• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the kids I see around wearing stuff like urban outfitters iets franz (or however it's spelled), af1, North Face etc actually look better than Hedi's recent stuff. I love the womenswear which is like an elevated version of current fashions, but the menswear just looks a bit off, a bit weird, not quite got the silhouette right. There are individual pieces that are cool though, just Hedi's presentation of it isn't quite right. That's just me though.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I'll pass on anything post the dancing kid since most of it looks like items I used to wear before I go into slp. I'll bring out my old levi's and old oversized guess jacket my mom bought me for hs if I want the silhouette. I'd rather be dressed in full amiri than full celine at this point.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a black suede version of this jacket in my size that I'm super tempted to buy on grailed right now. In fact, I think I'm going to buy it, especially as it's unused. My understanding is that the black one fits slimmer than the one you have. I think the one you have is harder to find, since I think people are hanging onto them since Hedi wore one. Do you have any paranoia around wearing it with regard to stains and stuff?
img_5461-jpg.1709946

Yes, I agree that that's what makes the SLP look old hat. It's a look I've seen so many thousands of times that it has lost personality. It looks like anyone who goes to Topshop - I know this is a thing that's said often about Hedi's work, but since TDK I don't feel like the high street is there at all. Yes Hedi stuff is not mega conceptual fashion but it's got this essence that just makes it a seriously high cut above other clothing, and most high street doesn't even come close.

A controversial half-formed view, interested to see what people think: the only high street shop that gets close to the new Hedi Celine look is Urban Outfitters - that's UK Urban Outfitters I'm referring to. And for me, Hedi found his groove at Celine with Dancing Kid. The prior collections I found to be very dated and actually awkward... Sorry!
Completely agree with first part. One played out combination from the SLP days that I can't seem to leave, despite finding it so trite, is the tan boots with black jeans.

Are you looking at picking up any of the Cosmic cruiser stuff? Or are you just appreciating it for its own sake?

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
This vid has everything you need to know about protecting suede jackets.

I just use my saphir spray that I use on my suede boots along with checking the weather app on my phone for rain.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here viceofgucci pretty much except I could be open to a few items. Hedi spent 20 years perfecting slim tailoring. It's what he's good at. He's not very good at this new silhouette.

I'm really not seeing the new baggy style which was supposed to replace skinny gain as much traction with men as it is with women. Even for women they all wear tight leggings sometimes which is pretty much the same silhouette as skinny jeans.

Ggallin black jeans tan suede boots is a nice combination. I don't see a problem with it now as long as it's not with every other Saint Laurent signature item.

funkyprez

Reaction score
The Cosmic Cruiser styling made me cringe so bad, but I may consider some individual items that made it to production (per the unreleased web store photos). Puppy dog shirt and cardigan, new Drugstore boots in 40 mm, zebra Hawaiian shirt, ‘bred toe’ Z Trainers . Corduroy teddy is back too.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my Thanksgiving meal I might have to get into the oversized fit. Curious when CC will drop online in the States though. Usually I react in horror but then end up purchasing a sweater or shirt or two that I like a lot. Have been really digging my Chelsea boots (have both the black and suede) with the skinny fit jeans (I have all three, light denim, classic dark, and black). The denim is really great, MIJ, and very comfortable but still slim. The top block is a bit bigger than SLP as a heads up, so it can give that slouchier 2021 look.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Love these shorter length sleeves. I do the same myself with my couple jackets. The longer look just reminds me of boring suburban guys wearing cheap leather jackets from Macys in about two sizes too large.

13 year old me sizing up on my faux leather jacket because I'm going to be a big boy soon.

I don't think that looks bad on you, although I can understand it being too cropped for your liking. Are you sagging your jeans in that pic at all, or are they where they naturally sit at, if that makes sense? This might just be one of the rare cases in which being tall is a drag.

I know at the time this photo came out everyone was drooling about it, but I don't think I like how this leather fits this guy. Teh contrived pose is kinda annoying as well. It looks too cropped, and the sleeves are too short for my liking. He looks like he might be really tall as well.

I've never understood the hype for this look. I think if all aspects of your jacket are too small, your jacket is just too small. Cropped body, short sleeves, tight shoulders and a tight hem. Also hate the flannel around the waist when he's wearing a leather jacket, just don't wear the leather then. Whole fit just seems so incredibly forced to me, which is ironic because of that "you can't let the effort show" quote that I can't be bothered to look for now.

Completely agree with first part. One played out combination from the SLP days that I can't seem to leave, despite finding it so trite, is the tan boots with black jeans.

The black jeans, tan suede boots and white tee combo has been a staple for me for multiple summers now. Can't go wrong really.

godnose

Reaction score
I think the kids I see around wearing stuff like urban outfitters iets franz (or however it's spelled), af1, North Face etc actually look better than Hedi's recent stuff.

Oh you devil!

Are you looking at picking up any of the Cosmic cruiser stuff? Or are you just appreciating it for its own sake?

Well, sadly no, I have to say. CC for me was a let down after TDK and TKP. Am I going to be like an ageing boomer on here in 10 years' time saying "bring back interim-TKP-Hedi!"? Jokes aside, for me TKP was perfect. Never felt such a connection to a brand and collection like that before.

With Cosmic Cruiser, it was all very glam and shiny. I'd feel far too conspicuous wearing it. There were some bits I liked. I liked the zebra jacket (below) but having just bought the panelled zebra denim jacket from TKP, I don't want to become obsessed with zebra(!), and I also like this all-over embroidered bomber (also below), but it will be delicate (I need to be able to sling things on and wear it on the Tube, throw a backpack on top etc.) and it will be expensive. All that embroidery, if they are sequins then god help me... What £5000 maybe? I can't do that, sorry, Hedi.

cel-zeb.png
cel-bom.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CC is available in the states. I was a bit hyperbolic in my prediction, in that my kneejerk reaction was not aversive but rather more of the same with a new color palette and a few sleeker pieces.

My favs, which are so embarrassingly classique that I'm wondering if I'll be pilloried by the nouvelle vague, are the following:

Corduroy varsity jacket - Like the collar a lot and mercifully free of branding, however, I had to size down one for the SLP black/white varsity and I'm unsure there's enough differentiation to purchase two 2.5K varsity jackets. ;)
1637931908976.png

CT-01 Z Trainer all black. Really like the panoply of textures. I may be able to live with the branding on the back, but let me let you in on a little secret, I'm worried these are too low for a 5'6" guy such as me. I like to have a slightly larger heel and .2" sounds strangely over minimalist. Are they really that low? I'm not looking for risers but at least a normal heel height!
1637932002206.png

Slim jeans in calf leather. Not sure how one can pull these off in the wild, but in a weird way, they look extremely comfortable and I can imagine myself throwing on a t and letting it go. (Disconcertingly, the Frozen song just popped in my head.)

1637932178981.png

godnose

Reaction score
Oh yes! There it is. Seems absurd to think that TKP is no longer "current". Fashion is mad.

CT-01 Z Trainer all black. Really like the panoply of textures. I may be able to live with the branding on the back, but let me let you in on a little secret, I'm worried these are too low for a 5'6" guy such as me. I like to have a slightly larger heel and .2" sounds strangely over minimalist. Are they really that low? I'm not looking for risers but at least a normal heel height!
View attachment 1710117

Slim jeans in calf leather. Not sure how one can pull these off in the wild, but in a weird way, they look extremely comfortable and I can imagine myself throwing on a t and letting it go. (Disconcertingly, the Frozen song just popped in my head.)

View attachment 1710118

I think that all black trainer is a good move and it will sell well. And I think that sole is on the thicker side for a trainer of that style. If the branding is too much then do like the teachers at my school used to and get that permanent marker out ?

On the leather trousers, I actually really like the like these leather leggings from TKP - I think the branding at the bottom would land below the sock line. The leather is so so fine and looks so comfortable.
cel-leg.png cel-leg 2.png

Randeep

Reaction score
I keep umming and ahhing about those ^ leather leggings. The thing that ultimately puts me off though is that as far as I can discern, the knees _will_ get (irreversibly) baggy.

godnose

Reaction score
hing that ultimately puts me off though is that as far as I can discern, the knees _will_ get (irreversibly) ba

Glad that they have caught other people's eye! They are really really nice. And hmm, yes I wonder. I guess they would ultimately. You would not want to be sat down in them much. They do have a seam at the knee, but it would be a costly and risky repair to have loose leather removed - rather like a facelift...

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep umming and ahhing about those ^ leather leggings. The thing that ultimately puts me off though is that as far as I can discern, the knees _will_ get (irreversibly) baggy.
I'd be more worried about a cock blowout
This vid has everything you need to know about protecting suede jackets.

I just use my saphir spray that I use on my suede boots along with checking the weather app on my phone for rain.

Thanks, I'm gonna check this out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads