• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
tbf it is called the loose blouson

You got me there.

Yeah I don't like the fit on Beckham. I've only seen that type of intense stacking on leather sleeves happen when the sleeves are long and slim (Rick Owens comes to mind), but that's not the case on him, which makes it look weird. The jacket looks better on the model pics GG posted but they're obviously not worn in, so it's an unfair comparison.

youwhat

Reaction score
I seem to remember a pic of him wearing a similar slp jacket that actually looked quite good on him.

By the way, I was chatting with someone about Christophe Decarnin's leathers for Balmain--do you have an opinion on those? Both in terms of styling and quality?

yeah, usually looks alright (in that brown slp one that him and ben cobb wear - even though i dont really like or would wear that specific jacket).
never liked that western one he and iggy pop have got though (not sure if i've ever seen that look good).

i liked a couple of his balmain jackets but was always some balenciaga or prorsum i bought instead (around the time hedi wasnt designing) or wore vintage things so cant really help.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, usually looks alright (in that brown slp one that him and ben cobb wear - even though i dont really like or would wear that specific jacket).
never liked that western one he and iggy pop have got though (not sure if i've ever seen that look good).

i liked a couple of his balmain jackets but was always some balenciaga or prorsum i bought instead (around the time hedi wasnt designing) or wore vintage things so cant really help.
Which Balenciaga and prorsum were you into, out of curiosity?

On a second look, I think you're right that the western blouson does not look that great on Beckham. Also, this was the best pic I could find of Iggy wearing it, as I can't find the campaign one.
36917EF500000578-3706372-The_British_athlete_kept_his_head_down_while_trying_to_go_unnoti-m-38_1469425486866.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

With the kind of insane money that Beckham has, why doesn't he just find the best tailor in the world and get the sleeves done properly?

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
Beckham's style has always been pretty "regular", in the way things fit and his choices of footwear / accessories. I don't think he's trying to style it like Hedi would - it's just a size too big really innit, but that suits his baggyish jeans and plain sweatshirts and boring hats.

I doubt he thinks too much about it tbh, the clothes probably just get given to his stylist and throws them on. Whatever he wears he'll still be David Beckham and have everyone swooning over him everywhere he goes anyway.

His style is probably more aligned with what women actually want than full on Hedi type stuff is tbh.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's never really had much taste. I know he used to shop himself though and would actually go to Bond Street in the early Saint Laurent days.

I think with leather it's especially important to be really fitted because it creases horribly otherwise. The oversized leathers from recent collections look awful. Denim works much better for oversized jackets.

I also always think the bigger someone's wardrobe is the less likely they are to be well dressed. It's like to get the quantity they have to sacrifice on things not being quite right.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing the hoodies with Celine on the hood quite a bit out and about. Especially London urban music types. Probably because Central Cee had an all Celine logo look and he's quite influential for fashion in that scene.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had a quick look at the website and I was surprised by how small the amount of items is. Really small selection. I wonder what's going on. The only category with a significant amount of items is the t-shirt and sweatshirt category and all of that is logos. Bad times.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like most men I try to dress in a way that makes me look attractive to women. But I still wear only what I like and wouldn't ever dress in a way I don't like for women's or other people's approval.

Young hot women over here these days are more impressed by streetwear stuff and obvious labels, Dior monogram, LV, off white, moncler, Balenciaga trainers, Jordans and dunks etc. Not a chance I'll ever dress like that. Times have changed so much all that streetwear stuff used to be for nerds that queued up overnight for new releases of supreme or whatever and then never took them out the box.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, I realize many on this thread like everything to look very clean and tight but you do realize that there are people out there that actually like creases and wear in their leathers and that Beckham may be one of them, right?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the Celine black or grey tapered sweatpants a lot over this vacation. According to Karl Lagerfeld, I've "given up," but otherwise I look like a middle-aged man dressing like a teen. it's super comfortable though and they're not gigantic. I don't mind the subtle logo. They look great with mid-height sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads