• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Show would be around now during a normal fashion week. Any updates on the next menswear show?

godnose

Reaction score
Show would be around now during a normal fashion week. Any updates on the next menswear show?

Nothing yet. I think Hedi now goes for after fashion week, when the hype has died down. Teen Knight Poem was released on 7 February last year, so it shouldn't be coming around soon. Can't lie, I'm quite excited.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rimbaud is available in the states at least. Ordered a bottle. Will report back.

RIMBAUD
EAU DE PARFUM 3 OZ

240 USD

A HYPERSENSITIVE PORTRAIT, BOTH INTIMATE AND SYMBOLIC. THE PORTRAIT OF A 17-YEAR-OLD POET THAT HEDI SLIMANE DISCOVERED AS A TEENAGER AND THAT OF AN ENTIRE GENERATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE PHOTOGRAPHED BY THE COUTURIER OVER THE PAST THIRTY YEARS.

AS IF SUSPENDED ON A TAUT AND FRAGILE WIRE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN CHILDHOOD AND ADULTHOOD, THE EFFERVESCENCE OF A NEO-CLASSIC LAVENDER IS TEMPERED BY THE DELICACY OF A POWDERY VEIL OF IRIS.

LAVENDER, NEROLI, ORRIS BUTTER, WHEAT ACCORD, MUSK AND VANILLA NOTES.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does that sound something like the 2005 Dior Homme?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does, good call.

I'm slowly getting sucked into the Celine universe. Have become obsessed with the Z trainers (have the white).
1642775441780.png

funkyprez

Reaction score
Rimbaud is available in the states at least. Ordered a bottle. Will report back.

RIMBAUD
EAU DE PARFUM 3 OZ

240 USD

A HYPERSENSITIVE PORTRAIT, BOTH INTIMATE AND SYMBOLIC. THE PORTRAIT OF A 17-YEAR-OLD POET THAT HEDI SLIMANE DISCOVERED AS A TEENAGER AND THAT OF AN ENTIRE GENERATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE PHOTOGRAPHED BY THE COUTURIER OVER THE PAST THIRTY YEARS.

AS IF SUSPENDED ON A TAUT AND FRAGILE WIRE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN CHILDHOOD AND ADULTHOOD, THE EFFERVESCENCE OF A NEO-CLASSIC LAVENDER IS TEMPERED BY THE DELICACY OF A POWDERY VEIL OF IRIS.

LAVENDER, NEROLI, ORRIS BUTTER, WHEAT ACCORD, MUSK AND VANILLA NOTES.
Tried Rimbaud today, really liked it. Might be my new favorite

BasicJB

Reaction score
Finally got to try Rimbaud and picked up a bottle.

It opened with a big blast of crisp, clean and sharp lavender without any hints of licorice or anise, which was a plus for me. Iris and vanilla creeped up in about an hour or so while lavender started to fade and mingle with them. It felt dry and warm. 3 hours later, you are left with a thin veil of lavender: almost gone but omnipresent with a base that reminds me of the mix between le peau nue and st germain des pres. It's basically a skin scent at this point.

Overall, it feels more "jersey" than Chanel's Jersey. Quiet, subdued, naive but comfortable.

Bryan55

Reaction score
Finally got to try Rimbaud and picked up a bottle.

It opened with a big blast of crisp, clean and sharp lavender without any hints of licorice or anise, which was a plus for me. Iris and vanilla creeped up in about an hour or so while lavender started to fade and mingle with them. It felt dry and warm. 3 hours later, you are left with a thin veil of lavender: almost gone but omnipresent with a base that reminds me of the mix between le peau nue and st germain des pres. It's basically a skin scent at this point.

Overall, it feels more "jersey" than Chanel's Jersey. Quiet, subdued, naive but comfortable.

Cool review. So think it is more of a day fragrance as opposed to night? Good for all year round wear?

BasicJB

Reaction score
Cool review. So think it is more of a day fragrance as opposed to night? Good for all year round wear?

Day for sure. Very office-friendly if you are not working remote these days. It could be all year round but I'm not sure if the summer heat will draw out too much sweetness from the vanilla.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics