• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

rire

Reaction score
And yet people think Euphoria is a realistic depiction of teenage life...
Uh, no Gen Z individual (he/she/they) is ********** let alone doing hard drugs.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imagine living your whole life with tumblr or tiktok or bikbok or whatever.
tenor.gif

godnose

Reaction score
It's all they know, but yes I'm glad I was born before all of this madness. It's no wonder that young people struggle to be intimate really.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know if the Saint Laurent bombers are still using the AW 2015 pattern. The details look the same, but it's hard to tell if they've maybe got longer since Hedi's time.

Thanks.

queramis

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it's interesting that Hedi is taking the "streetwear" route with his menswear while all the other big fashion houses are coming back to tailoring and beautiful, bourgeois-looking clothes again? Curious to see what he does this season. I'm assuming he's gonna keep using the video format for the show since he skipped fashion week or maybe he'll do a co-ed live show during the upcoming women's fashion week.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I find strange is that what's available isn't a bit more balanced more than anything. I'm all for him doing streetwear, but surely people need more t shirts than just Celine branded ones just to use t shirts to make an example.

I mean even girls I know that do the streetwear thing have a lot of range in their wardrobe than just streetwear.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the moment there's also a kind of lack of cohesion. Classic leather goods like cardholders and perfume cases, but every t shirt and sweatshirt has a logo, a tiny selection of classics still available like the loose blouson, but almost nothing to wear them with. Celine up to dancing kid was very cohesive like Saint Laurent was, now it just looks all over the place.

A distinct range of classics, separate from the runway stuff could make sense, or do away with it and go all out streetwear, but at the moment the selection is pretty strange and doesn't look thought out.

I imagine items like the cord varsity sell so well that it might make a bit of a statement as to there still being a lot of customers that will buy the more typical Hedi items. Who knows.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could almost see myself rocking a few of the items from Cosmic Cruiser if I were like 19 and had unlimited funds...but the giant Celine logo on everything is a red line for me. Whenever I see someone wearing a fashion brand logo I immediately assume they are incredibly insecure about their social status, and the reason they result to a brand logo is because they are unable to impress others with their clothes style by itself.

Plus, nobody has heard of Celine so a brand logo from them isn't going to impress anyone anyway.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Whenever I see someone wearing a fashion brand logo I immediately assume they are incredibly insecure about their social status, and the reason they result to a brand logo is because they are unable to impress others with their clothes style by itself.

Generally agree, with a few exceptions. Something like a "205W39NYC" logo for Raf's Calvin Klein pieces felt sublime due to it's general obscurity of using an address for a logo that unless you were into what Raf was doing for the brand it would not be an obvious logo. I hate the phrase IYKYK, but it essentially does lend itself to that. And I like some of the Vetements logos for the ugly irony value.

The Celine logos don't really have anything special about them to make them worthwhile. They aren't trying to be ironic and make some societal comment, and even if the brand doesn't have as much name value as say Balenciaga, I don't think it even has worthwhile IYKYK power either. A more subtle Celine piece would be better for that. I really don't understand the point of slapping it everywhere.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Can't believe the Celine thread is on so much copium we're starting to argue in favor of logo pieces and Amiri jeans.

FW22 collections need to come out sooner for something worthwhile to discuss. No one has an appetite to discuss CC items in depth even if some of the items are "fun."

I grabbed the teddy corduroy and now the only things I've been considering buying are the Jodhpurs or a pair of the classic black skinny jeans.

I've been wanting to get a suit as well, but getting the boxy suits of CC seem like it would be a waste of Hedi's tailoring style. So curious what FW22 might offer.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed the teddy corduroy and now the only things I've been considering buying are the Jodhpurs or a pair of the classic black skinny jeans.
Which, incidentally, are all classic hedi slimane type items. The jodhpurs and the Chelseas are teh only things giving me hope that we might see some more of these types of products that people in this thread are interested in.

I'm not sure if Hedi Slimane is aware of the severity of the situation, i.e. that people are openly talking of wearing Amiri...

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Which, incidentally, are all classic hedi slimane type items. The jodhpurs and the Chelseas are teh only things giving me hope that we might see some more of these types of products that people in this thread are interested in.

Interestingly, I just noticed on the webstore the classic leather biker has been changed back to the $4950 version compared to the $4650 version that was online the past few seasons/still on Mr. Porter.

If Hedi went streetwear to build brand awareness and start to gain a new following of people buying from Celine just so he can reintroduce more traditional Hedi items, then it will all be worth it imo.

The early collections didn't sell well because presumably only Hedi fans were interested in what he was doing still, everyone else was exhausted from his Saint Laurent days. Hedi switched to streetwear to entice the new generation of buyers to buy from Celine, and now that he has their attention he can sell classic items to them.

rippedbluejeans

Reaction score
Looking for some second opinions. I received my western 9 belt (Size 90) and I can't help feeling it could be a touch longer? Size 95 was never in stock, even the morning the collection launched, and not in any boutiques so I can't compare to a larger size. I'm wearing it on hole 2/5 - I can squeeze to 3/5 but it's not so comfortable,so I'm relatively in the centre right now. Can't tell if I'm making a drama out of nothing.

IMG_69050C43F75D-1.jpeg IMG_69050C43F75D-2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads