• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. It's the UK outlet. I remember seeing it on the rack in a photo the sales assistant sent to me a few months ago so hoping it's still available. How's the sizing?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Completely sold out unfortunately. I really wish all the normal stuff was still available. Things like the leather fur collar flight jackets, these bombers, the tan suede zip blouson etc. Still hoping the fur collar leather might come back considering they brought the cord varsity back.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. It's the UK outlet. I remember seeing it on the rack in a photo the sales assistant sent to me a few months ago so hoping it's still available. How's the sizing?

I have the bomber in a M. For comparison, I normally wear size 39 in Celine shirts and I have a Celine prince of wales suit jacket in 48. While the bomber is a bit snug and cropped in both the torso and arms, given that's exactly how bombers are styled in pre-TDK Hedi collections I would say it fits perfectly and true to size. And, like my previous outfit picture, it still has enough give to be able to wear something like the velour hoodie or a sweater underneath. However, a bulky or oversized hoodie woud be more difficult to wear with it. I never tried a L so I can't say for sure, but I would assume upsizing would ruin the appeal of the cut of the jacket by making it too roomy. At that point it would be better to just buy a bomber jacket intended for that style.

Completely sold out unfortunately. I really wish all the normal stuff was still available. Things like the leather fur collar flight jackets, these bombers, the tan suede zip blouson etc. Still hoping the fur collar leather might come back considering they brought the cord varsity back.

Dang. I'm somewhat optimistic they will. Like you mentioned the cord varisty jacket, but they also have slim leather pants. And for at least the past 3 or 4 collections (maybe even since the beginning), it seems like there is always some prince of wales jacket and trousers available. I realize that might just be Hedi's obsession with tweaking tailoring, but I think it's a sign there's always at least something available within the collections beckoning to the stereotypical style he's curated.

pockets

Reaction score
think mens offer should be seen as multifaceted. tailoring is a pillar of the offer, dont let sequin capes distract you

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the bomber in a M. For comparison, I normally wear size 39 in Celine shirts and I have a Celine prince of wales suit jacket in 48. While the bomber is a bit snug and cropped in both the torso and arms, given that's exactly how bombers are styled in pre-TDK Hedi collections I would say it fits perfectly and true to size. And, like my previous outfit picture, it still has enough give to be able to wear something like the velour hoodie or a sweater underneath. However, a bulky or oversized hoodie woud be more difficult to wear with it. I never tried a L so I can't say for sure, but I would assume upsizing would ruin the appeal of the cut of the jacket by making it too roomy. At that point it would be better to just buy a bomber jacket intended for that style.

Dang. I'm somewhat optimistic they will. Like you mentioned the cord varisty jacket, but they also have slim leather pants. And for at least the past 3 or 4 collections (maybe even since the beginning), it seems like there is always some prince of wales jacket and trousers available. I realize that might just be Hedi's obsession with tweaking tailoring, but I think it's a sign there's always at least something available within the collections beckoning to the stereotypical style he's curated.

Yeah I'm optimistic too, some things like the leather flight jacket with fur collar I mentioned stayed on the site under essentials long after they'd sold out, not sure if that's still the case but I took that as being a good sign. A lot of the classic stuff went to sale that I would have expected to just remain on the site though. Most of the classic knitwear for example. I'm all for Hedi doing his oversized stuff but it would make sense to keep a better selection of classics too.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter sale is up on the UK website. Nothing I want. The grey cashmere crew neck is available in M and the single monk jacnos, but I already have both of those anyway.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Winter sale is up on the UK website. Nothing I want. The grey cashmere crew neck is available in M and the single monk jacnos, but I already have both of those anyway.

The woman's selection seems much more interesting.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
think mens offer should be seen as multifaceted. tailoring is a pillar of the offer, dont let sequin capes distract you

It's definitely multifaceted, There are pieces for every Hedi enthusiast new and current. Most established customers aren't going to buy an entire collection especially if they have similar pieces already. Im sure he designed that cape with somebody in mind.

godnose

Reaction score
Women's SS22 show is up now. Some nice pieces in there. Certainly more wearable than Cosmice Cruiser, but the vibe is an ode to the ultra-rich. I prefer the angle of the menswear tbh, which is a bit more "dirty rascal".

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
It's more of the same for the womenswear this season with some updates. I like how they're sticking with this vibe.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. The older I get the more I like more commercial collections like this as opposed to the more trying to be alternative menswear.

The platform trainers stood out to me, and the accessories look fantastic. Clothes too many nice items to mention.

pockets

Reaction score
wake up, new show live. goddamn

as far as differences between mens and womens, i think while presented differently there is again, a lot of overlap to me.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Love the collection.

What I find interesting is for his first collection for Celine, the "high fashion" community, Phoebe fans, etc; complained that it was too much of a drastic switch from the Celine Philo had crafted and that Celine was now just a stereotypical Hedi nightlife "partygirl" aesthetic extension of his work at Saint Laurent. And I mean undoubtedly it did feel like an extension. But then Hedi, whether as both a reaction to silence his critics or out of his own desire to craft a Celine universe, switched to the French bourgeoise style for the next few collections to flex his design skills and portray his influences. But with the womenswear SS22 it now feels as if the elegance and wonder (sequin Chanel-like tweed jackets, sparkly dresses, that "I'm too good for this" feeling that confident woman portray) has reached a point where he merged the traditional "party girl" eveningwear style he has done before with the Celine French bourgeoise style. Which I absolutely love. He's crafted a collection that's meant to satisfy both types of women, even saying that they should, in reality, be the same woman. You can have sparkly dresses for eveningwear but you should also have options for what to wear that's equally confidence-boosting during the day.

Also fun to see further references to the menswear with things like the camo pants. As if he's winking at his watchers and saying that the eboy style of the mens collection is serving the same purpose. You can go out at night in the elegance of one portion of his style (tailoring, black boots, slim fitting jackets), and during the day you can go out in the Celine oversized comfort wear for a casual weekend. And just design choice to say "This is the Celine universe."

The use of the Can song was interesting too. I saw the use of pop rap recently (and even with Lisa as a Kpop star) as a divergence of his love of indie garage rock, but also a recognition (or maybe a late acceptance) that today rappers, popstars, and idol groups are the equaivelent of the rockstars of the 60s or the gritty indie rockers of the 2000s. And yet he threw in a song from Can's 1972 album as if he's saying "Nothing has changed. Even if I've made trousers wider, boxy tailoring, engaging with pop culture through logo mania, these are still MY collections."

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Women's SS22 show is up now. Some nice pieces in there. Certainly more wearable than Cosmice Cruiser, but the vibe is an ode to the ultra-rich. I prefer the angle of the menswear tbh, which is a bit more "dirty rascal".

Disagree that the womenswear doesn't have a statement (albeit smaller) on this. A woman wearing camo pants is still absolutely wild to me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics