. Luckily I have a pretty decent collection from Hedi's Saint Laurent and Celine already.
Check out the SLP ones, they fit nice and slim and are of course great quality. None of that oversized bollocks

If you had to choose one, which would you go with: the SLP surf sound or the Celine?
ScreenShot2021-06-16at3.11.32PM_17c02eb4-3708-4b39-959e-02c5d0f2d485.png
$_12.JPG

youwhat

Reaction score
i think the SLP one had VERY wide shoulders.
i saw it on a few people.

i liked the celine one but wanted to see it worn undone and with a t / shirt.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the studs and the placement of the studs on the collar on the SLP version better.
First pic is the back of the slp one, with the second pic being the Celine one.
ovhMw5oOQu25GE1PPIVY
64IgH8ETE6qkx6fbvCJw

Seller of the slp one seems to be my size, and sized down to a 46. I'm tempted by it, but wanted to hear what my hedi bros thought

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'm leaning hard towards the SS16 one. Haven't you been looking for a SL Hedi leather for a long time now?

The studs on the SL leather seem more considered and I like the wider shoulders. In the runway pic the dropped shoulder works well because of the crop and slim fit. It's still very Hedi. The Celine jacket seems slightly less special in comparison.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't you been looking for a SL Hedi leather for a long time now?
Yeah, but I've been buying some as well, unlike that insufferable person in the leather jacket thread. Appreciate your input by the way.

Edit: I've been bad about posting pics of my numerous hauls recently, but will try to remedy that soon. I landed a pretty nice full length mirror that I need to give a good cleaning, as well as figure out lighting and stuff like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads