• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

rivegauche

Reaction score
I only bought the jacket shoegazesummer.

Can anyone (re)-confirm which location it is in Paris that has the perfumes (and more importantly, the exclusive candles)?

I'm going for a couple of days for a work event and am tempted to extend my outbound ticket by a few hours so I can hop into the store etc, depending on its location.

Thanks

edit: nm - seems like it is HAUTE PARFUMERIE STORE 390, RUE SAINT-HONORÉ, according to this link
Don’t get your hopes up. I went to the Haute Parfumerie boutique on Rue Saint Honoré last month and wanted to get one of the candles. Unfortunately they were all sold out (with three of them not expected back in stock before September), no option to preorder either. Fingers crossed you get lucky but don’t expect to have too much choice. The store itself is great and definitely worth a visit though :) there’s also a pretty nice Celine boutique carrying menswear just a few meters away btw

rivegauche

Reaction score
I recently picked up the 30mm jacnos in black suede and wish I had earlier. These are pretty comfortable and will be great for all around use since they can be used for both formal or causal occasions. I prefer using chelseas or jacnos with suits due to how lowkey they are but will use the harness boots if I want more flare.
View attachment 1790795 View attachment 1790796
Great pickup! I have the same ones in brown.

rivegauche

Reaction score
For anyone still craving good skinny cut jeans: I picked up two pairs of Acne Studios North denim. Had them slightly tapered to 15cm leg opening (they were originally 16cm) and they came out perfect. Quality is totally on point (perfect stitching, made in Italy), design (especially pockets) is very minimalist and I got them for an amazing price as well. Might be worth looking into if you are willing to go the extra mile getting them altered (or prefer a more „slim“ fit anyways).

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
also a pretty nice Celine boutique carrying menswear just a few meters away btw

I went to the one mentioned that's a few meters away (Peeked inside the Haute Parfumerie boutique's windows too, but didn't have any plans to buy any more fragrances for now so didn't go in. Although, seeing the travel size containers in person is tempting because they look great and I've been half considering adding Black Tie to my collection.) and the one at 16 Rue Grenelle last week. The interior decorating is definitely very nice. But the mens Cosmic Cruiser clothing selection is just depressing. There really isn't anything that seems worth wearing. The only things I considered were the classic leather biker jacket or a suede jacno that I haven't seen in the NYC stores, but neither are specific to the collection. I bought my significant other this triomphe ring because she's been wanting a ring for a while, and thought it'd be cool for her to have something from Celine, but left disappointed there was nothing I grabbed for myself. I thought about grabbing the Cosmic Cruiser necklace that's a circle with a triangle in the middle, but when my girlfriend said it had "Harry Potter vibes" I immediatly decided against it because did not need that association with how I'm dressing

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I recently picked up the 30mm jacnos in black suede and wish I had earlier. These are pretty comfortable and will be great for all around use since they can be used for both formal or causal occasions. I prefer using chelseas or jacnos with suits due to how lowkey they are but will use the harness boots if I want more flare.
View attachment 1790795 View attachment 1790796

Good fit and cool boots, but proportionally I'll always prefer 40mm for longer legs, with 30mm for shorter legs. That's just my personal view though, they look sick.

Last edited:

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Good fit and cool boots, but proportionally I'll always prefer 40mm for longer legs, with 30mm for shorter legs. That's just my personal view though, they look sick.
Totally agree with you but I already have some 40mm boots and 30mm is just more comfortable when I have to wear them for travel, long drives and all day wear. In addition to that, the 30mm jacnos are the most comfortable pair of boots I own. Main reason I reach for my 30mm chelseas boots the most. I will probably get these in brown suede and black leather if I see them in my size.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Here’s what my rundown Chelsea’s like look after almost 8 years numerous concerts bars clubs and travel.

Attachments

• CB7D4FEB-3DA8-416E-81DE-9C399C65B6B3.jpeg
    CB7D4FEB-3DA8-416E-81DE-9C399C65B6B3.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 241

sisterraysaid

Reaction score
Am i being stupid is does no celine store stock menswear in the UK?, very confused, even the flagship store claims to only stock womenswear on the celine site?

godnose

Reaction score
Am i being stupid is does no celine store stock menswear in the UK?, very confused, even the flagship store claims to only stock womenswear on the celine site?

No, it's not you, the website is out of date. Bond Street does stock menswear.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new summer collection dropped on the website, I like it because of the color palette and it’s clean, but wouldn’t wear anything because it’s CELINE everywhere, argh! I really liked the trucker denim jacket with the hoodie incorporated but the logo on the back of the hood is a deal breaker for me.

1653130704461.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big price increase on the new blue varsity compared to the previous season black. Price increase on the cord as well hopefully that means a restock is coming.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Big price increase on the new blue varsity compared to the previous season black. Price increase on the cord as well hopefully that means a restock is coming.

Do you know by how much the prices have increased? Kinda unfortunate because they are so popular, but that's obviously also why they're increasing the price.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they were about 1900 GBP now 2250 GBP. I guess they know they will sell being very trendy at the moment.

I'm thinking there's a good chance the cord varsity restocks can't see them bothering to change the price for the one unit in size s that's left. Definitely going to give it a try in 50 after the 48 was a bit small.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any Parisian insiders here? I’m in Paris for a few days and a bit of a foodie. Staying near the Tuileries but happy to Uber it to any hot spots. Merci en avance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads