• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

godnose

Reaction score
21af4369792695a8f0d55d7cd01980c0@600x.jpg

I have to agree that this is bad. I want to erase it from my memory. It's too much heteronormativity and hegemonic (toxic?) masculinity. Sorry for the long words. That's just all I want to reach for seeing this image!

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a dangerous game when you go logo mad like Hedi is right now. The YSL Cassandre logo for example is an iconic piece of graphic design, but would be embarrassing to wear other than if it was very discreet at this point due to misuse over the years. Once you put that stuff out there you are giving up control of the brand's perception in some ways, same with Lisa Manoban K-pop followers all in logo t shirts and fakes in Thai markets etc.

headie-one-1.png

Screenshot-2021-11-18-at-13.10.56.png

1626095781612.jpeg

godnose

Reaction score
It's a dangerous game when you go logo mad like Hedi is right now. The YSL Cassandre logo for example is an iconic piece of graphic design, but would be embarrassing to wear other than if it was very discreet at this point due to misuse over the years. Once you put that stuff out there you are giving up control of the brand's perception in some ways, same with Lisa Manoban K-pop followers all in logo t shirts and fakes in Thai markets etc.

headie-one-1.png

Screenshot-2021-11-18-at-13.10.56.png

1626095781612.jpeg

Yeesh, yeah I've not seen any of these. Are those 2 first ones music videos? I almost bought that Teen Knight Poem jacket in the middle as well.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah music videos, Headie One and D Block Europe. It must be gaining popularity in that scene because I was at a house music event over Christmas and saw someone in the same group as a well known London grime artist in the Celine logo hood. It was the blue one and I remember thinking to myself that it actually looked visually really stunning.

godnose

Reaction score
t was the blue one and I remember thinking to myself that it actually looked visually really stunning.

Oh wow! That's quite something! The blue is really striking. A great shade. I'd like to get one and I'd be tempted by that blue, but I think I'll wait to see if it comes out in wool. I feel like that material will elevate it above the total bad boy look a bit.

Entirely out of interest - can you expand on this?

Oh I meant that even Hedi had to accept it, if he wants to portray the energy of youth as he does then he had to accept that the youth were wearing a baggier silhouette now. If he'd stuck with the slim silhouette then he'd be designing for people aged 30-45 etc and he's not all about that. The trend seemed to be a sudden shift that appeared late 2020, spurred by the pandemic I think.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Saint Laurent was his best work.

Celine isn't even half as good.

I hope it improves drastically at some point.

Yeah this is not objectively great work.

Idk I think it's useless to compare which is better. Hedi is a master of selling product, and it's irrelevant if the product is "good" or not. You can't compare artistry in a fair way.

Yes, I prefer his Saint Laurent work any day of the week too, but as long as Hedi is making sales they'll want him at Celine doing what he's currently doing. I rarely, if ever, return to Celine runway shows and I don't identify with the brand at all but I will say I really love the few Celine pieces I do own. There are always a few bangers included in every collection.

BasicJB

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Rimbaud yet? The mix of lavender with powdery vanilla notes sounds promising but I guess we have to wait for end of January for the worldwide release

Also, came across a familiar face from this street style video. Kind of refreshing in a sea of Ricks

godnose

Reaction score
Your vocabulary makes me want to punch you in the face.

If you want to critique fashion without some real terminology then good luck. I kinda don't really want to talk to you though. Peace.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics