• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
something weird to me about wearing a giant C insignia if your name at least doesn't start with said letter

CC so far looks quite disappointing in terms of outerwear and shirting, hoping Mr Porter did another giant buy and drops soon

pockets

Reaction score
Cheers, if you're a 48 then that looks like it would fit me. I'm still in two minds about whether it's too bold for me though.

Looks great on Peter Utz but the details aren't showing:

-16377621223521477545785.jpg

I would prefer it in the same colours but plain like the leather sleeves one here:

View attachment 1711248
i have the plain varsity jacket that utz is wearing in that second picture, the sleeves are sort of a glossier cracked flakey sort of texture. wish the fit was more loose like the new one brown tried, looks great. i wear hoodies all the time and itd be a better cozy drape if i tossed that jacket over one.

i say be bold, *******. its a nice jacket.

guess the quote didnt catch it, but this one

ive seen it go for cheap too

Last edited:

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Both of these men have great hair

Thank you! Honestly have been considering getting it cleaned up on the sides but can't decide because I prefer a bedhead/"I don't care" approach to hair. Also have considered getting my hair dyed blonde like some of the TKP e-boy models.

Not to flood the thread with fitpics but @brown2190 asked me a while ago how the ruffled collared shirt from TKP looks and thought even if I'm wearing a sweater over it might as well share to show how it looks on the neck. I have a long-ish neck from being around 6'2"/1.9m for context. I look a bit awkward in these photos though haha but here's both a side profile and a front view.

108D61B0-6B10-49CF-83FB-56AEC146BBE8.jpeg

85C71F31-4ACF-424D-BCBE-4AFF79625656.jpeg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Both of these men have great hair

Thank you! Honestly have been considering getting it cleaned up on the sides but can't decide because I prefer a bedhead/"I don't care" approach to hair.

Not getting a haircut for a little while is the best thing you can do honestly. What would you rather have, short hair or some cool Celine pieces? Easy answer for me.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Tragic breaking news. I know Virgil has been at a few Celine shows and it's not hard to imagine Hedi influencing his work. I never watched his collections too closely (although did enjoy some of the LV shows) but it feels unreal still given his role in high fashion accepting "streetwear" that one could argue has even somewhat contributed to the shift in Celine towards TDK or CC.

godnose

Reaction score
Tragic breaking news. I know Virgil has been at a few Celine shows and it's not hard to imagine Hedi influencing his work. I never watched his collections too closely (although did enjoy some of the LV shows) but it feels unreal still given his role in high fashion accepting "streetwear" that one could argue has even somewhat contributed to the shift in Celine towards TDK or CC.

Holy ****. That is unexpected. How awful. This was kept very much under wraps. This is quite a shock and is going to rock LVMH.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow very terrible news and you are right; they kept his illness very discreet. such a young star.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I Google image searched that velour hoody looks nice on end's pictures. Mrporter pictures look weird though. Might get one.

Shoe gaze summer is that the classic bomber that was carried over until recently, the ones that were more like the original Saint Laurent AW15 ones? Saint Laurent still have the black but I bet they've messed about with the design since Hedi left.

Desperate for some kind of new jacket but none of the options feel quite right

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I Google image searched that velour hoody looks nice on end's pictures. Mrporter pictures look weird though. Might get one.

Neither End or Mr Porter's pictures highlight this, but thought I'd mention the cut of the torso of the hoody is slightly cropped. I wear APC PNS, and both the hoody and the bomber fall slightly above where the waist of my jeans fall. Besides that, the hoody is decently roomy in the chest and arms allowing for it to be comfortably worn over a shirt. Compared to my normal Celine sizing (size M), it isn't as slim fitting as some other knitwear from Celine. For example, the regular fit cashmere sweater is closer fitting to how the hoody fits than a slim fitting turtleneck I have from an earlier season.

Shoe gaze summer is that the classic bomber that was carried over until recently, the ones that were more like the original Saint Laurent AW15 ones? Saint Laurent still have the black but I bet they've messed about with the design since Hedi left.

Desperate for some kind of new jacket but none of the options feel quite right

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by classic, but given when I bought it from Celine it probably is what you're thinking of. I bought it around SS20 and I believe it's the same bomber that was sold immediatly with Hedi's first collection at Celine in SS19. It's cropped, slim fitting, generally what you'd expect out of pre-TDK outerwear from Hedi. Googling around checking out Saint Laurent bombers they do show a similar cut to the Celine one.

Product photo below from Celine's website when I ordered it.

06CC73B9-FCAC-4B9E-961B-5102BC6BA148.jpeg

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
the ones that were more like the original Saint Laurent AW15 ones?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by classic

I revisited the Saint Laurent AW15 show after your comment and I'm guessing you mean this bomber:
BC55F3A2-AEC7-4663-B4BA-043F44528DB2.jpeg

If so, then yes, the Celine one I have from the early seasons when Hedi just joined the house fits and looks very similar to the above.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks shoe gaze summer. The hoody sounds great. I'm not worried about the length because I usually wear mine with a t-shirt sticking out the bottom anyway. I have the grey and black zip triomphe hoodies and they're pretty cropped too.

And yeah that's the Celine bomber I was thinking of. Think they might have gone to sale store here so I might give them a ring. I wouldn't mind a bomber now that they're less popular here (pretty much every teenage girl was wearing them in green here 5 years ago).

And again that's the 15 one I was talking about. They were shown in green on the men's runway, and carried over for years in a variety of colours including black, green and navy.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoegazesummer I was wondering if you would be able to give a style code for the bomber. I've been trying to reach the sale store but there's no answer so I'm going to try customer service but I'll need a style ID. Thank a lot.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Shoegazesummer I was wondering if you would be able to give a style code for the bomber. I've been trying to reach the sale store but there's no answer so I'm going to try customer service but I'll need a style ID. Thank a lot.

The tag lists it as 2W011396E and it was the "Bomber Jacket in Nylon Twill".

4B2FA30F-9D27-4515-B071-B43E669B3472.jpeg

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I've been trying to reach the sale store
Is this referencing one of their outlet locations or is there another store selling past season Celine I should know about? I know I asked before for online and people mentioned 24s but this sounds like there is a Celine-affiliated sale store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads